Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

42 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

They are going to learn next week that Wentz is not the problem. I've said it's the line all year. 

I can agree with this and hurts seemed to navigate the pocket better than Wentz and hurts also hasn't been sacked 50 times either so...

I don't get the calls to tank for Lawrence either tom brady , Joe montana could be back there and it wouldn't matter, if the o line cant block and the receivers don't get open the qb is going to look like garbage, having said that hurts looked less garbage than Wentz though like I said I think part of that could be he hasn't been sacked 50 times yet.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Where did he say he was MVP? He said he was having an MVP season, which he was until he was hurt. And true he has never played in a Championship while Hurts has. Well one half anyway. Until he got his butt benched at halftime for sucking so bad. 

I don’t think I was posting to you here bud. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think I was posting to you here bud. 

I don't think I care bud. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I don't think I care bud. 

So why are you replying to me when I didn’t accuse you of anything? 😂

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So why are you replying to me when I didn’t accuse you of anything? 😂

It's called coming to the defense of another. We have to stick together against you idiotic Wentz haters. Enjoy watching the boy wonder get chewed up and spit out next week!

Unfortunately, starting Hurts these last few games might be the right thing to do, even if he struggles. We need to know what we could potentially have in our 2020 2nd round pick. 

2020 Wentz is not the answer and I agree with the earlier poster that it's safe to say that 2017 Wentz is not coming back. Too much has transpired since then that Wentz is unable to overcome (Season ending injuries, Foles winning the Super Bowl, and the Eagles drafting Hurts in Round 2). He needs a change of scenery to reach his maximum potential, and that may still not be what it used to be.

Hurts might not be the answer either, but if he plays well enough, the team may not have to worry about drafting a QB in 2021

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

It's called coming to the defense of another. We have to stick together against you idiotic Wentz haters. Enjoy watching the boy wonder get chewed up and spit out next week!

So just to be clear you’re looking forward to Hurts struggling next week, because you’re so on Wentz nuts? For all this talk about us being Wentz haters I’ve never once saw anyone say they want him to struggle. You are clearly not an Eagles fan. 

Just now, eaglesfan0075 said:

Unfortunately, starting Hurts these last few games might be the right thing to do, even if he struggles. We need to know what we could potentially have in our 2020 2nd round pick. 

2020 Wentz is not the answer and I agree with the earlier poster that it's safe to say that 2017 Wentz is not coming back. Too much has transpired since then that Wentz is unable to overcome (Season ending injuries, Foles winning the Super Bowl, and the Eagles drafting Hurts in Round 2). He needs a change of scenery to reach his maximum potential, and that may still not be what it used to be.

Hurts might not be the answer either, but if he plays well enough, the team may not have to worry about drafting a QB in 2021

It’s about the future now. If Hurts isn’t the guy it’s better to find out now. If he is then it’s one less issue to worry about for 2021. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s about the future now. If Hurts isn’t the guy it’s better to find out now. If he is then it’s one less issue to worry about for 2021. 

I'm not even expecting Hurts to be amazing, but if he can show enough flashes as a rookie, despite the rookie mistakes (botched snap fumble, INTs into coverage) with some impact plays (TD on 4th and 17, runs for 1st down, etc...) it's worth a shot.

As long as he doesn't become Nate Peterman and throws 4 INT in one game or something, I'm fine waiting until 2022 to consider drafting a QB.

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So just to be clear you’re looking forward to Hurts struggling next week, because you’re so on Wentz nuts? For all this talk about us being Wentz haters I’ve never once saw anyone say they want him to struggle. You are clearly not an Eagles fan. 

You don't get to decide that there bud. I stuck with this team when they had a dog torturer/murderer for a QB. You can have a team and not agree with all the decisions. What I'm looking forward to since we aren't winning that game anyway is seeing all you Wentz haters try to come up with a new scapegoat when we still suck. Should be interesting. Perhaps you will still blame wentz for the way he sits on the bench? And please. Some of you are downright giddy that Wentz is struggling. So don't give me that holier than thou garbage. I'm going to give Hurts the same treatment Carson gets. 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:28 PM, Uscg-green said:

You don't get to decide that there bud. I stuck with this team when they had a dog torturer/murderer for a QB. You can have a team and not agree with all the decisions. What I'm looking forward to since we aren't winning that game anyway is seeing all you Wentz haters try to come up with a new scapegoat when we still suck. Should be interesting. Perhaps you will still blame wentz for the way he sits on the bench?

