GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys, 12-27-20 @ 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

34 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think I was done with the stress after week 2 lol. 

My hopes for this season ended when we tied the Bengals.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

My hopes for this season ended when we tied the Bengals.

That was bad, and as strange as it may sound, the back to back wins against the Giants and Dallas were some of the most uninspiring wins I've ever seen.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

That was bad, and as strange as it may sound, the back to back wins against the Giants and Dallas were some of the most uninspiring wins I've ever seen.

This whole season was unforgettable. There were only a few magic moments such as Fulgham's 4 game stretch, Hurts first couple of starts and Miles long TD runs. In terms of playing complete games, the Eagles arguably only played one against the Saints.

8 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

This whole season was unforgettable. There were only a few magic moments such as Fulgham's 4 game stretch, Hurts first couple of starts and Miles long TD runs. In terms of playing complete games, the Eagles arguably only played one against the Saints.

Agreed. The first half against Washington seemed like it might be ok. 17-0 lead. Looking good, them boom, Wentz gets picked off, and the season went to sheet.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Agreed. The first half against Washington seemed like it might be ok. 17-0 lead. Looking good, them boom, Wentz gets picked off, and the season went to sheet.

I don't know how Lurie can justify keeping the status quo and bring both Doug and Howie back.  To write off this season to injuries and covid would be narrow sighted and a total denial move.

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well when you play 1 effing game in 2 years and when you can finally play again after  all your injuries you do an effing summersault into the endzone like you have been dominating all year at 34 years old. He is a jackass

Why are players on defense allowed to be jackasses but not a receiver?

3 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Regardless of the ref screw job, he still has to hold on to the ball when being tackled.  The garbage time prayer is still a INT.  If you consider the dropped INTs by the Saints and Cards, then he looks like a turnover prone QB.  And one that is not really good in the 4th qtr.

Oh I agree I'm not saying he had a good game by any means or that it doesn't look like he has some potential ball security issues.  But context means something and I think it's different when you've lost the game already and you're just throwing up a prayer versus a critical turnover when the game is still on the line. 

33 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I don't know how Lurie can justify keeping the status quo and bring both Doug and Howie back.  To write off this season to injuries and covid would be narrow sighted and a total denial move.

I think if they had won, and then beaten Wash next week...it would have provided the convenient status quo argument (bad luck, injuries etc...) but that they lost...big...there is no hiding the fact that this is a BAD team..and the problems go DEEP....and COVID is not an excuse..EVERY team has been in the same situation...not just the Eagles...so if they try and play that card...it's a hollow excuse...

Lurie has to be seething that he will doll out millions to a guy that was benched for poor play...that his players have been dropping like flies for a few seasons in a row...that our WR draft pick has 400 yds receiving while the guy picked after us has 1200 yds...etc...why few if any of our draft picks amount to anything....

why our coaches won't/can't make adjustments....

just too much to list...

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well the refs didn’t see it that way, and when you don’t hold onto the ball you put the game in their hands. Again. Hold onto the ball. 

I agree he needs to tighten up and not try to stay standing and fight for more yardage opening himself up to a strip fumble.  But I don't agree that he should have to hug the ball for 5 seconds after his knees are down just in case these professional officials that make six figures decide to not interpret their rules correctly. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That was McNabb’s last year. He got benched in that playoff game for Vick. A few years later Reid was gone too. 

True, to me that still doesn't excuse losing to a division rival 3 times in one season when it was claimed that Reid "brings his A game against the Cowgirls"

15 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

True, to me that still doesn't excuse losing to a division rival 3 times in one season when it was claimed that Reid "brings his A game against the Cowgirls"

They won 11 games that year and lost 3 times to the Cowboys. McNabb was made the scapegoat. At that point one of them had to go, because Reid and McNabb simply weren’t going to win it together. Reid put his hopes into Vick the coach killer and was gone soon after. 

21 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I agree he needs to tighten up and not try to stay standing and fight for more yardage opening himself up to a strip fumble.  But I don't agree that he should have to hug the ball for 5 seconds after his knees are down just in case these professional officials that make six figures decide to not interpret their rules correctly. 

