Reports: Jalen Hurts getting 1st team reps, Lurie pushing to see Hurts

D-Shiznit

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hard to argue. He was supposed to handle Dallas. Their D was awful, we were getting guys back. And that didn't go too well. 

He had the Browns defense without their best player and looked lost. I don’t know what’s going on with him, but he needs a wake up call. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess Doug finally got approval to at least give Hurts some chances to prove he belongs. I’m gonna be irked if Hurts leads this team down for a scoring drive and they bring in Wentz the next series. Actually I feel the same way if the roles were reversed. 

Or its mind games with everyone...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He looks broken. Maybe the drafting of Hurts was too much for him to handle. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If drafting Hurts was too much for him to handle, then he never had the mental makeup to be a franchise QB to begin with. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

If drafting Hurts was too much for him to handle, then he never had the mental makeup to be a franchise QB to begin with. 

You will get no argument from me on this. Still it has to mentally hurt to see Foles come in and basically steal your thunder in back to back seasons and for them to draft a quarterback in the second round only one year after his departure. 

Weird half measure in a season full of the them. So if Hurts scores on his first full drive, you taking him off the field? If Wentz funds a rhythm for once, you pulling him?

8 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Yes to everything you said.  But because DP hasnt shown the slighting sign of holding wentz accountable to date, this is at least a baby step in that direction.  

it also gives the impression that hurts might be progressing or they wouldnt be wasting 1st team practice reps on him in the middle of a season where the division is wide open.  

Dont get me wrong.  There is no silver lining here.  Our huge investment into wentz is looking more and more like a historic flop and draffing hurts is looking more and more like the FO had their doubts about when they invested that 2nd rnd pick on hurts.  

Benching wentz will hurt his trade value but playing him hurts the team and his trade value.  

its a nightmare and one that gets most gms and/of hc’s fired

Let's hope and pray this is the case. Getting rid of Howie and DP at this time ...is monumental.

Yes to everything you said.  But because DP hasnt shown the slighting sign of holding wentz accountable to date, this is at least a baby step in that direction.  

it also gives the impression that hurts might be progressing or they wouldnt be wasting 1st team practice reps on him in the middle of a season where the division is wide open.  

Dont get me wrong.  There is no silver lining here.  Our huge investment into wentz is looking more and more like a historic flop and draffing hurts is looking more and more like the FO had their doubts about when they invested that 2nd rnd pick on hurts.  

Benching wentz will hurt his trade value but playing him hurts the team and his trade value.  

Let's hope and pray this is the case. Getting rid of Howie and DP at this time ...is monumental.

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe it was. In some ways you couldn't really blame him if it was. He just gets past the Foles stuff and then they draft Hurts.

• Like 1

This is terrible on so many levels. I am assuming that Hurts will not be starting and not be talking majority of snaps. So now you ware taking reps from the starting QB when will start and get majority of the snaps when he know he needs all the snaps he can get. 

Either name Hurts the starter or keep Wentz as starter taking 1st team reps in practice or you will be hurting (no pun intended) both QBs and the offensive chemistry

20 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

This is terrible on so many levels. I am assuming that Hurts will not be starting and not be talking majority of snaps. So now you ware taking reps from the starting QB when will start and get majority of the snaps when he know he needs all the snaps he can get. 

Meh Wentz has had first team snaps all year and has been poor. I'm not sure it's going to have too much of an impact on him. It may give him a sharp kick up the backside though which is what he needs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Meh Wentz has had first team snaps all year and has been poor. I'm not sure it's going to have too much of an impact on him. It may give him a sharp kick up the backside though which is what he needs. 

Agreed but how can hurts have a fair look if he can't get all the 1st team practice reps. My thing is they need to be decisive to put whichever qb in best position

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well it will backfire if they do all this posturing, Wentz still looks lost, and Hurts doesn’t enter the game for a series or more. 

11 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Agreed but how can hurts have a fair look if he can't get all the 1st team practice reps. My thing is they need to be decisive to put whichever qb in best position

Well yeah that's very true. They should have made the decision to bench Wentz for this game. Failing that they should be prepared to do it for the next game after Seattle. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well it will backfire if they do all this posturing, Wentz still looks lost, and Hurts doesn’t enter the game for a series or more. 

Agreed. They should have the conviction to make the big decision. 

13 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

I can only pray for: "one that gets most gms and hcs fired"

23 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

I've had four diagnosed concussions, including one in a major rollover accident and another where a clock 20 feet high in a middle school gymnasium was knocked off the wall and hit me in the head. I probably should have been dead from those two incidents alone.

My vision suffered for it. My memory sucks. I cannot remember my wife's favorite candy. Or what color tie I wore in our wedding without the aid of pictures. Or relatives' birthdates.

I'll be 30 in February.

Concussions have real consequences and, though the NFL didn't think so, the one he took last year by Clowney was dirty and extremely damaging.

I'm telling you guys, he literally isn't processing the game as fast as an NFL QB needs to. A lot of his big plays this year up the sidelines were decided without even reading. They were just chucked and good timing let it work out.

He cannot see the field and it's been such a dramatic change because of the concussion.

