Thursday at 11:26 AM3 days I don't know how the eagles come to final decisions on coordinators or even some coaches.I think this teams blew a chance for a dynasty over the last 5 years by the constant changing of offensive coordinators and then dissing Stoutland, the best OL coach in the NFL, and letting him leave.The put together a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and each year, it's ridiculous to watch them struggle to score. Outside of the Super Bowl year, the offense clearly is what held this team back......If Sirianni has last say on OCs, he needs to have that power taken from him because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.This constant hiring of young "up and coming" guys who NEVER were coordinators, to learn on the job has been going on way too long. They took a Super Bowl winning offense and turned it into a constant struggle to produce......year after year. And It's not a coincidence that the offensive line has been a mess since Stoutland left. If Roseman is responsible for the hiring of offensive coordinators, he and Sirianni have done a lousy job.
Thursday at 12:38 PM3 days 1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:I don't know how the eagles come to final decisions on coordinators or even some coaches.I think this teams blew a chance for a dynasty over the last 5 years by the constant changing of offensive coordinators and then dissing Stoutland, the best OL coach in the NFL, and letting him leave.The put together a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and each year, it's ridiculous to watch them struggle to score. Outside of the Super Bowl year, the offense clearly is what held this team back......If Sirianni has last say on OCs, he needs to have that power taken from him because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.This constant hiring of young "up and coming" guys who NEVER were coordinators, to learn on the job has been going on way too long. They took a Super Bowl winning offense and turned it into a constant struggle to produce......year after year. And It's not a coincidence that the offensive line has been a mess since Stoutland left.If Roseman is responsible for the hiring of offensive coordinators, he and Sirianni have done a lousy job.For the record, the O-line was a mess last year, while Stout was still here.
Thursday at 01:05 PM3 days 24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:For the record, the O-line was a mess last year, while Stout was still here.Exactly what I was going to say. I don’t know if Kuper is any good or not, but first and foremost, I think we have a personnel issue. Age, and health have been the biggest issue between last season and so far this one.
Thursday at 03:36 PM3 days 2 hours ago, brkmsn said:For the record, the O-line was a mess last year, while Stout was still here.True.....but that was one year......the guy is widely considered the best or one of the best OL coaches in the NFL......that point is not debatable......My point is that I would feel more confident of them getting the OL straightened out with Stoutland still coaching.
Thursday at 05:13 PM3 days He’s going to have a bad year or two. That’s just bound to happen, IMO. He has, in the past, recovered from his mistakes in the draft, FA, own team signings, etc…He gets a few more opportunities. The crappy OC Coaches, well, that could partially be on Bubble Head Siri. I can’t imagine that’s all on Howie.
Thursday at 05:24 PM3 days 3 minutes ago, LacesOut said:He’s going to have a bad year or two. That’s just bound to happen, IMO.He has, in the past, recovered from his mistakes in the draft, FA, own team signings, etc…He gets a few more opportunities.The crappy OC Coaches, well, that could partially be on Bubble Head Siri. I can’t imagine that’s all on Howie.Most people over simplify. There are a lot of objective ways to judge Howie. For Example: First round hit rate.Howie is a Boom or Bust manager who is willingly ignores draft value, in order to hit a higher potential on an individual player. (See Lemon. 2 draft picks sacrificed to move up. See Reagor.) Howie first round hit rate since 2016 is 60 Percent.Compare this to a boring , most hated in Philly Jerry Jones. JJ is boring, rarely trades in the first, sticks to proven type of selections. JJ first round hit rate since 2016 is 75 Percent.With all the praises of Howie being the best, it is a hard thing to acknowledge that he is just above Average.
Thursday at 09:27 PM3 days 4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:Most people over simplify. There are a lot of objective ways to judge Howie. For Example: First round hit rate.Howie is a Boom or Bust manager who is willingly ignores draft value, in order to hit a higher potential on an individual player. (See Lemon. 2 draft picks sacrificed to move up. See Reagor.) Howie first round hit rate since 2016 is 60 Percent.Compare this to a boring , most hated in Philly Jerry Jones. JJ is boring, rarely trades in the first, sticks to proven type of selections.JJ first round hit rate since 2016 is 75 Percent.With all the praises of Howie being the best, it is a hard thing to acknowledge that he is just above Average.Do you have this for the draft as a whole? Would be good to see how they stack up in other rounds.
Thursday at 11:34 PM3 days 7 hours ago, birdman#12 said:True.....but that was one year......the guy is widely considered the best or one of the best OL coaches in the NFL......that point is not debatable......My point is that I would feel more confident of them getting the OL straightened out with Stoutland still coaching.I believe Stoutland was a great O-line coach and for the most part, his players seemed to love him. He helped a complete basket case like Becton and turned him into a solid starter in just a few months. It's always hard when the players have so much respect for a coach, for them to "buy in" to a new coach that does things differently. So as fans, we've been hearing all kinds of weird rumors about potential retirings and whatnot. Lane now thinks this may be his last year. If Stout was still here, would that be his mindset at this point? Stout was a great positional coach, but not a miracle worker. He was unable to get anything out of Dillard or Kenyon Green. Matt Pryor had his one and only good season after leaving here and was useless when he returned. Stout was also the run-game coordinator and last year, our run game didn't produce all that well, but saw a slight boost late in the season after Stout was "relieved" of that duty. Anyway, all of our starters were coached up by Stoutland for multiple seasons and they all speak highly of him. He has produced a ton of pro-bowlers across the line for us. Maybe he wasn't perfect, but he set a very high bar in the eyes of Eagles fans. Because of familiarity, I agree with you. I'd be more comfortable with Stoutland over Kuper, who has a long way to go before the fans here respect him. If Stoutland were here, I would have been behind the idea of signing Becton again.