The refs made a decision. The fact he fumbled he put it into their hands. I don’t like the call, but I don’t like the fact he couldn’t hold onto the ball more. He’s gotta do better period. I hope he learns from this. I hope he never wants any play decided by the refs again and he does what’s necessary to secure the ball better. Last week he got it punched out. Can’t keep having fumbles. Can’t keep having bad turnovers. That goes for Wentz and Hurts. The coach needs to do a much better job stressing that turnovers, and penalties are not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I wish they had not beat the Saints.  If they're going to suck and lose games might as well lose them all.  They're not making the playoffs.  Obviously the team and coaches play to win, they always should.  But I wouldn't have been mad at losing out and getting higher draft pick.

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I wish they had not beat the Saints.  If they're going to suck and lose games might as well lose them all.  They're not making the playoffs.  Obviously the team and coaches play to win, they always should.  But I wouldn't have been mad at losing out and getting higher draft pick.

currently we are number 6. we have to lose next week against the skins or we'll probably fall to #7 - #11.

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

I agree, but I fear that's the outcome.

54 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The refs made a decision. The fact he fumbled he put it into their hands. I don’t like the call, but I don’t like the fact he couldn’t hold onto the ball more. He’s gotta do better period. I hope he learns from this. I hope he never wants any play decided by the refs again and he does what’s necessary to secure the ball better. Last week he got it punched out. Can’t keep having fumbles. Can’t keep having bad turnovers. That goes for Wentz and Hurts. The coach needs to do a much better job stressing that turnovers, and penalties are not acceptable. 

He has to do better for sure, but the officials should have to do better as well.  Why are players and coaches benched or fired for poor performance but referees get to trot out onto the field and blow calls for decades?

30 minutes ago, jblah said:

currently we are number 6. we have to lose next week against the skins or we'll probably fall to #7 - #11.

Recent high picks:  #2 Wentz, #4 Lane Johnson.  Other than that, #12 was Cox, #14 Barnett.  The higher the pick, the more likely they take a "sure thing" prospect (nothing guaranteed of course but the odds go up).

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Prepare for narrow sightedness and total denial. I hope I'm wrong. My best hope for significant change would be if
Doug and the Eagles mutually agreed to separate. Nobody really knows how the Lurie - Roseman - Pedersen dynamic works or if they do, they're not saying.

5 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Nobody really knows how the Lurie - Roseman dynamic works or if they do, they're not saying.

Roseman has been wrong in the draft, and has the team way over the cap.  He sucks.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Roseman has been wrong in the draft, and has the team way over the cap.  He sucks.

I'm sure Howie would have an alternative explanation.

7 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Prepare for narrow sightedness and total denial. I hope I'm wrong. My best hope for significant change would be if
Doug and the Eagles mutually agreed to separate. Nobody really knows how the Lurie - Roseman - Pedersen dynamic works or if they do, they're not saying.

Hopefully Jeff looks at 3 years straight of slow starts and this year there was a slow finish.  The trajectory of this team is going down.

57 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

All year Doug in his press conferences kept blaming COVID even though every team is in that same situation, and injuries.  They talk about players like Jeffrey, Peters, Brooks...guys that they should not be relying on at this stage.  They blame "youth" and inexperience due to injuries.

They have scapegoats:  Schwartz will not be re-signed in his contract and they will find a new DC...the same people who hired 14 offensive coaches are going to hire a new DC.

They have injuries and Carson.  Howie can claim he was a genius for drafting Hurts.  Doug blames injuries and Carson not playing well in a QB driven league.  

We hope for Howie to be gone, but in reality they'll let Schwartz go and potentially shake up the offensive coaching again and promote one of them to a traditional OC role and get rid of 1 or 2 of the consultants.  

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

All year Doug in his press conferences kept blaming COVID even though every team is in that same situation, and injuries.  They talk about players like Jeffrey, Peters, Brooks...guys that they should not be relying on at this stage.  They blame "youth" and inexperience due to injuries.

They have scapegoats:  Schwartz will not be re-signed in his contract and they will find a new DC...the same people who hired 14 offensive coaches are going to hire a new DC.

They have injuries and Carson.  Howie can claim he was a genius for drafting Hurts.  Doug blames injuries and Carson not playing well in a QB driven league.  

We hope for Howie to be gone, but in reality they'll let Schwartz go and potentially shake up the offensive coaching again and promote one of them to a traditional OC role and get rid of 1 or 2 of the consultants.  

sadly i think you are correct. we will need another year of 4-12 or 5-11 before any meaningful changes happen.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

yep...he went from being a bright , young mind in the business...to Dan Snyder...

Say what you will about him, but did the team EVER have salary cap trouble under Joe Banner the way it does now? not that I can recall...

Archived