Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

Many thanks to you for this new site. I can't believe how quick you put it up and of course as always you're a man of your word🤩

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

The score is 138 online users on the old MB to 136 online here. 

We will soon surpass the old board. 

Ahhh the clone wars.

• Like 1

If there's some threads on the old EMB that you want to re-create here but retain its original post date, you can go to the old EMB and quote the first post in that thread (like I did with the Survivor thread in For Your Entertainment shown below), and then 'cut' that quoted post out of the post box (on the old EMB). Come here, and start the new thread, set the title and paste that cut quoted post into the posting box. 

I had to also copy the original text (on the old EMB) and put it into the quote box here, but it keeps its original posting date from back in December even though this board didn't exist until a few days ago. 

Of course, if you don't care about the original post date, you can just make the new post and not worry about all of those steps lol. 

In the first 24 hours of being online, we've had more than 2,500 posts, in 125 topics and almost 400 members register their accounts. Activity is too low, maybe I should just shut the board down?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In the first 24 hours of being online, we've had more than 2,500 posts, in 125 topics and almost 400 members register their accounts. Activity is too low, maybe I should just shut the board down?

Do we have enough funding to try a 3rd time? :roll: 

• Like 1

After speaking with VAB, we will let some of the banned members from the old board register and post, albeit with a short leash.  These will be users that had less serious infractions, such as spazzing out over a suspension and filling the warn log to 10.  Habitual trolls and people who stepped WAY over the line will remain banned.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moderator12 said:

After speaking with VAB, we will let some of the banned members from the old board register and post, albeit with a short leash.  These will be users that had less serious infractions, such as spazzing out over a suspension and filling the warn log to 10.  Habitual trolls and people who stepped WAY over the line will remain banned.

Do you know if any other Mods are coming over? I'm only asking because Mod5 used to make the game day threads. NOTW suggested me doing it, which I'm ok doing if Mod5 isn't coming over, but if he is, and wants to resume that role, that's cool too.

4 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

seems fair.....thanks both of you

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Do you know if any other Mods are coming over? I'm only asking because Mod5 used to make the game day threads. NOTW suggested me doing it, which I'm ok doing if Mod5 isn't coming over, but if he is, and wants to resume that role, that's cool too.

Im pretty sure I saw Mod5 say he is done in some thread somewhere.

I was wondering if there are any other mods here at all other than 12. 

I have not heard that he is planning to, so if you want to take that on have at it.   

Quite a few are reitiring with the board which is understandable.  Some of us have been at it for 15-20 years, and its a good break.  It does appear (at least) one other one will be joining me however.

• Like 1

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

If there are, I haven't seen any other than Mod12.

6 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

Guess that means Munson coming back is a no go?

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Guess that means Munson coming back is a no go?

Bobby can come back if he admits we live on a spinning ball.

:whistle: 

• Haha 1

Bobby can come back if he admits we live on a spinning ball.

:whistle: 

Guess that's a no for him as well:lol:

• Like 1

Wanted to join the chorus of those saying THANK YOU for making this new board a reality! As an out of town fan who used to subscribe to Dave's printed update paper (what was it called? Eagles Digest?) and only get it in LA when it was already dated news, the EMB was such a home to connect with other iggles fans, even more so when I moved abroad.

I admit the negadelphians and just overall idiotic comments (which, I swear, have gotten worse and louder over the years) made me want to stop coming many times, but I could never actually leave. The reaction and actions of people like @VaBeach_Eagle to keep this going is exactly why. The bond of community is not so easily created, yet here it is felt even by those who post as rarely as I do. It was heartening to see how many people are in the same boat as me - don't post much but been around forever and feel that the EMB is their home too.

Here's to new beginnings with old friends. And maybe more posting. Can't count on seeing less idiotic rants but hey, we take the good with the bad right?

Go Birds!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure what the ongoing operating costs are, but is there a way we can donate?

How long is the Gofundme page going to be up? We should probably make it sticky for the time being.

Also any consideration to having a donate button on the boards?

16 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

16 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

16 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If there are, I haven't seen any other than Mod12.

Here to help. Mod 12 and VA have a lot of administration to do, bugs, approve users, etc.

I will help with organization, pinned topics, merges, etc. 

Joe, if you'd like to do the GDT that's great then we can pin, lock and unlock. 

I'll be busy during the draft organizing and updating topics as well so we can have the same experience we're used to. 

I'm thinking a running draft blog plus the pinned topic for each pick. Then updating IWTETG as well.

Shout for any suggestions mates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

Here to help. Mod 12 and VA have a lot of administration to do, bugs, approve users, etc.

I will help with organization, pinned topics, merges, etc. 

Joe, if you'd like to do the GDT that's great then we can pin, lock and unlock. 

I'll be busy during the draft organizing and updating topics as well so we can have the same experience we're used to. 

I'm thinking a running draft blog plus the pinned topic for each pick. Then updating IWTETG as well.

Shout for any suggestions mates.

thanks for signing up to help out and keep us in line. 

I wanted to bring over the original draft prospect threads in IWTETG from the other board. Theyre better since Don always updates them through the year. I actually put a little bit of research in to the ones I make. And its fun to get/give credit for some late round finds that the team ends up drafting so Id like us to see who the OPs really were. But thatll create a bunch of duplicate threads now that a bunch of other people created new ones. Would require a lot of mod merging powers, which is why I hadnt done it. Those two guys are busy enough right now. Is this something you feel willing to tackle or nah?

22 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

We revised our policy a bit.  Banned members who got banned for lesser infractions, such as spazzing out over a suspension and filling their log in a blaze of glory, will be allowed back on a short leash.

Members who were habitual trolls or crossed way over the line will not.

Suspensions from the actions in the thread you mentioned will not carry over, but if they pull that here they will be booted quickly.

I'm glad this board will be moderated as well. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

thanks for signing up to help out and keep us in line. 

I wanted to bring over the original draft prospect threads in IWTETG from the other board. Theyre better since Don always updates them through the year. I actually put a little bit of research in to the ones I make. And its fun to get/give credit for some late round finds that the team ends up drafting so Id like us to see who the OPs really were. But thatll create a bunch of duplicate threads now that a bunch of other people created new ones. Shall we tackle that or nah?

You're welcome!

VA would have to archive and re-create here. Being that most of these guys will be drafted this week, is it worth it for referencing the past posts? 

You could quote certain posts there yourself then cut, paste in here if certain posts but the entire thread, VA would have to do the work on that. 

• Like 1

oh ok. 

I dont wanna do the archive thing for all of those threads. Would take way too long. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If there's some threads on the old EMB that you want to re-create here but retain its original post date, you can go to the old EMB and quote the first post in that thread (like I did with the Survivor thread in For Your Entertainment shown below), and then 'cut' that quoted post out of the post box (on the old EMB). Come here, and start the new thread, set the title and paste that cut quoted post into the posting box. 

I had to also copy the original text (on the old EMB) and put it into the quote box here, but it keeps its original posting date from back in December even though this board didn't exist until a few days ago. 

Of course, if you don't care about the original post date, you can just make the new post and not worry about all of those steps lol. 

Can you clarify how to do this? I'm trying to set up something and I can't figure out how to do it properly.