Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

8 hours ago, greend said:

did you mean to post this in the blog? or in welcome to the message board?

The dead fish deserves a welcome too, though. 

• Haha 1

Hopefully that flounder is still kicking. He's a short and needs to be thrown back.

I know HE did the right thing after snapping a great pic...

Yeah we didn't keep any.  My parents came with but I booked this for my son. Hes 6 and loves watching fishing videos on youtube but hes only caught small stuff out of our pond. I figured he'd have a blast going out on a boat like that.  And he did. 

We weren't out to catch keepers and take home.  Just for him to have an experience. 

• 1 month later...

I was just looking at some stats and noticed that there's been 140,045 posts in 1,258 threads since the new EMB opened its virtual doors on April 20th. 

As of this posting, there have been 132 days between April 20th and now (not counting this day, the 30th of August). That works out to 1,061 posts per day. Keep that pace as the average over a full year and we'll be pushing 400,000 posts. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just looking at some stats and noticed that there's been 140,045 posts in 1,258 threads since the new EMB opened its virtual doors on April 20th. 

As of this posting, there have been 132 days between April 20th and now (not counting this day, the 30th of August). That works out to 1,061 posts per day. Keep that pace as the average over a full year and we'll be pushing 400,000 posts. 

Imagine if we had any traffic here!

:whistle:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So no traffic then? Can you break it down into which forum has the most activity?? I feel like cvon would be winning that battle lol

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So no traffic then? Can you break it down into which forum has the most activity?? I feel like cvon would be winning that battle lol

The graph below shows the breakdown by month and by forum. CVON is on page 3 of the forum list, but if you look at the top 3 forums in the graph, the largest amount from April is TATE. Starting in May, CVON overtook TATE and has the most monthly posts. ATNFL and WU are the other top two forums on the graph. 

As we get closer to the season, the numbers are increasing and I would think (but could be incorrect), that TATE will overtake CVON. But with this being an election year, you never know. 

stats.JPG

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The graph below shows the breakdown by month and by forum. CVON is on page 3 of the forum list, but if you look at the top 3 forums in the graph, the largest amount from April is TATE. Starting in May, CVON overtook TATE and has the most monthly posts. ATNFL and WU are the other top two forums on the graph. 

As we get closer to the season, the numbers are increasing and I would think (but could be incorrect), that TATE will overtake CVON. But with this being an election year, you never know. 

stats.JPG

Damn man I wasn't actually expecting an answer lol. Thank you though because was interested

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Damn man I wasn't actually expecting an answer lol. Thank you though because was interested

lol The board software provides a lot of data.It just takes a few clicks to sift through it. If you (or anyone else) is ever curious about how many posts there are, click on the "Twitter Feeds" link at the top of the board, then scroll to the bottom of the screen. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I've been out of the loop so missed all of the changes. My heart stopped when I tried to log in today...bookmark didn't work so I thought the board was dead. Glad to see that's not the case and that this new board looks a lot like home. Anyway, I would like to have my profile restored, if possible.

Thank you!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mauserbob said:

Hello all. I've been out of the loop so missed all of the changes. My heart stopped when I tried to log in today...bookmark didn't work so I thought the board was dead. Glad to see that's not the case and that this new board looks a lot like home. Anyway, I would like to have my profile restored, if possible.

Thank you!

Yep, before the old board died, I hired someone to basically replicate the skin (theme) of the old board and install it to this new one. If we had to move, we at least wanted the new home to look exactly like the old one. He did a great job of replicating the look of the old EMB. 

• Like 1

I'm re-pin this for now, since new old EMBers are starting to find us, and may not know what happened back in April. 

1 hour ago, Vman1968 said:

So I’ve heard the Mods here are pretty lame. Can anyone comment ??

And risk another contusion?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

So I’ve heard the Mods here are pretty lame. Can anyone comment ??

I don't have a comment but your Mum had lots to say about how much she likes me.

Spoiler

BuDY.gif

• Haha 1

I just kind of want to clear up any confusion that there may be. Since the season has started, I've gotten a several PMs with regard to moderation type things, asking why 'this' was done, or what happened to 'that' post, and things like that.

