Reports: Jalen Hurts getting 1st team reps, Lurie pushing to see Hurts

D-Shiznit

We should just send Wentz to the Colts to where he will thrive.....that coach made him look like a super star. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

Wentz has A weak Seahawks D to face......he better do some damage 

Sadly, I don't see this offense or Wentz being able to take advantage. Our offense is the cure all for any bad defense. We can't score.

4 minutes ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

We should just send Wentz to the Colts to where he will thrive.....that coach made him look like a super star. 

Might be the best for Carson but would make us the laughing stock of the league in a year when hes making the playoffs every year and looking great and we are still having press conf with Dougs moronic comments and starting all over again when hes finally fired

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sadly, I don't see this offense or Wentz being able to take advantage. Our offense is the cure all for any bad defense. We can't score.

When he does play well the defense will give up over 30 points....Ravens and Steelers game. He better step it up, and Doug better run the ball and not run it 8 times in a row and not expect a tired Miles not to fumble......be smart.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Might be the best for Carson but would make us the laughing stock of the league in a year when hes making the playoffs every year and looking great and we are still having press conf with Dougs moronic comments and starting all over again when hes finally fired

Doug needs to get in his head......bench him if he keeps holding the ball too long and not playing smarter. Make him practice on his short throws all week etc, little things that matter most. Take a darn shot down field last week.....this team is a disgrace lol

3 minutes ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

When he does play well the defense will give up over 30 points....Ravens and Steelers game. He better step it up, and Doug better run the ball and not run it 8 times in a row and not expect a tired Miles not to fumble......be smart.

Whats sad is when Hurts does play, Doug will call a balanced run game, changing up the scheme and when Carson is in, Doug will go pass happy with the same old 3 route combo predictable play he loves so much. 

19 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Whats sad is when Hurts does play, Doug will call a balanced run game, changing up the scheme and when Carson is in, Doug will go pass happy with the same old 3 route combo predictable play he loves so much. 

Yep....exactly....like when Foles is in there.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Personally, I think if Doug is doing this against orders to help facilitate his firing, I would find it funny, and smart. Obviously Doug is not without his own issues, but it’s not like a benching isn’t justified. What would Lurie and Howie do? Publically try and defend themselves against him being sat down? They would not look good in the public eye IMO if they fired Doug and used that defense. 

doug rode the short bus so he might have realized his job is on the line finally.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

My prediction. Hurts will look good. Not great but good. People will go crazy and call for him to start which within a few weeks he will. Hurts and the offense will play good for 1 week then fall flat on their faces and back to the same struggles. 

Backups usually play well there first game or two cause teams dont really have any tape to go off. Once a game or two is in the books, it goes back to the same struggles and people then call for Dougs head yet again and figure out how we go back to Wentz once Doug is gone. 

Our offensive scheme sucks.  Our play design.  Greg Cosell of NFL films always talks about this when discussing the Eagles on Colan's show.  He says our scheme is designed for WRs to win 1 on 1 battles to get open.  No imagination, players in motion, stacking a side, creative route trees and rubs.  How often do you see a wide open Eagle's receiver in intermediate to longer routes?  Hardly ever.  This offense is improperly constructed.  Just a mess. Throw in Howie's horrible draft picks and you have a bad situation for any QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

Wentz for Rivers straight up trade.  Doubt Reich is dumb enough to do it, but if he is its a massive win for us.

Use Rivers as a stopgap until either Hurts is ready, or we find the next guy somewhere else.

2 hours ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

I have a different idea.  Why don’t we fire Doug and see if the Colts will be willing to make a trade for Frank Reich.

2 hours ago, vaff said:

I’ve never had a concussion, but I’ve been thinking this angle hasn’t been discussed enough all season. He hasn’t been the same since that happened.

It makes more sense than anything I’ve seen or heard.  I worked with a guy that had a pretty nasty concussion.  He was smart as hell, but it took him maybe 2-3 years to fully recover.  Maybe Carson bounces back with some more time?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

It makes more sense than anything I’ve seen or heard.  I worked with a guy that had a pretty nasty concussion.  He was smart as hell, but it took him maybe 2-3 years to fully recover.  Maybe Carson bounces back with some more time?

Sure does. I recently read somewhere - don't remember where - that there are 4 teams REALLY hoping that the Eagles trade/cut Wentz. The concussion/musical chairs O line/feeling like a target every time he doesn't hand off could be cumulative.

Doug is a puppet, and that's a shame, but he knew it when he got the job. It's ownership that is afraid of a real coach. They need to get over that fear, get a real coach and help him to succeed. You know- NORMAL things.

• Like 2

About F time. I hope once Wentz is finally benched all these people who so anxiously wanted to dismiss all but his diehard supporters as somehow 'not real fans' are prepared for the same treatment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Doug is a puppet, and that's a shame, but he knew it when he got the job. It's ownership that is afraid of a real coach. They need to get over that fear, get a real coach and help him to succeed. You know- NORMAL things.

That's my biggest concern. Lurie was never a perfect owner, but I always appreciated how he'd hire people to do jobs, and give them enough rope to succeed or hang themselves. No idea why he'd change. We don't need Jerry Jones light.

4 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Except that won’t happen cause he just isn’t that good. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Just because Howie paid Wentz a fortune does not mean that Wentz is in any shape to play football yet along win. Enough is enough. Wentz has been shell shocked and any healthy QB who can at least run for his life is better than comatose scarecrow with a 100 miles stare. I personally would like to see what Hurtz can do throwing the ball. Maybe then defenses will not zero on him running the ball so much, and he will be more effective running the ball.

Yes to everything you said.  But because DP hasnt shown the slighting sign of holding wentz accountable to date, this is at least a baby step in that direction.  

it also gives the impression that hurts might be progressing or they wouldnt be wasting 1st team practice reps on him in the middle of a season where the division is wide open.  

Dont get me wrong.  There is no silver lining here.  Our huge investment into wentz is looking more and more like a historic flop and draffing hurts is looking more and more like the FO had their doubts about when they invested that 2nd rnd pick on hurts.  

Benching wentz will hurt his trade value but playing him hurts the team and his trade value.  

its a nightmare and one that gets most gms and/of hc’s fired

• Thanks 1

Imagine if Hurts either starts or gets put into the game after Wentz gets benched, then he goes on and beats the Seahawks. The team that has owned us for as long as I can remember. 

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

AR was a real coach.  So was Chip(just not a good nfl coach).  Not sure where you are going with this bro

My opinion is that DP’s early success as a hc stunted his development. He thinks whatever he touches turns to gold and therefore isnt paying attention to detail and isnt disciplined enough.  Which happens.  And its unfortunate for us. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nipples said:

Imagine if Hurts either starts or gets put into the game after Wentz gets benched, then he goes on and beats the Seahawks. The team that has owned us for as long as I can remember. 

This seems appropriate here:

1 hour ago, nipples said:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kz! said:

We don't actually know that. Coming in to the NFL he has more pedigree than Wentz did. 

Great Doug gets fired and we still have Howie? That is sending the wrong message. Howie is a horrible GM! Hire someone from the Ravens or Steelers organization.