GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys, 12-27-20 @ 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Why are players on defense allowed to be jackasses but not a receiver?

I don't really care for that either. They all suck

21 hours ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

"Bad news is Howie is picking. You know, the guy who passed on Justin Jefferson, just to name a few! "

I accept the corrected post- and THAT is a first ever for me. Good job! 😀

22 hours ago, judunno said:

I'm fine with him at HC. I'm not fine with him as HC & OC

Not me. Clean house. This guy calls high school 4th and 15's and garbage like that every game... every game something stupid that isn't NFL worthy. 2017 is gone, and the men who won that Super Bowl for the eagles are now on other teams. It sure as hell wasn't Doug who won it. Even Foles had to call the Philly Special, because Doug had his head up his own a**. Doug didn't do shi* in 2017 except go along for the ride.

Doug is publicly saying HE is the answer to fixing the Eagles. That HE is the answer and has the answers. Doug needs a fan intervention, because poor Doug has lost his mind. I mean, there isn't even common sense at work in his thinking. Doug is stark raving mad and is now desperate- and it's starting to ooze out of him. Bye, Doug, enough is enough. back to high school ball for you.  Give us a real NFL coach. The Super bowl winning coaches we had are on other teams now. Let's get a real one. Get rid of Howie- or keep him away from personal decisions. Get rid of the committee of 25 offensive coaches and get a real OC. Need a competent DC, too.

Tear it all down, we'll put it up again
Another empire. (Queensryche)

4 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

He has to do better for sure, but the officials should have to do better as well.  Why are players and coaches benched or fired for poor performance but referees get to trot out onto the field and blow calls for decades?

Officials make mistakes, but the bigger mistake is putting things into their hands to make the choice. Saints fans can whine about the officials screwing them in the playoff game against the Rams too. Still comes back to one simple thing. Hold onto the football. 

5 hours ago, jblah said:

currently we are number 6. we have to lose next week against the skins or we'll probably fall to #7 - #11.

WFT is on like their 5th quarterback or something now starting for them. It’s the kind of game the Eagles will win and put the Cowboys in the playoffs while losing their draft slot at the same time. 

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

WFT is on like their 5th quarterback or something now starting for them. It’s the kind of game the Eagles will win and put the Cowboys in the playoffs while losing their draft slot at the same time. 

4th starting QB.  But looking that up, McLaurin has a 1,000 yard season, with Haskins, Allen, Smith and Heinicke at QB.

Had 900 yards as a rookie.  6th WR taken after JJawful.

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We’ll see what coach Doug really thinks about his job; if he starts Carson , that means the QB1 title is really Jalen Hurts.  Vice-versa, he wants to screw the organization w/ the I don’t care if the cowpies gets in , my name isn’t buddy Ryan. Watch him have a 85/15 run vs pass ratio for the last game of the season.   Out of all this fiasco of a season, our special team has been awful, like what fellow member, talonblood  quoted: tear it all down! 

9 minutes ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

We’ll see what coach Doug really thinks about his job; if he starts Carson , that means the QB1 title is really Jalen Hurts.  Vice-versa, he wants to screw the organization w/ the I don’t care if the cowpies gets in , my name isn’t buddy Ryan. Watch him have a 85/15 run vs pass ratio for the last game of the season.   Out of all this fiasco of a season, our special team has been awful, like what fellow member, talonblood  quoted: tear it all down! 

Hurts is the starter for the game.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

4th starting QB.  But looking that up, McLaurin has a 1,000 yard season, with Haskins, Allen, Smith and Heinicke at QB.

Had 900 yards as a rookie.  6th WR taken after JJawful.

So glad Howie is coming back....🙄

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts is the starter for the game.

So glad Howie is coming back....🙄

Predicting coach doug’s presser: "... a hell of a football game.  WTF is a great team. Been waiting all season to have an excellent  compete game on both sides of the ball...”

BEB35FB9-55A7-417A-9C7E-FC93D3A584E6.thumb.jpeg.191cb4b578acdfc77624f39dd322cb1a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Doug is publicly saying HE is the answer to fixing the Eagles. That HE is the answer and has the answers. Doug needs a fan intervention, because poor Doug has lost his mind. I mean, there isn't even common sense at work in his thinking. Doug is stark raving mad and is now desperate- and it's starting to ooze out of him. Bye, Doug, enough is enough. back to high school ball for you.  Give us a real NFL coach. The Super bowl winning coaches we had are on other teams now. Let's get a real one. Get rid of Howie- or keep him away from personal decisions. Get rid of the committee of 25 offensive coaches and get a real OC. Need a competent DC, too.

Tear it all down, we'll put it up again
Another empire. (Queensryche)

HUGE Thumbs up for the Queensryche quote!!!!

Do you think maybe this was a thinly veiled shot at Howie?

IOW...Stop meddling and let me do my job Howie...and stop giving me crap to work with....

19 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

irrelevant except for giving Dallas a free turnover at a critical point in the game when it was unanimously agreed that Hurts' knee was down. 

Not unanimously.  The on-field officials and the video replay official at league HQ in New York disagreed.

Regardless it was one play and they lost by 20 in a 4 win season so...

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Officials make mistakes, but the bigger mistake is putting things into their hands to make the choice. Saints fans can whine about the officials screwing them in the playoff game against the Rams too. Still comes back to one simple thing. Hold onto the football. 

So you're about holding players accountable but not officials, got it.  I'm fine with the occasional mistake here and there, I know the game happens fast.  But when the official watches the same thing everyone else does in HD slow motion and somehow comes to a different conclusion than the rest of the planet, that's not a mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Not unanimously.  The on-field officials and the video replay official at league HQ in New York disagreed.