Friday at 05:11 PM2 days 19 hours ago, Soumak said:Do you have this for the draft as a whole? Would be good to see how they stack up in other rounds.The Draft Grade for each manager as a whole....would require a deep statistical analysis of every pick of every manager, for every year they were in charge. NFL has a lot of yearly changes and rotations. I do not want to waist my time on a long report. But without question there are better GMs with different selection styles than Howie. I am content at laughing at fan statements that Howie is the best or the worst. My personal opinion he is Above Average.
Friday at 05:17 PM2 days 4 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:The Draft Grade for each manager as a whole....would require a deep statistical analysis of every pick of every manager, for every year they were in charge. NFL has a lot of yearly changes and rotations. I do not want to waist my time on a long report. But without question there are better GMs with different selection styles than Howie. I am content at laughing at fan statements that Howie is the best or the worst. My personal opinion he is Above Average.its probably anecdotal then in this case but i feel that Howie has done a top 5 job in the draft as a whole. Particularly he has done a better job of hitting in 3-6 in comparison to other teams. but this is hard to judge without all the numbers across the league.
Friday at 11:11 PM2 days 2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:Y’all brought this one out of retirement huh? 😂He has to nail this next draft or the team will be set back for years!
Saturday at 12:30 AM2 days Usually when this thread gets bumped, Roseman nails the following draft...
Saturday at 12:28 PM1 day On 9/30/2026 at 11:19 PM, GeorgeM37 said:And THIS is why I have absolutely no expectations whatsoever this year....I look at this like the beginning of a rebuild year....Most teams have down years or patches. I think we are due one. Howie hasn’t drafted well the last couple of years. I think the team has gotten older and to be honest I think we need a change at HC. So yeah I came in with no expectations and just wanting to see the offense progress. So far I think we’ve seen glimpses of that but we absolutely need to see more.
Yesterday at 01:13 AM1 day 12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:Most teams have down years or patches. I think we are due one. Howie hasn’t drafted well the last couple of years. I think the team has gotten older and to be honest I think we need a change at HC. So yeah I came in with no expectations and just wanting to see the offense progress. So far I think we’ve seen glimpses of that but we absolutely need to see more.Agreed...I have BEEN saying we need a change at HC aka the glorified cheerleader....I want to see this amazing offense we are supposed to be getting with yet another OC and these draft picks SO FAR are not panning out at all....I swear if I see another bubble screen behind the LOS tomorrow I will be turning the game off very early.....
Yesterday at 04:10 AM1 day On 10/2/2026 at 10:17 AM, Soumak said:its probably anecdotal then in this case but i feel that Howie has done a top 5 job in the draft as a whole. Particularly he has done a better job of hitting in 3-6 in comparison to other teams. but this is hard to judge without all the numbers across the league.I do not know who you are watching? Howie? Howie's way is to trade 2 middle rounders to move up in the first for Lemon. Because Lemon ....according to everybody..but his uncle is the best receiver in the last year's draft. Boom Or Bust. If you wanted to look at managers who do a great job in the middle rounds...that would be John Lynch in San Francisco. John Lynch does a great job there.
17 hours ago17 hr 8 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:I do not know who you are watching? Howie? Howie's way is to trade 2 middle rounders to move up in the first for Lemon. Because Lemon ....according to everybody..but his uncle is the best receiver in the last year's draft. Boom Or Bust. If you wanted to look at managers who do a great job in the middle rounds...that would be John Lynch in San Francisco. John Lynch does a great job there.Other great middle rounds drafts, check out the Rams Seahawks Lions and Ravens
10 hours ago10 hr On 10/2/2026 at 7:11 PM, NOTW said:He has to nail this next draft or the team will be set back for years!Wait I thought the salary cap was supposed to set the team back for years? 😂
8 hours ago8 hr 13 minutes ago, LacesOut said:Howie, please fleece Washington for a 3rd round pick for Tanner Brady McKee.🏈🦅Nobody is trading for a guy who can’t even dress over Andy Dalton.
8 hours ago8 hr 43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:Nobody is trading for a guy who can’t even dress over Andy Dalton.It’s Washington!! They may just bite. 🤔🤔
7 hours ago7 hr 23 minutes ago, LacesOut said:It’s Washington!! They may just bite. 🤔🤔They believe that their guy is coming back this season so I doubt they want to make a trade right now.
Create an account or sign in to comment