Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I like the draft as much as anyone, but great GM work gets appreciated during the season, especially in February, not April.

People were saying the same stuff about Howie last April and then the team cratered.

whomp-whomp.gif

He extended Smitty and AJ, in quick succession. Let's not overlook that

7 hours ago, mattwill said:

The other good thing about the 2025 picks added is that we will get zero Comp Picks next year.

I'll give you another example of why it's good....while they aren't 1's or 2's....if you have to move up to grab a player in a round next year that you want.....you have 3 extra picks to us to try and do so!  Or if you have to use a higher pick, at least you have these to help fill out your draft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

I'll give you another example of why it's good....while they aren't 1's or 2's....if you have to move up to grab a player in a round next year that you want.....you have 3 extra picks to us to try and do so!  Or if you have to use a higher pick, at least you have these to help fill out your draft.

And also if we are contending next year, we have the ammunition to pull off a deadline trade to help the team. (Example of it working perfectly - Jay Ajayi in 2017. Example of it not working - Robert Quinn 2022.)

38 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

And also if we are contending next year, we have the ammunition to pull off a deadline trade to help the team. (Example of it working perfectly - Jay Ajayi in 2017. Example of it not working - Robert Quinn 2022.)

Ajayi was earlier in the season. His deadline trades have been mostly for scrubs. Avery, Quinn, Byard.

Meanwhile. 

May be an image of 11 people, people playing football and text that says 'The Dallas Cowboys draft DallasCowboysdrafto.. room...'

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have two 3's, two 4rs, and 5's in Next year's draft? Howie!

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have two 3's, two 4rs, and 5's in Next year's draft? Howie!

Screenshot_20240427_231106.jpg

Not sure how much weight his opinion is worth, but Daniel Jeremiah seems well respected in NFL circles. I just looked at his top 150 prospects and where they were taken. Every Eagles pick was taken later than their rating - including UDFA signing Gabe Hall (DT, Baylor, ranked 135).

https://www.nfl.com/news/best-prospects-available-in-the-2024-nfl-draft

On 4/23/2020 at 11:02 PM, ToDie4Eagles said:

His drafts have been HORRIBLE and his FA pick-ups (and lack thereof) have been pretty bad as well post Superbowl.  The Howie honeymoon is officially over.  Have the Howie fanboys migrated to this board as well?  Let's hear it.

Image result for office space basement

Time's yours.

🤡

image.png.1dae2768c75174ca29368d3354240360.pngOfficial Howie fan club merchandise.

On 4/28/2024 at 8:37 AM, NOTW said:

Ajayi was earlier in the season. His deadline trades have been mostly for scrubs. Avery, Quinn, Byard.

Don't forget Golden Tate - although he did catch the game winner in the double doink game

18 minutes ago, Procus said:

Don't forget Golden Tate - although he did catch the game winner in the double doink game

It's why I said mostly. The trade deadline mostly hasn't worked out. 

Thing with those moves is, while they didn´t turn out well, they could have. Better to try and right a listing ship than do nothing and sink anyway

51 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Thing with those moves is, while they didn´t turn out well, they could have. Better to try and right a listing ship than do nothing and sink anyway

Yeah I’d agree with that. And ultimately the cost of those moves hasn’t been too great. A lot of those moves as well seemed like logical moves at the time. They just didn’t work out.

Howie took that Reagor bust personally. Has been on fire since. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Nick Wright  is a media ****.

Did you watch the video? I’m not a fan but he’s right about Howie.

On 5/3/2024 at 3:40 PM, Road to Victory said:

Did you watch the video? I’m not a fan but he’s right about Howie.

I wouldn't say he's "right" about Howie. I'd say he has an opinion about Howie. I mean, he implies that Howie drafts off Daniel Jeremiah's big board ... He talks about Howie liking to get the players that fall and then mentions guys like Jordan Davis and Jalen Reagor as examples of those kinds of players that don't pan out (which is why they slid). Reagor didn't slide. Neither did Davis. I don't even think Nolan Smith slid. Nakobe Dean ended up doing exactly what Mel Kiper Jr. predicted he would in the draft. 

If you watch the draft, they praise a lot of people for their draft decisions. It's not just Howie. But in that piece, they were talking about Howie and that dude seems like he's related to EagleVA and wanted to put a negative spin on Howie regardless of what he did. First he brought up the "Jalen Nicks" pick and then brought up that list of players that didn't work out (Ringo, Dean, Smith and Davis) ... Honestly the only thing he was right about was that Reagor and Dillard didn't work out. He already wrote off those other four guys as misses to make his point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I wouldn't say he's "right" about Howie. I'd say he has an opinion about Howie. I mean, he implies that Howie drafts off Daniel Jeremiah's big board ... He talks about Howie liking to get the players that fall and then mentions guys like Jordan Davis and Jalen Reagor as examples of those kinds of players that don't pan out (which is why they slid). Reagor didn't slide. Neither did Davis. I don't even think Nolan Smith slid. Nakobe Dean ended up doing exactly what Mel Kiper Jr. predicted he would in the draft. 

If you watch the draft, they praise a lot of people for their draft decisions. It's not just Howie. But in that piece, they were talking about Howie and that dude seems like he's related to EagleVA and wanted to put a negative spin on Howie regardless of what he did. First he brought up the "Jalen Nicks" pick and then brought up that list of players that didn't work out (Ringo, Dean, Smith and Davis) ... Honestly the only thing he was right about was that Reagor and Dillard didn't work out. He already wrote off those other four guys as misses to make his point. 

It’s pretty telling that Howie said "I almost texted Daniel Jeremiah to tell him to take Jalyx Hunt off his list”. Wright is correct, there’s no NFL team, other than Howie who puts any weight into what Daniel Jeremiah thinks. If they did, Jeremiah would have an NFL job. 

11 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

It’s pretty telling that Howie said "I almost texted Daniel Jeremiah to tell him to take Jalyx Hunt off his list”. Wright is correct, there’s no NFL team, other than Howie who puts any weight into what Daniel Jeremiah thinks. If they did, Jeremiah would have an NFL job. 

First of all, Howie was joking.

Now ... about Daniel Jeremiah. He was an NFL scout for over ten years including working for the Eagles under Roseman. So there's a lot of respect for his opinion by the Eagles as well as other teams around the NFL. Of course they all have their own scouts and their own draft boards and don't just copy and paste Jeremiah's top 150 to save money. But those scouts don't make the amount of money Daniel Jeremiah now makes working for the NFL Network. They have to be away from home more which is a large reason he left the Eagles to pursue an offer to work for NFL.com. I'm not sure how you figure he doesn't have an NFL job. He does. It's just not for a specific team, but it's for the NFL product. He also has a ton of connections among scouts, GMs and teams around the league, so his information isn't just from a blogger fan with a youtube channel. 

Another difference between Jeremiah's big board and a team's draft board is that teams have a lot of flags on players that effect where teams are comfortable taking them. That's less of a concern in Daniel Jeremiah's current job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1