Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

11 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Can you clarify how to do this? I'm trying to set up something and I can't figure out how to do it properly.

Quote the post (over there) that you want to move over here. In the post box where the quoted post shows up, you can then 'cut' that quote box to paste it somewhere else. To do that, look at the image below...

cut-paste.jpg.b1fd83cacab91c027ac0700730f8aee2.jpg

Do you see where I outlined the corner in red? Move your cursor to that corner until you see that little icon appear, once it does, right click and then click 'cut' from the menu. If cut isn't an option, then just left click that little icon. Then on your keyboard, hold the Ctrl button down, and press the C key. That should 'cut' the quoted post, and it'll then be on your 'clipboard'. Just don't copy or cut anything else (until after you finish with this task), because that will clear your 'clipboard' so that it can 'cut' or 'copy' the new thing.

Once you've done that, come here and start the new thread and paste the quoted post into it (or paste it in the existing thread that you want to do it in), to do that you can either right click in the posting box, then click 'paste' or you can hold the Ctrl key down and click V (you may already know how to copy and paste, but someone else might now, so I explained it for anyone else that might not know how).

The few times that I've done this, it's happened two different ways (when I paste it into this board). The first time, it gave me the quote box from the old EMB, but it was empty, so all I had to do was go back to the old EMB thread and highlight all of the text in that post, right click and copy then come here and paste it into the empty post box. The other way it worked, it worked without having to copy/paste all of the text. It just worked.

Try that and see how it goes, if you need help, just let me know. 

I lived in Portsmouth for a time and had many a drink in the beach area. I salute you all for keeping this board alive for us old timers. I like to read the perspectives of younger fans that keep the Eagles fan base alive and kicking. Looking forward to reading every ones views

4 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Hi. Newbie here. Why are my posts in italics?

Red means you don't know football. Duh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Red means you don't know football. Duh.

I was just about to say that. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Quote the post (over there) that you want to move over here. In the post box where the quoted post shows up, you can then 'cut' that quote box to paste it somewhere else. To do that, look at the image below...

cut-paste.jpg.b1fd83cacab91c027ac0700730f8aee2.jpg

Do you see where I outlined the corner in red? Move your cursor to that corner until you see that little icon appear, once it does, right click and then click 'cut' from the menu. If cut isn't an option, then just left click that little icon. Then on your keyboard, hold the Ctrl button down, and press the C key. That should 'cut' the quoted post, and it'll then be on your 'clipboard'. Just don't copy or cut anything else (until after you finish with this task), because that will clear your 'clipboard' so that it can 'cut' or 'copy' the new thing.

Once you've done that, come here and start the new thread and paste the quoted post into it (or paste it in the existing thread that you want to do it in), to do that you can either right click in the posting box, then click 'paste' or you can hold the Ctrl key down and click V (you may already know how to copy and paste, but someone else might now, so I explained it for anyone else that might not know how).

The few times that I've done this, it's happened two different ways (when I paste it into this board). The first time, it gave me the quote box from the old EMB, but it was empty, so all I had to do was go back to the old EMB thread and highlight all of the text in that post, right click and copy then come here and paste it into the empty post box. The other way it worked, it worked without having to copy/paste all of the text. It just worked.

Try that and see how it goes, if you need help, just let me know. 

Thanks. Looks like I figured it out by myself before reading this.

• Like 1

I feel like I was transferred out of Shawshank and when I got to the halfway house,  the Shawshank guards were there.  

Hadley - Mod5

Mert- Mod3

Trout - Mod6

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

🖐️

I take back every mean thing I said to you last week!

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What about members who were on thin ice over there but came over here and changed their screen name but admitted who they were.  Warning points stay in the old board?

I agree with keeping the peeps that had been banned for serious violations away.  I don't think warning points should transfer.  A fresh start is a good thing.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

I agree with keeping the peeps that had been banned for serious violations away.  I don't think warning points should transfer.  A fresh start is a good thing.  

I appreciate the warning points not coming over because I had for from I think 2010 that had no expiration. Good to be back to 0. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, What The F said:

I'm not transfering warning points.  I manually validated over 500 accounts in two days and working on bugs in the little spare time left over.  I got enough stuff on my plate

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi! Not a big talker on the boards but been there and reading you guys since 2004. 

I'm not really sure who designed this and who to thank, but it's a heck of a job you guys did here. 

I couldn't tell a single difference from the original. Hats off!

Hopefully everyone one follow and it is a smooth transition! 

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

🖐️

I guess this puts me out of a job Lolol. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I guess this puts me out of a job Lolol. 

You gotta ask him if he's gonna do it. ;)

But don't get comfortable regardless we'll put you to work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moderator6 said:

You gotta ask him if he's gonna do it. ;)

But don't get comfortable regardless we'll put you to work.

I am not digging anymore ditches!

:nonono:

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

How many members we up to?

569 people in the members group

• Like 2

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Old EMB from a minute or so ago:

1543493170_OldEMB.JPG.100363c0ba2ed4d33d924f2278b84771.JPG

New EMB from the same time as above:

253502752_NewEMB.JPG.e3fcbf90ec9882ebfde4d77ed787078e.JPG

• Like 2