Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

41 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I can agree with this and hurts seemed to navigate the pocket better than Wentz and hurts also hasn't been sacked 50 times either so...

I don't get the calls to tank for Lawrence either tom brady , Joe montana could be back there and it wouldn't matter, if the o line cant block and the receivers don't get open the qb is going to look like garbage, having said that hurts looked less garbage than Wentz though like I said I think part of that could be he hasn't been sacked 50 times yet.

What % of those 50 are Wentz fault for not getting rid of the ball?

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say start Wentz against the Saints for a half to secure the draft pick and further expose the washers, then play  Hurts after the half again so we can evaluate him.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

What % of those 50 are Wentz fault for not getting rid of the ball?

I think last weeks game they said 40 of his sacks were after 4 seconds or more. Take from that what you wish. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The last time Wentz played the Saints he got 7 points. Lest stop acting like he would be a big difference maker here, because he hasn’t been all season. I don’t know what the Eagles will do (though I also did not like the pick of Hurts) regarding who will start, but starting Wentz here or playing Wentz over Hurts and failing to see what they have in him is almost a waste at this point. They have 4 games to figure out of this kid can play or not. That is much more important to find out than coaxing Carson’s ego. 

It's never just about 1 guy. If you aren't putting the best players out there, you may not be able to evaluate other players properly. In other words, if you have a QB playing a limited version of your offense, you'll only be able to evaluate the WRs on the limited area. I'm not saying this is the case here, but I'm pretty confident Wentz has a better grasp of the offense. He's not having a great year, however. I think if you give Wentz a top ten O-line, he'll play like a top 10 QB. But we can see what happens when he plays behind the NFL's worst O-line (this season). He's been taken out. 

While I am curious to find out what kind of a player Hurts is, I think today's move was a huge mistake that means 1 of either Hurts, Wentz, or Pederson has to go after this season. Once you bench a franchise QB, that option will always be on the table until one of the involved pieces is gone from the team. I think Pederson lost half the team today. This guy is totally caving in under media pressure. What a mess ...

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nobody is deflecting. You just are so blinding by you love for Wentz you’re acting like a crazy person. First off no one has ever said Wentz was the ONLY problem, but he absolutely unequivocally is part of the problem. Hey if you need Hurts to struggle in his first game as a starter for you to feel justified that Wentz is just fine then go right on ahead bud. I don’t think you can handle it if it doesn’t go the way you really really want it to though.

No I'm not blinded by Wentz hate to see that a QB, even a good one requires some help. Someone that knows how to do this thing called blocking for one. I've seen both Hurts and Wentz play, I prefer Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think last weeks game they said 40 of his sacks were after 4 seconds or more. Take from that what you wish. 

Some of the sacks are certainly the fault of the QB, but when you virtually never have a pocket to step up in and have to duck and spin constantly to find time, those 4 seconds mean nothing. Four seconds of running for his life ...

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It's never just about 1 guy. If you aren't putting the best players out there, you may not be able to evaluate other players properly. In other words, if you have a QB playing a limited version of your offense, you'll only be able to evaluate the WRs on the limited area. I'm not saying this is the case here, but I'm pretty confident Wentz has a better grasp of the offense. He's not having a great year, however. I think if you give Wentz a top ten O-line, he'll play like a top 10 QB. But we can see what happens when he plays behind the NFL's worst O-line (this season). He's been taken out. 

While I am curious to find out what kind of a player Hurts is, I think today's move was a huge mistake that means 1 of either Hurts, Wentz, or Pederson has to go after this season. Once you bench a franchise QB, that option will always be on the table until one of the involved pieces is gone from the team. I think Pederson lost half the team today. This guy is totally caving in under media pressure. What a mess ...

Pederson didn’t want this situation. He wanted his franchise quarterback to give him more than three points. Wentz doesn’t have a top 10 line. He has what he has and he still hasn’t figured out that he didn’t have much in front of him. None of this happens if Wentz played better. He hasn’t all year and that’s why he got benched. It’s no one else’s fault for that. This team has three very weak wins so I’m not sure if putting Carson back out there is what’s best for them. Do you honestly believe this team beats the Saints with Carson over Hurts? I’d say their chances are about equal either way. 

I'm so bummed because my team is doomed and looks like crap and the team I hate most in the NFL is way ahead of schedule and looking great.

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Some of the sacks are certainly the fault of the QB, but when you virtually never have a pocket to step up in and have to duck and spin constantly to find time, those 4 seconds mean nothing. Four seconds of running for his life ...

He's not always running for his life... even if that were the case and its not that infers that he had time to throw it away to live another day

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts was also running for his life today and most of those times he got positive yards. You don’t have to just be a statue and just take sacks. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pederson didn’t want this situation. He wanted his franchise quarterback to give him more than three points. Wentz doesn’t have a top 10 line. He has what he has and he still hasn’t figured out that he didn’t have much in front of him. None of this happens if Wentz played better. He hasn’t all year and that’s why he got benched. It’s no one else’s fault for that. This team has three very weak wins so I’m not sure if putting Carson back out there is what’s best for them. Do you honestly believe this team beats the Saints with Carson over Hurts? I’d say their chances are about equal either way. 

