GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys, 12-27-20 @ 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

7 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I still think Dallas screwed up taking Lamb. Phenomenal receiver but they didn't need that. They needed D. 

I mean what defensive player would you have taken at when they picked? I remember a lot of mock drafts saying they would take Diggs in the 1st round....they somehow got him in the 2nd round. Give me Lamb and Diggs with my first two picks and I take it. 

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

QB had 4 turnovers...

1 wasn't a turnover but a ref screw job, another was a garbage time prayer when the game was already over. 

4 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Honestly, Doug should be fired for this game ALONE. I have seen horrible coaching in my years but this was by far the worst. As much as I hated AR, he at least brought his A game when it came to playing the cowgirls. Ken Wisenhunt could have coached this better and in my opinion, he was the worst ever HC the league has ever seen. 

We still don't know after three starts if Hurts is the answer but there should be competition in camp. And the fumbles are a concern. I still do not want Wentz to start so maybe they should bring in a veteran.

That CB that got burned looks even worse than Mills.....gym shorts needs to go!! and this goes without saying.....no db will look good in this crap scheme....its an affront to all defenses in the league....

You wentz apologists got what you wanted. A bad game by a rookie....its what you wanted, right? Even though this is our most hated rivals.....RIGHT?!

Most of the time, yes.  But I'll never forgive him for that one season we lost to them THREE times. 

34 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

irrelevant except for giving Dallas a free turnover at a critical point in the game when it was unanimously agreed that Hurts' knee was down. 

I've watched that play over and not only was 1 knee down, his 2nd knee was down before the ball started to come loose.  One of the worst blown calls I've seen and the replay officials doubled down on it.  Really bad. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah it was, and that why it was a fumble. Again HOLD ONTO THE DARN BALL AND IT IS NOT AN ISSUE. 

His knee was down before the ball was out....all the experts including the former NFL Vice President of Officiating agreed. 

4 hours ago, DBW said:

He was benched.  Doug won’t say it but he should.  He didn’t like the showboating.  So he made sure he didn’t get another play.  

Yeah, that's the spirit.  Bench a guy that just got you an 80 yard TD for "showboating" with your season on the line.  Meanwhile, you let players on your defense showboat all season even when they're getting blown out and embarrassed. 

If Doug really did bench him and he wasn't injured he needs to be fired first thing in the morning. 

37 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yeah, that's the spirit.  Bench a guy that just got you an 80 yard TD for "showboating" with your season on the line.  Meanwhile, you let players on your defense showboat all season even when they're getting blown out and embarrassed. 

If Doug really did bench him and he wasn't injured he needs to be fired first thing in the morning. 

I really hope that wasn't the case.  When I first saw the flip live, it seemed a little over the top but now that I've rewatched it a few times, it really wasn't that bad.  He basically rolls forward in the air...he didn't stop and backflip the way Tyreek Hill did a few weeks ago.

I don't recall if it was the next series or the series after the next but they were in crucial 3rd and 14 so I immediately assumed that DJax would be on the field.  So I believe Doug then rolls out with Reagor at X then Fulgham at Z..(or vice versa)..and I'm like, "Where the heck is DJax for a crucial 3rd and 14??"  Of course, no one gets open and I think Hurts ended up throwing it out of bounds.  How on Earth do you not put Djax out there on 3rd and 14?  Even if you're upset at him for showboating, you put him out there so he draws safety coverage, making it easier for one of the other receives to get open.  I was literally yelling at my laptop during that play.  Smh.

7 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Look at it this way. Dallas wins, gets curb stomped in round one then as a reward gets to draft 19 and play a first place schedule. 

Or Dallas manages to go on a little run and makes it to the NFC Championship game. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Or Dallas manages to go on a little run and makes it to the NFC Championship game. 

No way. They are not a good team. 

4 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

I really hope that wasn't the case.  When I first saw the flip live, it seemed a little over the top but now that I've rewatched it a few times, it really wasn't that bad.  He basically rolls forward in the air...he didn't stop and backflip the way Tyreek Hill did a few weeks ago.

I don't recall if it was the next series or the series after the next but they were in crucial 3rd and 14 so I immediately assumed that DJax would be on the field.  So I believe Doug then rolls out with Reagor at X then Fulgham at Z..(or vice versa)..and I'm like, "Where the heck is DJax for a crucial 3rd and 14??"  Of course, no one gets open and I think Hurts ended up throwing it out of bounds.  How on Earth do you not put Djax out there on 3rd and 14?  Even if you're upset at him for showboating, you put him out there so he draws safety coverage, making it easier for one of the other receives to get open.  I was literally yelling at my laptop during that play.  Smh.