You’re looking forward to watching a kid play poorly for no reason other than your obsession over Wentz. I’m not deciding that you aren’t an Eagles fan. You are with this pathetic stance of yours.

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I'm not even expecting Hurts to be amazing, but if he can show enough flashes as a rookie, despite the rookie mistakes (botched snap fumble, INTs into coverage) with some impact plays (TD on 4th and 17, runs for 1st down, etc...) it's worth a shot.

As long as he doesn't become Nate Peterman and throws 4 INT in one game or something, I'm fine waiting until 2022 to consider drafting a QB.

Well if he does have 4 turnovers it won’t take him much off the pace of what we have been watching all season. I don’t expect him to be perfect. I expect him to play like a rookie. My expectations are much lower for him than they are for Wentz. Apparently for some they’re the opposite around here. 

Jalen Hurts isn’t NFL ready. The only reason he had any success today was because the Packers didn’t know what to expect with him going into he game. Think back to the COUNTLESS examples of an NFL backup coming into a game , playing great, being named starter, and then coming back down to earth over the next game or two when defenses got some tape on him... it literally happens all the time.

Truth is, he really shouldn’t be on our team. The only reason they selected him is that the FO and coaching staff WAY overestimated the talent level of this team and thought of it as a quirky, luxury pick. I’m sure they wish they had addressed other areas of the roster now. 

Our situation at QB couldn’t be much worse... it seems like it’s almost 50/50 on keeping Wentz or moving on. 

I still maintain that the injuries this season would be pretty much insurmountable for just about any QB that’s ever played the game. Let’s not forget that there was a point this season where we were down starting left tackle, starting right tackle, backup tackle, starting guard, starting RB, starting TE, backup TE, and our top 3 starting wideouts... I honestly cannot remember a season with the number of injuries that we’ve had. Can anyone else? I can only speak for myself, but it’s got to be hard to play with new people every week. You can’t develop any kind of rapport. 

However, even considering the ridiculous amount of injuries, seeing how poorly Wentz is playing is not helping. Even when the receivers get open, he overthrows or under throws them... his accuracy is completely off. His pocket awareness also seems to be off. Even when he was having a "bad” game in prior years, he would still make 2-3 absolutely mind-blowing plays where he placed the ball in the absolute 100% perfect spot for the receiver to catch it. .. and that just isn’t happening anymore. 

Now we officially have a QB controversy and while this season is pretty much a waste considering how we are playing and our pathetic record, we still have a shot at the postseason. Granted, it’s legitimated by how sh!tty the entire NFC east is playing, but we still could make the playoffs. So, there's still a desire to try to fight our way through. .. and whether we all want to admit it or not, Wentz is prolly the guy to start at QB to give us that chance. 

If we start Hurts next week with the Saints coming to town with their #1 ranked defense and Brees rumored to return to action, I’m guessing Hurts gets rocked and Wentz comes back before the game is over. I could be wrong, but it just seems like the way things would pan out for this team. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re looking forward to watching a kid play poorly for no reason other than you’re obsession over Wentz. I’m not deciding that you aren’t an Eagles fan. You are with this pathetic stance of yours.

Take your holier than thou garbage somewhere else. You have been lording it over everyone whenever Wentz had a bad play. Pathetic. YOU are not an Eagles fan. I'm also not hoping Hurts will suck. He will suck. You know how I know that? because unlike you I've actually had the misfortune to have him QB a team I follow. I've watched him. Have you?

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

My expectations are much lower for him than they are for Wentz. Apparently for some they’re the opposite around here

No no. You have stated Wentz is the problem. Let's find out shall we? Who you gonna blame next there bud? But Jalen can suck and that's ok with you? Hypocrite lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mr-Bueno said:

Jalen Hurts isn’t NFL ready. The only reason he had any success today was because the Packers didn’t know what to expect with him going into he game. Think back to the COUNTLESS examples of an NFL backup coming into a game , playing great, being named starter, and then coming back down to earth over the next game or two when defenses got some tape on him... it literally happens all the time.

Truth is, he really shouldn’t be on our team. The only reason they selected him is that the FO and coaching staff WAY overestimated the talent level of this team and thought of it as a quirky, luxury pick. I’m sure they wish they had addressed other areas of the roster now. 