Although I sympathize with you with your concussion and couldn't imagine having to go through that with the after effects, I just completely disagree that the hit was dirty. Unfortunate, yes, but the man was trying to tackle him and go there a little late. In my honest opinion, there was nothing dirty about it. Football is a physical sport and its a part of the game. I played flag football in the Navy and I remember one time this guy was about twice my size and literally ran me over (he didn't see me behind him) ....he came to my barracks room later to apologize but I told him it wasn't a big deal, I was fine. I think he thought he caused some real damage because of the disparity in our sizes but I said all of that to say...when you play this sport, things happen with it being such a physical game. I didn't think it was a dirty hit in real time and even today, watching it in slow motion, it still wasn't. You can honestly say that a person playing football would willingly choose the possibility of getting concussed himself with the INTENTION of using his head to tackle someone????

It never made sense to me....and it still doesn't. I hope you get some relief for your symptoms, sir.....

48 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Although I sympathize with you with your concussion and couldn't imagine having to go through that with the after effects, I just completely disagree that the hit was dirty. Unfortunate, yes, but the man was trying to tackle him and go there a little late. In my honest opinion, there was nothing dirty about it. Football is a physical sport and its a part of the game. I played flag football in the Navy and I remember one time this guy was about twice my size and literally ran me over (he didn't see me behind him) ....he came to my barracks room later to apologize but I told him it wasn't a big deal, I was fine. I think he thought he caused some real damage because of the disparity in our sizes but I said all of that to say...when you play this sport, things happen with it being such a physical game. I didn't think it was a dirty hit in real time and even today, watching it in slow motion, it still wasn't. You can honestly say that a person playing football would willingly choose the possibility of getting concussed himself with the INTENTION of using his head to tackle someone????

It never made sense to me....and it still doesn't. I hope you get some relief for your symptoms, sir.....

Seriously you think this was just your typical attempt to tackle someone?

1 minute ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Seriously you think this was just your typical attempt to tackle someone?

I do, actually.....I seriously doubt that anyone in the league intends to use their own head to tackle somebody. I think its just the way he fell on him that makes it look worse than it is....I have seen a whole lot worse in the NFL that has not gotten called.....

21 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I do, actually.....I seriously doubt that anyone in the league intends to use their own head to tackle somebody. I think its just the way he fell on him that makes it look worse than it is....I have seen a whole lot worse in the NFL that has not gotten called.....

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this hit. I agree that there has been worse not called but that has more to do with the NFL's stance on safety being a complete joke than anything.

1 minute ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this hit. I agree that there has been worse not called but that has more to do with the NFL's stance on safety being a complete joke than anything.

I agree with that also, it being a complete joke. I remember Vick getting hit all kinds of ways because he refused to slide.....

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maybe it was. In some ways you couldn't really blame him if it was. He just gets past the Foles stuff and then they draft Hurts.

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You will get no argument from me on this. Still it has to mentally hurt to see Foles come in and basically steal your thunder in back to back seasons and for them to draft a quarterback in the second round only one year after his departure. 

I do have sympathy with Wentz. Both the Foles and Hurts thing must have been tough and regardless of the fact that he's got a huge contract and is a professional sportsman, he can still have hurt feelings and professional pride.

But the way he's responded to these challenges has been really poor. The Pats drafted Brady's intended replacement a couple of times and he just kept on playing well and forcing the Pats to trade him. Rodgers had to watch as they passed on giving him a legitimate number 2 WR and instead took his replacement and has responded with one of the best years of his career.

Wentz hasn't had it easy. The injuries and O-Line have been bad around him. But it's clear he's making really bad decisions and missing passes he should be making. We are paying him to be a top 5 QB and he isn't  playing close to that level. 

• Like 2

Hopefully. Hurts gets to play a little more tonight and is actually good (so we didn't waste yet another pick).  Team really needs a jolt of energy and excitement at this point.  When you watch some other teams, you can see the difference a mobile QB can make.  Wilson is a good example.  And Kyler is lighting it up too.

Also, can we just recognize that IF Hurts plays, he is bringing nothing to the table that the Seahawks aren't ready for. They practice against Russell Wilson every day... Its not like we are unleashing an athletic QB wrinkle on a team like the bears.

20 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

AR was a real coach.  So was Chip(just not a good nfl coach).  Not sure where you are going with this bro

My opinion is that DP’s early success as a hc stunted his development. He thinks whatever he touches turns to gold and therefore isnt paying attention to detail and isnt disciplined enough.  Which happens.  And its unfortunate for us. 

You don't know where I am going with it? Seems obvious to me. I said he was a puppet. Ask the obvious questions. Who would he be a puppet to? Why would they hire a puppet? Then look at the mess the org is right now. It's real and it's obvious. If you think they wanted a real coach, who would want some control when they hired Doug, that's a mistake. The FO wanted, and has- control. You now see the results.

16 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You don't know where I am going with it? Seems obvious to me. I said he was a puppet. Ask the obvious questions. Who would he be a puppet to? Why would they hire a puppet? Then look at the mess the org is right now. It's real and it's obvious. If you think they wanted a real coach, who would want some control when they hired Doug, that's a mistake. The FO wanted, and has- control. You now see the results.

Lurie has never been the type to micro manage so no im not getting this hot take.   

at the end of the day, if you dont work for yourself, your a puppet of sorts.  In other words... there are 32 puppet masters in the league.