Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what now armchair GMs? Tank for Trevor or give Hurts a full offseason to compete with Wentz?

Doesn’t matter who’s the QB if the Oline can’t block, the WR’s can’t get open, the coaches can’t coach and the GM can’t identify talent. 

Y'all need to be careful what you wish for. If Hurts and Reagor look too good, it'll save Howie's job, and maybe Doug's, and I know a lot of you would rather lose than see that happen. 

😂

Happy to see Hurts look decent.  But still a Wentz believer ... he just needs time to get his head right.  Anyway, point is, I think we’ll be OK at QB either way moving forward.  

Hope Hurts starts next weekend.

Put Hurts in next week. Let him deal with the crap Wentz has had to deal with

F it 🤷‍♂️

Wentz is still the QB because of the contract no matter what a lot of you want

Wentz either fixes his stuff for next season or this franchised ruined a QB

Jalen Hurts is nowhere near as good as 2017 Carson Wentz.

Jalen Hurts is a much better player than 2020 Carson Wentz.

2017 Wentz doesn't exist anymore.

Made a few throws but overall not very impressive. But no surprise there. No way they can get Trevor Lawrence. He’s going to the Jets.

Wentz needs a break. Hurts needs to start the next game. See how it goes from there.

With our oline we need a QB who looks to run first or atleast use their legs to get to open space hurts did that for the most part... when protection started to break down for wentz he was bobbing and waving around the backfield not moving upfield.

Let's cool it a bit. Green Bay was up what, three scores? We've seen QBs come in when they haven't been game planned for and look decent (SF game this season). 

That said if Fulgham didnt blow and we don't get called on a BS holding penalty we might be having a different conversation.

All in all, not bad.

Id love to Hurts play, reason why is it will confirm the QB is not the major problem, its the coaching. 

My prediction is Hurts will have a decent game his first start. Most first time QBs/backups do well since there is no real tape on them. Wont be a great game but a decent game.

But then it goes back to reality. I liked 3 throws out of his 5 completions. But you saw struggles with him finding players open like Wentz and had to take off with his legs. 5 completed passes out of 18/19 pass plays called. His benefit is his legs. He has more of chance at a bigger gain on the ground when He cant find a rec and the pocket breaks down. But like the Ravens and Jackson, teams will get tape and figure a way to stop it. 

from a front office perspective I don’t know what you can do.  

trade wentz and take the hit?

If you go with hurts the rest of the season you can’t just calmly go back to wentz if you bench him for rest of the season he is done in philly.  If that is the case you can’t have wentz and his contract on the bench for 2 years while hurts develops that isn’t fair to hurts or the team. 

so if the decision is to go with hurts for the rest of the season then you have to move wentz but how can you and take the 59 mil dollar cap hit. 

Spadaro trashing Wentz hyping Hurts and talking about the decision they have to make this offseason.

The narrative has been packaged and delivered. 

At this point, I don't care. The discussion should always start with firing Howie.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Spadaro trashing Wentz hyping Hurts and talking about the decision they have to make this offseason.

they going to take the 59 mil dollar cap hit if they trade him as well as cutting another 60 mil they are over the cap?

Just now, phil77 said:

they going to take the 59 mil dollar cap hit if they trade him as well as cutting another 60 mil they are over the cap?

It's a sunk cost at this point, just gotta eat it.

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I noticed that too lol

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's a sunk cost at this point, just gotta eat it.

This ain't Madden. Are you high?

Archived