If I can answer those questions, I certainly don't mind. But a lot of times (nearly all of the times), I don't know what happened to 'that' post or why 'this' was done. I'm not a Mod, so I'm not the best one to be able to quickly and easily answer those questions. 

Like I said, I certainly don't mind trying to answer those questions if I can, but I'm not really involved in those issues.

Now, if you want to know what the server load is, how many gigs of storage we're using, or how many visitors we get during games (or other things like that), I'll be more than happy to talk your ear off (I'm a geek like that lol).

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just kind of want to clear up any confusion that there may be. Since the season has started, I've gotten a several PMs with regard to moderation type things, asking why 'this' was done, or what happened to 'that' post, and things like that.

If I can answer those questions, I certainly don't mind. But a lot of times (nearly all of the times), I don't know what happened to 'that' post or why 'this' was done. I'm not a Mod, so I'm not the best one to be able to quickly and easily answer those questions. 

Like I said, I certainly don't mind trying to answer those questions if I can, but I'm not really involved in those issues.

Now, if you want to know what the server load is, how many gigs of storage we're using, or how many visitors we get during games (or other things like that), I'll be more than happy to talk your ear off (I'm a geek like that lol).

This. Send all your hate mail to mod 4.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:25 PM, Moderator6 said:

This. Send all your hate mail to mod 4 the Terminator.

FYP

Hey, All.

Due to some issues both in and out of my control, I hadn't been on the old EMB since around the new year, and had no idea it was closing until last week. I didn't post much on the old EMB, but lurked around there pretty much daily since 2003. 

I'm so glad this new EMB was set up, and a big thanks to @VaBeach_Eagle, and everyone else who was responsible for setting this up!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bover907 said:

Hey, All.

Due to some issues both in and out of my control, I hadn't been on the old EMB since around the new year, and had no idea it was closing until last week. I didn't post much on the old EMB, but lurked around there pretty much daily since 2003. 

I'm so glad this new EMB was set up, and a big thanks to @VaBeach_Eagle, and everyone else who was responsible for setting this up!

I'm glad you found us, I knew that there would be 'lost' EMBers 'out there' after the old board closed down, so the hope was that little by little many would find us either by Googling or 'word of mouth'. So it's always great to see people finding us.

It was a shame to see the old EMB close down, but it was such an awesome thing to see how quickly everyone jumped into motion to get a new EMB going. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that within 15 to 30 minutes after Dave's announcement, I had bought this domain (our internet address), our hosting package and the license for this board software... I just went to the archives (because I'm a nerd like that lol), and Dave announced the closure at 5:48 PM on the 15th of April.

Those who were involved at the time can correct me if I have any of this wrong, but as I remember it, after some PM discussions with several other members, @UK_EaglesFan89 posted the 'New EMB' thread at 6:14 PM (Eastern Time). I responded to that thread 2 minutes later and by that time I'd already bought the things mentioned above (URL, Hosting package and software license). So that's roughly a half hour after Dave's announcement. 

So we went through the 'stages of grief' pretty quickly and had already set up shop in a new home (which didn't actually open for business for 5 days, I hired someone to duplicate the original EMBs theme/skin and that took a couple of days and then it took a couple of days to get things set up, thanks to the generous help of @Moderator12.) lol. A good number of members donated to a GoFundMe campaign to fund the board and raised around $3,000 (the exact number escapes me at the moment). So we have enough to fund us for at least a couple of years, provided we don't have to upgrade the hosting package (again). We had to upgrade after the 'crush' of traffic crashed the board in week 1. Since then though, it's been going pretty smoothly. 

I typed out that timeline just for future reference, for future old EMBers that may find us, and for posterity's sake. If I neglected to mention anyone, please chime in and raise your hand. It was a VERY hectic period of time for me (both with setting the board up and personal stuff). So I could well have forgotten some details here and there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappeeler said:

I didn't get all my old stats back but I'm good.

Do you know about how many posts you had?

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you know about how many posts you had?

Over 3,000 but I'm not sure exactly. It's not a big deal to me though.