Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Spadaro trashing Wentz hyping Hurts and talking about the decision they have to make this offseason.

The narrative has been packaged and delivered. 

Coupled with reports that Lurie wants Hurts, it all adds up. Cap hit or no cap hit, when the owner wants you out. It's over.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Wentz needs a break. Hurts needs to start the next game. See how it goes from there.

I agree that Wentz needs a break. Weird to say, but it would be an ideal time for him to have some minor insignificant injury that keeps him out for a couple games. Then he wouldn’t have to be "benched”.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

I agree that Wentz needs a break. Weird to say, but it would be an ideal time for him to have some minor insignificant injury that keeps him out for a couple games. Then he wouldn’t have to be "benched”.

F that, his play has earned being "benched". He needs to be held accountable.

19 minutes ago, phil77 said:

from a front office perspective I don’t know what you can do.  

trade wentz and take the hit?

If you go with hurts the rest of the season you can’t just calmly go back to wentz if you bench him for rest of the season he is done in philly.  If that is the case you can’t have wentz and his contract on the bench for 2 years while hurts develops that isn’t fair to hurts or the team. 

so if the decision is to go with hurts for the rest of the season then you have to move wentz but how can you and take the 59 mil dollar cap hit. 

Keep wentz and see what we got with new coaching. Doug absolutely needs to go just to see if Carson can be salvaged.

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I noticed that too lol

This ain't Madden. Are you high?

right, like when the bears traded for the 100 milion dollar qb in foles and started mitch, money means nothing.

32 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Wentz needs a break. Hurts needs to start the next game. See how it goes from there.

At this point I would give Went the remainder of the season, maybe the benching wakes him up, if not, oh well, we need losses anyway.

In training camp, make it an open competition, whoever performs better gets the job. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Dennis Allen hopes that as well.

Not for nothing, but the last time your Ginger Jesus played the Saints he scored 7 points. Stop acting like him being out there is so much better. 🙄

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

They need to give him the rest of the year to see if he can play or not. 

I think so also but if you do that Doug can’t go back to Wentz even next year. So if that is the decision at Hurts isn’t the answer then at the end of year Wentz or Doug must go. Howie will have to trade Wentz and eat the cap hit

5 minutes ago, phil77 said:

I think so also but if you do that Doug can’t go back to Wentz even next year. So if that is the decision at Hurts isn’t the answer then at the end of year Wentz or Doug must go. Howie will have to trade Wentz and eat the cap hit

Sure he could. Open competition. May the best man win. Carson deserves to be benched.

So when Hurts gets absolutely destroyed next week who will the Wentz haters blame? If it's not the QB then maybe just maybe it's the crap around the QB responsible?

Sure he could. Open competition. May the best man win. Carson deserves to be benched.

You can’t have wentz and his contract on the bench next season 

39 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Tank for Trevor Lawrence.

Or opt for the Trask kid. With the right coaches, he can be anyone’s franchise. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Cause that's what you want. A disgruntled 35 mil a year player. Super Bowl!

I don't care about the money. I want the player that gives us the best chance....

Stop letting your purchase of an "11" jersey a couple years back affect your decision making.

4 minutes ago, phil77 said:

You can’t have wentz and his contract on the bench next season 

That’s when you move him.

That’s when you move him.

But if he "sucks" then surely no one wants him right?

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Cause that's what you want. A disgruntled 35 mil a year player. Super Bowl!

Nobody cares about his pay or that he's disgruntled. Last time I checked they won a Super Bowl with him sitting on the sidelines before so.....

3 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

don't care about the money.

Money matters in a salary cap league. You can't be good with 35 million sitting on the bench. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody cares about his pay

You should in a salary cap league. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody cares about his pay or that he's disgruntled. Last time I checked they won a Super Bowl with him sitting on the sidelines before so.....

I care about his pay when trying to build a team

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

But if he "sucks" then surely no one wants him right?

There's always a sucker out there. The Vikings were dumb enough to give a first for that bum Sleeves so anything is possible. 

Archived