Reports: Jalen Hurts getting 1st team reps, Lurie pushing to see Hurts

D-Shiznit

Just now, wrestlevessel said:

Great Doug gets fired and we still have Howie? That is sending the wrong message. Howie is a horrible GM! Hire someone from the Ravens or Steelers organization. 

No doubt about that. Trouble is... Howie has those dodgy pics of Lurie on that wild weekend away! 😁

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

I am so sick of Howie Roseman. He has to go! He sucks. He is the problem. 

Correction, he is one of the problems. He may be the biggest problem but he isn't the only one. 

6 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Great Doug gets fired and we still have Howie? That is sending the wrong message. Howie is a horrible GM! Hire someone from the Ravens or Steelers organization. 

Or from Chiefs. They have too much talent on that team lol

Just now, nipples said:

We don’t know that with Hurts yet. 

Exactly! We really don't. He comes in to the NFL with more pedigree and having done more, at a higher level, in college than Wentz. 

45 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

We tried that with Joe douglas he is currently in charge of an 0-10 jets team. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We tried that with Joe douglas he is currently in charge of an 0-10 jets team. 

Douglas is trying to get Gase fired so he can build his own thing. They have tons of picks. See where the Jets are in 3 years.

Just now, wrestlevessel said:

Douglas is trying to get Gase fired so he can build his own thing. They have tons of picks. See where the Jets are in 3 years.

How exactly is Douglas trying to get Gase fired?

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

Douglas is there because of Gase. They are buddies dope

2 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Makes no sense. Douglas should just fire him then. Plus, Douglas had a big hand in our drafts for a couple years, with next to nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Makes no sense. Douglas should just fire him then. Plus, Douglas had a big hand in our drafts for a couple years, with next to nothing to show for it.

Plus what talent is Gase working with? I'm not saying Gase is good but the GM constructs the roster. I'm not even sure how Douglas could be trying to get the HC fired? Holding private meetings with the players telling them to lose? I think not. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Douglas and Gase are close. Gase is the one that wanted Douglas there. He doesn't know what he is talking about

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Plus what talent is Gase working with? I'm not saying Gase is good but the GM constructs the roster. I'm not even sure how Douglas could be trying to get the HC fired? Holding private meetings with the players telling them to lose? I think not. 

They actually had a lot of talent but, the players hate Gase because he is an a-hole like he was in miami and the players hated him there too

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The only thing I'll say in fairness to Douglas, is he has only been there for one draft, so much of the Jets makeup predates him.

That said of course, I don't see him turning things around there either.

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Douglas and Gase are close. Gase is the one that wanted Douglas there. He doesn't know what he is talking about

Right. He just likes throwing tantrums.

55 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

I am so sick of Howie Roseman. He has to go! He sucks. He is the problem. 

If they could just restrict him to contract negotiations with players someone else picks. Create a draft board from public ones. We'd be doing better than Howie's reaches.

3 minutes ago, macgregor said:

If they could just restrict him to contract negotiations with players someone else picks. Create a draft board from public ones. We'd be doing better than Howie's reaches.

Best to remove him entirely. We can't even give him the cap wizard designation anymore. He doesn't serve any useful purpose anymore.

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Best to remove him entirely. We can't even give him the cap wizard designation anymore. He doesn't serve any useful purpose anymore.

Agreed. It won't happen though, IMO. I have had enough of him and would not mind seeing a change. But, "we're fine there". LOL

Hurts needs game speed reps, so hopefully he will get some this game. Doug has given Carson enough time to play his way out of his slump, but he still stinks this season. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Exactly he was removed from the draft once and as soon as that failed they put him back in charge. He just needs to go entirely. 

I think Jeffrey and Howie are such good buds that Howie inadvertently acts as cover for Jeffrey's ideas. Maybe maybe not. But from what I hear Jeffrey is more upset about the team than it seems a lot of these failure-accepting fans are. Even with his flaws, Jeff Lurie is still the best thing to ever happen to the Eagles, and I'm 61. I'm not worried because come offseason I know changes will be made.

29 minutes ago, macgregor said:

I think Jeffrey and Howie are such good buds that Howie inadvertently acts as cover for Jeffrey's ideas. Maybe maybe not. But from what I hear Jeffrey is more upset about the team than it seems a lot of these failure-accepting fans are. Even with his flaws, Jeff Lurie is still the best thing to ever happen to the Eagles, and I'm 61. I'm not worried because come offseason I know changes will be made.

Howie is going to get a pass for this mess. He is going to come away unscathed. It's ridiculous but that's what is going to happen. 

8 hours ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

Wentz has A weak Seahawks D to face......he better do some damage 

How many weak defenses has Wentz faced this season? Has he owned any of them? The Seahawks legit have his number too. 

• Like 2

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

How many weak defenses has Wentz faced this season? Has he owned any of them? The Seahawks legit have his number too. 

Hard to argue. He was supposed to handle Dallas. Their D was awful, we were getting guys back. And that didn't go too well. 

I guess Doug finally got approval to at least give Hurts some chances to prove he belongs. I’m gonna be irked if Hurts leads this team down for a scoring drive and they bring in Wentz the next series. Actually I feel the same way if the roles were reversed.