***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

59 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

It's easy to say Jordan would've taken a game-winning shot instead of passing it like LeBron does because he played in an era where double teams via zone as a form of defense was basically illegal. The iso game was so much more potent back then and basically catered to Jordan's skill set. I'm not faulting him and Phil for taking full advantage of the framework they played in, but it's something that often gets overlooked in these comparisons between Jordan and LeBron. LeBron, who's already putting up gaudy numbers, would've put up even better numbers back then in the same situation.

That's true, that's something no one thinks about including myself. Although the one game they were playing a 2-3 zone and I was thinking to myself damn I remember when they were not alowed to play zone defenses. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed on both. That raptors team was so damn versatile and played incredible defense. 

What about last year GS with no injuries.

8 hours ago, West_Philly said:

What about last year GS with no injuries.

Curry, Durant, Klay, Green team?  They would have won as well. Lakers perimeter D is one of the worst in the league and Heat would have been a less talented version of the Warriors. 

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

NBA Finals ratings plummet to 5.6M, lowest on record

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/520667-nba-finals-ratings-plummet-to-56m-lowest-on-record%3famp

Can’t say I’m surprised. 

Yea, it was (at least in the general publics mind) a foregone conclusion that the Lakers would win. This did not have the excitement or drama you would expect of say Lakers/Clippers or even Lakers/Boston

54 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

everyone knew the lakers were going to win. 

There were a lot of factors paying into this years and isn't strictly just the black lives matters stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What were hockey numbers? Or did we all forget that even happened 

I never know when hockey happens lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Serious question on ratings. 

with so many people "cutting the cord” and most likely watching game illegally, how does that factor in? 

I feel like it could be about the same amount of people watching but the numbers won’t show it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Serious question on ratings. 

with so many people "cutting the cord” and most likely watching game illegally, how does that factor in? 

I feel like it could be about the same amount of people watching but the numbers won’t show it. 

I don't think they have a way to count streaming yet, but could be wrong 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Did they say what happened?  All I heard was lower leg injury 

Achilles is the rumor. Should be getting imaging in SoCal this morning

Bet Warriors get a Top 5 pick in 2021 with an absolutely loaded draft. Somehow will end up with Cade Cunningham, watch