At this point, it doesn't matter. I don't agree with the decision today because it lingers forever after. This team is toast. Pederson threw Wentz under the bus for his own failure as a play-caller and inability to problem solve in game situations. This team probably just wasn't going to overcome all the problems this year, but Pederson just added more. He's a bonehead. We are now "all in" with Hurts for the future. 

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

No I'm not blinded by Wentz hate to see that a QB, even a good one requires some help. Someone that knows how to do this thing called blocking for one. I've seen both Hurts and Wentz play, I prefer Wentz. 

I know what I have in Wentz. Let’s see what the other kid has. Funny you can’t get enough of those Wentz three and outs. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts was also running for his life today and most of those times he got positive yards. You don’t have to just be a statue and just take sacks. 

You're missing the point. I never said Wentz was a statue, I said those plays where he took too long to throw weren't always because he was just standing there.

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

At this point, it doesn't matter. I don't agree with the decision today because it lingers forever after. This team is toast. Pederson threw Wentz under the bus for his own failure as a play-caller and inability to problem solve in game situations. This team probably just wasn't going to overcome all the problems this year, but Pederson just added more. He's a bonehead. We are now "all in" with Hurts for the future. 

He didn’t throw Wentz under the bus. I’m thinking he was trying to avoid going to Hurts at all. If anything there are other people (higher ups) that wanted Hurts to play. Doug has been protecting Wentz all season. I’m sure he made that choice reluctantly especially since he was just saying going to Hurts was like giving up on the season.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

He didn’t throw Wentz under the bus. I’m thinking he was trying to avoid going to Hurts at all. If anything there are other people (higher ups) that wanted Hurts to play. Doug has been protecting Wentz all season. I’m sure he made that choice reluctantly especially since he was just saying going to Hurts was like giving up on the season.

And he should give up. Giants clinched this division by virtue of playing well for weeks and they just won at Seattle and their defense is unstoppable. 

4 minutes ago, judunno said:

He's not always running for his life... even if that were the case and its not that infers that he had time to throw it away to live another day

Wentz has made a lot of bad decisions this year. I wouldn't claim otherwise. However, I believe they are a direct result of never being comfortable that you will have a clean pocket. No offensive line has been this bad since 1986. Of course Wentz will have his worst year. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

You're missing the point. I never said Wentz was a statue, I said those plays where he took too long to throw weren't always because he was just standing there.

My point is those sacks don’t always have to be sacks. Just like that roll out against the Cowboys where he just held the ball took a sack and fumbled! That could simply have been a throw away. Let’s stop making unnecessary excuses for the 5th year 100million dollar soon to be 28 year old veteran. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know what I have in Wentz. Let’s see what the other kid has. Funny you can’t get enough of those Wentz three and outs. 

I know what I have in Hurts. I saw him for three years at Bama. Got benched. In the middle of a National Championship. Saban knew he couldn't get it done. 

2 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

And he should give up. Giants clinched this division by virtue of playing well for weeks and they just won at Seattle and their defense is unstoppable. 

The Eagles chances of making the playoffs are pretty much slim to nil at this point. As far as I see it regardless if it’s Wentz or Hurts the changes of beating the Saints aren’t very high. Better to find out what you have in Hurts over the next 4 rather than spinning and doing the same thing with Carson again. 

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How many of those seconds were Wentz being able to evade after being swamped but not being able to get away from the entire D line in the end? 

Listen, the move is what it is. He did the series and then kept Hurts in the game. The end result wasn't really all that great. The Reagor punt return gave the moment more "spark" than there really was. I predict you'll see more quit in this team in the next 4 weeks than you have ever seen from the team under Pederson. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I know what I have in Hurts. I saw him for three years at Bama. Got benched. In the middle of a National Championship. Saban knew he couldn't get it done. 

Brady got benched at Michigan. Some guys in college go first overall and stink in the league. You don’t know what this kid is. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

How many of those seconds were Wentz being able to evade after being swamped but not being able to get away from the entire D line in the end? 

All of them ended in sacks. Some of them ended in sacks with fumbles. If you’re gonna get sacked at least hold onto the darn ball.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

My point is those sacks don’t always have to be sacks. Just like that roll out against the Cowboys where he just held the ball took a sack and fumbled! That could simply have been a throw away. Let’s stop making unnecessary excuses for the 5th year 100million dollar soon to be 28 year old veteran. 

I'm not making unnecessary excuses. I'm joust pointing out that his "ball-holding time" doesn't mean clean pocket and is a direct result of the lack thereof. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Listen, the move is what it is. He did the series and then kept Hurts in the game. The end result wasn't really all that great. The Reagor punt return gave the moment more "spark" than there really was. I predict you'll see more quit in this team in the next 4 weeks than you have ever seen from the team under Pederson. 

This team looked like they quit after their leader led them to three points and not much else in this game. They’re a bad football team. A team you were trying to convince me would make the playoff like three weeks ago. 

Brady got benched at Michigan. Some guys in college go first overall and stink in the league. You don’t know what this kid is. 

All of them ended in sacks. Some of them ended in sacks with fumbles. If you’re gonna get sacked at least hold onto the darn ball.

How about you block a little and don't allow the entire D line into the backfield?

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Brady got benched at Michigan

Did he get benched in the middle of a National Championship by the GOAT?

Archived