Our situation at QB couldn’t be much worse... it seems like it’s almost 50/50 on keeping Wentz or moving on. 

I still maintain that the injuries this season would be pretty much insurmountable for just about any QB that’s ever played the game. Let’s not forget that there was a point this season where we were down starting left tackle, starting right tackle, backup tackle, starting guard, starting RB, starting TE, backup TE, and our top 3 starting wideouts... I honestly cannot remember a season with the number of injuries that we’ve had. Can anyone else? I can kinky speak for myself, but it’s got to be hard to play with new people every week. You can’t develop any kind of rapport. 

However, even considering the ridiculous amount of injuries, seeing how poorly Wentz is playing is not helping. Even when the receivers get open, he overthrows or under throws them... his accuracy is completely off. His pocket awareness also seems to be off. Even when he was having a "bad” game in prior years, he would still make 2-3 absolutely mind-blowing plays where he placed the ball in the absolute 100% perfect spot for the receiver to catch it. .. and that just isn’t happening anymore. 

Now we officially have a QB controversy and while this season is pretty much a waste considering how we are playing and our pathetic record, we still have a shot at the postseason. Granted, it’s legitimated by how sh!tty the entire NFC east is playing, but we still could make the playoffs. So, there's still a desire to try to fight our way through. .. and whether we all want to admit it or not, Wentz is prolly the guy to start at QB to give us that chance. 

If we start Hurts next week with the Saints coming to town with their #1 ranked defense and Brees rumored to return to action, I’m guessing Hurts gets rocked and Wentz comes back before the game is over. I could be wrong, but it just seems like the way things would pan out for this team. 

The last time Wentz played the Saints he got 7 points. Lest stop acting like he would be a big difference maker here, because he hasn’t been all season. I don’t know what the Eagles will do (though I also did not like the pick of Hurts) regarding who will start, but starting Wentz here or playing Wentz over Hurts and failing to see what they have in him is almost a waste at this point. They have 4 games to figure out of this kid can play or not. That is much more important to find out than coaxing Carson’s ego. 

I can’t think Doug is crazy about tossing Hurts to the wolves next week. Saints are playing the best D in football right now. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

No no. You have stated Wentz is the problem. Let's find out shall we? Who you gonna blame next there bud? But Jalen can suck and that's ok with you? Hypocrite lol. 

😂 Carson is part of the problem. I sorry you don’t see it though. Out of curiosity what happens if Hurts plays well? I surely hope that won’t break your man crush on the ginger Jesus. It would truly break my heart. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

😂 Carson is part of the problem. I sorry you don’t see it though. Out of curiosity what happens if Hurts plays well? I surely hope that won’t break your man crush on the ginger Jesus. It would truly break my heart. 

So since the problem is gone we should light it up next week. Let's find out shall we?

1 minute ago, Diddy1111 said:

I can’t think Doug is crazy about tossing Hurts to the wolves next week. Saints are playing the best D in football right now. 

So would it be better to throw a struggling Wentz out there? What happens if he struggles some more? He’s teetering on complete meltdown as it is. If he goes out there and play like he’s been playing it could be far worse. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

So since the problem is gone we should light it up next week. Let's find out shall we?

Wentz has stunk against the likes of Dallas, the Giants, the Bengals, and even the Seahawks secondary, but if Hurts plays bad in his first start against one of the best defenses in football you feel justified? Okay bud. 😂🤣😂

Man if Hurts does start and does well you might break. 😂

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz has stunk against the likes of Dallas, the Giants, the Bengals, and even the Seahawks secondary, but if Hurts plays bad in his first start against one of the best defenses in football you feel justified? Okay bud. 😂🤣😂

Nice deflecting. You think Wentz is the problem. We can certainly find that out next week. Same horrible Oline so I think you are in for a huge wake up call. 

Some of you people clearly drink way too much during the game and then come to post. 

It's been obvious since the old message board and continues to ruin this one. 

You know who you are. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Nice deflecting. You think Wentz is the problem. We can certainly find that out next week. 

Nobody is deflecting. You just are so blinding by you love for Wentz you’re acting like a crazy person. First off no one has ever said Wentz was the ONLY problem, but he absolutely unequivocally is part of the problem. Hey if you need Hurts to struggle in his first game as a starter for you to feel justified that Wentz is just fine then go right on ahead bud. I don’t think you can handle it if it doesn’t go the way you really really want it to though.

Archived