Well when you play 1 effing game in 2 years and when you can finally play again after  all your injuries you do an effing summersault into the endzone like you have been dominating all year at 34 years old. He is a jackass

What is with all the pissing and moaning about all the players that were undrafted , picked up off the street, found at a grocery store and off the practice squad? 

"They suck!!" Everyone says. Wow good observation no effing crap they suck they weren't meant to be starters or even in the league  in some cases. 

You want to talk about some wild GM moves?  How about Bill O'Brien trading away last year's first round pick and this year's 3rd overall (currently) pick for Tunsil last year?  

In fairness, Tunsil is a good player but wow, last year's 1st and this year's 3rd overall is a king's ransom.  

8 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

1 wasn't a turnover but a ref screw job, another was a garbage time prayer when the game was already over. 

Regardless of the ref screw job, he still has to hold on to the ball when being tackled.  The garbage time prayer is still a INT.  If you consider the dropped INTs by the Saints and Cards, then he looks like a turnover prone QB.  And one that is not really good in the 4th qtr.

I hope DJax is unceremoniously cut. Collects a fat check all season, collects his record, then ghosts. Used to be a fan. Never again. Looking forward to Howie’s next signing of an aging veteran well past his prime who spends the season on the bench.

His knee was down before the ball was out....all the experts including the former NFL Vice President of Officiating agreed. 

Well the refs didn’t see it that way, and when you don’t hold onto the ball you put the game in their hands. Again. Hold onto the ball. 

10 hours ago, Big___Al said:

What, are you George Costanza? "Jerry, I think it moved..." 😉 

The refs apparently saw it too bud. That’s why it was a turnover. Hold onto the ball. 

Most of the time, yes.  But I'll never forgive him for that one season we lost to them THREE times. 

That was McNabb’s last year. He got benched in that playoff game for Vick. A few years later Reid was gone too. 

56 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Regardless of the ref screw job, he still has to hold on to the ball when being tackled.  The garbage time prayer is still a INT.  If you consider the dropped INTs by the Saints and Cards, then he looks like a turnover prone QB.  And one that is not really good in the 4th qtr.

Nothing is more annoying than when people try to excuse away turnovers. I’m not going to knock a guy for turnovers he didn’t commit, but it’s clear the ones he did make are turnovers. Just as silly as the Wentz people saying his interceptions were "just like a punt.” Just a silly quote. 

Marquette should not see the field Sunday night. Period. And if he does play give him one more shot so another team can watch him play and grab him after the season. 

There’s really no other explanation.  He had 1 play, didn’t get touch d by anything except the ground, hot dogged it up the tunnel and then never saw the field again.  The only thing I can think of is that doug didnt like it because "it’s never about one guy, it’s about the team” and kept him out the rest of the game.  He can’t say that publicly  because then he opens himself up to what you just described where he hurts the teams chances to make the post season by benching a player which won’t sit well with fans.  

I don’t buy the aggregating an injury, he didn’t talk to any trainers that we saw after the play, he was standing on the sidelines next to doug for a while.  I didn’t see him on the bench, or go into the medical tent and nobody from the broad cast team mentioned any injury with him.   So that’s a load of crap if doug covers for himself by saying he was concerned about his injury.  And yes, it’s a fireable offense, add it to the list of others he has made this season 

12 hours ago, DBW said:

Oooh 2 players in the last 10-12 years 😂 

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

200% more than the zero you claimed, and that was with very little thought being put into it. 

Seriously?  The argument should be that Howie hasn't drafted top defensive talent since Reid left.  But since Bobby Taylor was drafted?  He was in 1995, do you mean since Bobby Taylor left the team?  (Because the next year after Taylor they drafted Dawkins, Trotter 2 years later and Corey Simon).

After Taylor left:

Lito Shepperd, Sheldon Brown (and Michael Lewis in the same draft). Mike Patterson, Trent Cole, UDFA Quentin Mikell, Brandon Graham and Fletcher Cox...Cox is the last great defensive player they drafted.  Derek Barnett is the best defensive player drafted since then, so far he's a decent starter just not an elite player.  They have scraped together scrubs and free agent cast offs plus 1 or 2 solid free agents or trade upgrades but have not drafted well at all since Cox was drafted.

1 hour ago, Cappeeler said:

At least the stress is over for this season anyway. 😂

I think I was done with the stress after week 2 lol. 

Archived