Regardless it was one play and they lost by 20 in a 4 win season so...

Yeah I meant unanimously by everyone on the broadcast including the former Vice President of NFL officials.  Just because we're a bad team and were the away team doesn't make it okay to cheat us. 

10 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

Marquette should not see the field Sunday night. Period. And if he does play give him one more shot so another team can watch him play and grab him after the season. 

He should so we lose.

3 hours ago, flyerdog said:

IOW...Stop meddling and let me do my job Howie...and stop giving me crap to work with....

Yes, and Lurie. Which means... if you talk shi* about your boss in public, you're fired. I think he wants to be, because NOBODY could be that stupid. Or could they? Doug will be fired Sunday night after the game, with it being reported Monday morning, or will be fired Monday morning and it will be reported soon after. Lurie and Howie have to be red faced over the comments. Doug shoved it right in their faces, and I love it. Good luck, Doug, with the New York Jets job.

4 hours ago, flyerdog said:

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Yes, and Lurie. Which means... if you talk shi* about your boss in public, you're fired. I think he wants to be, because NOBODY could be that stupid. Or could they? Doug will be fired Sunday night after the game, with it being reported Monday morning, or will be fired Monday morning and it will be reported soon after. Lurie and Howie have to be red faced over the comments. Doug shoved it right in their faces, and I love it. Good luck, Doug, with the New York Jets job.

No. The context was reporters grilling him about his job security, why things went bad this season and why regression for 3 years. 

Later, he was asked if he wanted more say in selecting players. He said he likes the collaboration with Howie and his team, but he doesn't want to be on that side of things. He likes coaching and teaching. 

He didn't rip Howie. 

He blamed injuries, said they have good young talent to work with (people Howie drafted), blamed COVID lack of offseason and self-inflicted wounds like penalties. 

I watched the whole PC, I didn't hear anything that would make them mad. He was basically defending his record in 3/5 seasons making playoffs and championship.

13 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

So you're about holding players accountable but not officials, got it.  I'm fine with the occasional mistake here and there, I know the game happens fast.  But when the official watches the same thing everyone else does in HD slow motion and somehow comes to a different conclusion than the rest of the planet, that's not a mistake. 

Officials are gonna screw up. It is what it is. Control what you can. Presnap penalties and protection of the football are things that can be controlled. Let’s see if the NFL fires these refs. I doubt they will "hold them accountable.” We can whine, cry, moan, and complain all we want, but the truth is the Eagles got beat. They lost, cause they weren’t the better team. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Officials are gonna screw up. It is what it is. Control what you can. Presnap penalties and protection of the football are things that can be controlled. Let’s see if the NFL fires these refs. I doubt they will "hold them accountable.” We can whine, cry, moan, and complain all we want, but the tris the Eagles got beat. The lost, cause they weren’t the better team. 

Agreed. For me that was a terrible call, Hurts was down on that fumble but it was a long shot that we came back to win anyway. The bigger issue is our discipline. So many damn penalties. So many false starts especially at crucial moments. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. For me that was a terrible call, Hurts was down on that fumble but it was a long shot that we came back to win anyway. The bigger issue is our discipline. So many damn penalties. So many false starts especially at crucial moments. 

Lots of sloppy play in this game. Frankly the Eagles didn’t deserve to win. They looked woefully unprepared and that’s on Doug. His team wasn’t ready to play. 

19 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Prepare for narrow sightedness and total denial. I hope I'm wrong. My best hope for significant change would be if
Doug and the Eagles mutually agreed to separate. Nobody really knows how the Lurie - Roseman - Pedersen dynamic works or if they do, they're not saying.

lets hope so because after what happened the last game and gives everyone a free pass, it's pretty much saying he wants to sell the team because he's going to lose fans and ticket sales as a result everyone knows this is a product of disaster and it says that lurie just doesnt care.

4 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

lets hope so because after what happened the last game and gives everyone a free pass, it's pretty much saying he wants to sell the team because he's going to lose fans and ticket sales as a result everyone knows this is a product of disaster and it says that lurie just doesnt care.

Wow, you really are one of the worst posters.  Why would he make the product bad and then try and sell ??  Does not seem to be the best way to get a maximum return for your investment.

And mix in some spelling, grammar, sentences, and most importantly some intelligence into your posts.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Officials are gonna screw up. It is what it is. Control what you can. Presnap penalties and protection of the football are things that can be controlled. Let’s see if the NFL fires these refs. I doubt they will "hold them accountable.” We can whine, cry, moan, and complain all we want, but the truth is the Eagles got beat. They lost, cause they weren’t the better team. 

Again I don't agree that purposeful "home cooking" and a mistake are the same thing.  I do agree with control what you can.  I doubt they will be fired or fined and I'm sure we'll see them again next season.  I'm not saying we were the better team but at that point in the game if we rightfully keep the ball we still had a chance to win at that point. 

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

1*K2MqaSmzRDhtk4bsQ0nm9w.jpeg

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Why would he make the product bad and then try and sell ??  Does not seem to be the best way to get a maximum return for your investment.

because he's got that ego where he would choose his friends over football, he wouldnt care if it costs him to sell the team. that's what i mean. he wouldnt get rid of howie no matter how bad he drafts or wouldnt hold andy reid accountable when the team had bad records after 2005. sure we won one super bowl but the fact is he's at the hip with his buddies, where he would just keep them no matter what. 

Archived