***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

The entire argument is dumb anyway. Bill Russell won 11 titles, the end.

He played with 7 Hall of Famers thru out his career and never had to win more than 14 games in the playoffs. At times he only had to win 10, played in an era of zero FA, and had Red as his coach. 

He isn't in the conversation even though he is Top 10

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just all stupid to me. I love kobe but, he needed help just like every damn legend. Kobe played and copied everything Jordon did and played with the same mentality. Lebron isn't even in that conversation because his game is completely different from those 2. Still a great player though that needed help. They all needed help. I just don't understand the well he had less help BS. They all need it period. 

Isn't in the conversation of Kobe and Jordan? 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He played with 7 Hall of Famers thru out his career and never had to win more than 14 games in the playoffs. At times he only had to win 10, played in an era of zero FA, and had Red as his coach. 

He isn't in the conversation even though he is Top 10

Isn't in the conversation of Kobe and Jordan? 

I meant in terms of playing style. As far as overall player yes absolutely one of the greatest of all time. I won't put a number out there because it's stupid. It's what ever you think 

Yeah, he plays differently aka drive it to the paint and try to stop me. He has just recently evolved his game to include more jumpers. 

I think Jordan is the GOAT still but I don't think any player in any sport has lived and exceeded the hype like James has. He has been absolutely incredible to watch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Yeah, he plays differently aka drive it to the paint and try to stop me. He has just recently evolved his game to include more jumpers. 

I think Jordan is the GOAT still but I don't think any player in any sport has lived and exceeded the hype like James has. He has been absolutely incredible to watch. 

LeBron's passing is incredible too, but also gets him trashed. Which is why he is getting the sheet he is getting right now for passing the ball to Danny Green instead of taking the shot that they say Jordan and Kobe would of taken. That's always been his game though he looks for the right play and that was the right play. Green just for some reason absolutely blows this series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

LeBron's passing is incredible too, but also gets him trashed. Which is why he is getting the sheet he is getting right now for passing the ball to Danny Green instead of taking the shot that they say Jordan and Kobe would of taken. That's always been his game though he looks for the right play and that was the right play. Green just for some reason absolutely blows this series. 

The great players know when to defer at the right time. Jordan made the pass to Kerr and Paxson. No sane person is going to trash LeBron for making the pass if it's the right one

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

The great players know when to defer at the right time. Jordan made the pass to Kerr and Paxson. No sane person is going to trash LeBron for making the pass if it's the right one

Agreed, some are though unfortunately

52 minutes ago, Mat said:

Only if they make it is it considered the right time 😞

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He has always made the correct basketball play instead of making the play people want to see from a superstar. At times, he gets criticized for it. But it’s usually always the correct basketball play.

• Like 2

lakers front office did absolutely nothing to win this championship except be located in los angeles where bron wanted to live. can't stand this era of the nba where superstars team up to form super teams. tbs said...bron & brow are a lethal combination.  brow might be the best player bron has ever teamed up with...and he's most certainly the ugliest. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

lakers front office did absolutely nothing to win this championship except be located in los angeles where bron wanted to live. can't stand this era of the nba where superstars team up to form super teams. tbs said...bron & brow are a lethal combination.  brow might be the best player bron has ever teamed up with...and he's most certainly the ugliest. 

He is beyond the best player. At times, AD looks like the best player in the world and others just a high lvl #2.

If AD can be more consistent they will win another and think next will be James's last year where his body starts to break down. The bubble really saved him these last few months 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

It’s why I prefer the NFL. My Cavs will never win a ring again in my lifetime unless we get another hometown kid. It’s just the way the NBA is. Superstars aren’t ever going to come team up in Cleveland.

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

They did dump their entire future for the next 4-5 years to get Anthony Davis for possibly 1 year with no guarantee they would win a championship.. so they did take a huge gamble just for maybe 1 championship. Looked like they screwed themselves after what clippers did. So no they didn't build a team but, they had to put the work in and lose a lot of assets and get the right role players just to make them contenders again. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They did dump their entire future for the next 4-5 years to get Anthony Davis for possibly 1 year with no guarantee they would win a championship.. so they did take a huge gamble just for maybe 1 championship. Looked like they screwed themselves after what clippers did. So no they didn't build a team but, they had to put the work in and lose a lot of assets and get the right role players just to make them contenders again. 

When you have two top players in the world basketball becomes a bit more easy for the role players. 

I am interested if basketball slowly shifts back to bigger lineups. Lakers got a title because of their size and ability to go get offensive rebounds for easy points 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

When you have two top players in the world basketball becomes a bit more easy for the role players. 

I am interested if basketball slowly shifts back to bigger lineups. Lakers got a title because of their size and ability to go get offensive rebounds for easy points 

Well yes obviously but, still not guaranteed. Everyone thought the clippers would be unstoppable and they never really came together and they had way better role players. 

That size only works if they can all play inside and outside and can actually get up and down the court. The lakers still had a hell of a time with smaller lineups which is why Howard and Mcgee hardly even played the whole playoffs except against the Nuggets with the joker who still gave them fits because of his ability to play inside and outside. Bam also gave them problems when he came back for the same reasons. The guards on those teams still ate them up on the perimeter. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well yes obviously but, still not guaranteed. Everyone thought the clippers would be unstoppable and they never really came together and they had way better role players. 

That size only works if they can all play inside and outside and can actually get up and down the court. The lakers still had a hell of a time with smaller lineups which is why Howard and Mcgee hardly even played the whole playoffs except against the Nuggets with the joker who still gave them fits because of his ability to play inside and outside. Bam also gave them problems when he came back for the same reasons. The guards on those teams still ate them up on the perimeter. 

Their perimeter D is miserable and think Goran might have made a difference. 

Also, Raptors team from last year beats both of these teams 

• Like 2

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Their perimeter D is miserable and think Goran might have made a difference. 

Also, Raptors team from last year beats both of these teams 

Agreed on both. That raptors team was so damn versatile and played incredible defense. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 9:50 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's easy to say Jordan would've taken a game-winning shot instead of passing it like LeBron does because he played in an era where double teams via zone as a form of defense was basically illegal. The iso game was so much more potent back then and basically catered to Jordan's skill set. I'm not faulting him and Phil for taking full advantage of the framework they played in, but it's something that often gets overlooked in these comparisons between Jordan and LeBron. LeBron, who's already putting up gaudy numbers, would've put up even better numbers back then in the same situation.

• Like 3