***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

I don't watch basketball much now. But anyone who watched kobe play would be out of their mind not to consider him in the goat conversation. And if you hear the narrative that LeBron complained about the refs after game two or three, what does that tell you...

15 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

I don't watch basketball much now. But anyone who watched kobe play would be out of their mind not to consider him in the goat conversation. And if you hear the narrative that LeBron complained about the refs after game two or three, what does that tell you...

Where is Shaq on that list to you? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Godfather said:

That's hilarious. Disrespect on Kobe never gets old

He’s a top 10 player all time. But his resume is similar to Duncan’s. Nobody considers Duncan the GOAT.

27 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Is Duncan in the GOAT convo? Not GOAT PF, GOAT overall

21 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

He’s a top 10 player all time. But his resume is similar to Duncan’s. Nobody considers Duncan the GOAT.

Is Duncan in the GOAT convo? Not GOAT PF, GOAT overall

You'll talk about Lebron being the GOAT even tho after Sunday he'll have one less championship then the guy who molded his game after THE GOAT. 4-10 in the NBA finals compared to Kobe's 5-2

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

You'll talk about Lebron being the GOAT even tho after Sunday he'll have one less championship then the guy who molded his game after THE GOAT. 4-10 in the NBA finals compared to Kobe's 5-2

Every title LeBron has won he’s been the best player on the team. Same with Jordan. Can’t say the same about Kobe.

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

Every title LeBron has won he’s been the best player on the team. Same with Jordan. Can’t say the same about Kobe.

He has a losing record in the NBA finals. Can't talk GOAT with that

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He has a losing record in the NBA finals. Can't talk GOAT with that

Losing to dynasties while at times having players like Delly and Boobie as his best secondary option. Gotta look into the details. It's a team game at the end of the day. Never had a prime Shaq.

1 minute ago, Jenkins27 said:

Losing to dynasties while at times having players like Delly and Boobie as his best secondary option. Gotta look into the details. It's a team game at the end of the day. Never had a prime Shaq.

Dallas was a dynasty? He had to go to a super team with DWade and Bosh to win his first 2

10 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Dallas was a dynasty? He had to go to a super team with DWade and Bosh to win his first 2

Dallas was the outlier, but like I said, every title he's won he was ALWAYS the best player on the team. Kobe wasn't. So let's not act like Kobe needed no help lol.

9 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Dallas was the outlier, but like I said, every title he's won he was ALWAYS the best player on the team. Kobe wasn't. So let's not act like Kobe needed no help lol.

I never said he didn't. He won 2 without Shaq. I also never called Kobe the GOAT because there is only one. If the decision never happened we are sitting here talking about lebron in the Malone, Stockton, Barkley convo 

27 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

I don't look at it as a bad thing that other really good players make great players better. I mean how many really good players were on the early 80's Lakers? Late 80's pistons? 83sixers?  Like if a person isn't good with less than stellar people surrounding him, that makes him any less than a man? How many black men are successful in the black community? Surroundings matter. 

18 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I never said he didn't. He won 2 without Shaq. I also never called Kobe the GOAT because there is only one. If the decision never happened we are sitting here talking about lebron in the Malone, Stockton, Barkley convo 

Not at all. You aren't taking market size into context then. Do you know how hard it is to bring people to Cleveland? LeBron is top two all time, no arguing that much.

5 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Not at all. You aren't taking market size into context then. Do you know how hard it is to bring people to Cleveland? LeBron is top two all time, no arguing that much.

Yes. I know it's tough for small market teams to win. I'll take Bill Russell. Probably Magic after him

7 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

I don't look at it as a bad thing that other really good players make great players better. I mean how many really good players were on the early 80's Lakers? Late 80's pistons? 83sixers?  Like if a person isn't good with less than stellar people surrounding him, that makes him any less than a man? How many black men are successful in the black community? Surroundings matter. 

If Lebron played in the 80s and 90s, he wouldn't be as good. NBA since early/ mid 2000s has gotten incredibly soft. It's soft asf now and a completely different game. All about the 3 ball now

7 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

I think that's the same reason philly over paid for some of it's current players. Philly isn't considered a chosen place. But it's also known that sports is not real. I Mean decisions and outcomes are not made on the court.

As a big Lakers fan, I hope they win Sunday. Could care less if Lebron never got another one after 

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

If Lebron played in the 80s and 90s, he wouldn't be as good. NBA since early/ mid 2000s has gotten incredibly soft. It's soft asf now and a completely different game. All about the 3 ball now

That is a bologna argument. James is 6'8 250 and he would have played in any era. Just because he flops around at times looking for calls that means nothing. That is the product of AAU basketball 

He so single handily beat the last physical team in the Pistons with Rasheed, Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Prince.

• Like 1

Tough day for Lakers fans. First, their Yankees lose and get knocked out, then the Lakers couldn't close it out.

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

Gotta be able to adapt to the era. A man with the size of Malone, athleticism of MJ, and IQ of Magic would dominate any era.

12 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

I think that's the same reason philly over paid for some of it's current players. Philly isn't considered a chosen place. But it's also known that sports is not real. I Mean decisions and outcomes are not made on the court.

Philly is still a bigger draw than Cleveland. We may never get another title again unless we get another hometown guy. It’s why I prefer the NFL over the NBA. Market size doesn’t matter as much.

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

Yes. I know it's tough for small market teams to win. I'll take Bill Russell. Probably Magic after him

Magic over LeBron? LeBron is basically Magic with 10 iOS updates lolol

44 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Philly is still a bigger draw than Cleveland. We may never get another title again unless we get another hometown guy. It’s why I prefer the NFL over the NBA. Market size doesn’t matter as much.

Magic over LeBron? LeBron is basically Magic with 10 iOS updates lolol

Give me Magic

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That is a bologna argument. James is 6'8 250 and he would have played in any era. Just because he flops around at times looking for calls that means nothing. That is the product of AAU basketball 

He so single handily beat the last physical team in the Pistons with Rasheed, Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Prince.

I don't think he would be as good. Guys back then could matchup better then these skinny turds nowadays

2 hours ago, TV Guy said:

Tough day for Lakers fans. First, their Yankees lose and get knocked out, then the Lakers couldn't close it out.

Idk anyone who's a Laker fan that roots for the Yankees. F the Yankees

They all needed help, this narrative that they are not great unless they win with nothing is ridiculous. Kobe's first 3 rings came with shaq but, shaq didn't win anything till Kobe grew up. Kobe didn't win shut until he had another great player with him in pau Gasul and he was not as dominate as shaq so kobe has been the best player on championship teams. Jordan was a stat stuffer until Phil Jackson taught him to be a team player just like he did with Kobe and a great running mate. Pippen and Gasul. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They all needed help, this narrative that they are not great unless they win with nothing is ridiculous. Kobe's first 3 rings came with shaq but, shaq didn't win anything till Kobe grew up. Kobe didn't win shut until he had another great player with him in pau Gasul and he was not as dominate as shaq so kobe has been the best player on championship teams. Jordan was a stat stuffer until Phil Jackson taught him to be a team player just like he did with Kobe and a great running mate. Pippen and Gasul. 

The entire argument is dumb anyway. Bill Russell won 11 titles, the end.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The entire argument is dumb anyway. Bill Russell won 11 titles, the end.

Just all stupid to me. I love kobe but, he needed help just like every damn legend. Kobe played and copied everything Jordon did and played with the same mentality. Lebron isn't even in that conversation because his game is completely different from those 2. Still a great player though that needed help. They all needed help. I just don't understand the well he had less help BS. They all need it period.