GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys, 12-27-20 @ 4:25 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

A long time ago Lurie was convinced he didn’t want another defensive minded HC after Rhodes. Might be harder to convince him otherwise with Doug and Andy winning the SB now. We will see though. 

It’s clear he prefers an offensive minded coach, but he was on the threshold of signing Gus Bradley, so I think he’ll at least consider it for the right guy. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

A long time ago Lurie was convinced he didn’t want another defensive minded HC after Rhodes. Might be harder to convince him otherwise with Doug and Andy winning the SB now. We will see though. 

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s clear he prefers an offensive minded coach, but he was on the threshold of signing Gus Bradley, so I think he’ll at least consider it for the right guy. 

He was, but I think Eazy is right:  Lurie has seen the best success from Reid and Doug.  Reid 4 NFCCG and 1 SB appearance.  Doug 3 years making the playoffs and a championship.  Lurie continually says he's about offense so that's where he's at.  It would be a shift for him to change to a defensive coach again after Rhodes.  It's not impossible, just not likely.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

He was, but I think Eazy is right:  Lurie has seen the best success from Reid and Doug.  Reid 4 NFCCG and 1 SB appearance.  Doug 3 years making the playoffs and a championship.  Lurie continually says he's about offense so that's where he's at.  It would be a shift for him to change to a defensive coach again after Rhodes.  It's not impossible, just not likely.

Oh I definitely agree. Perhaps the Super Bowl was Lurie’s nail on ever going defensive minded again. I agree going forward, it’s much less likely he goes defense again. 

Archived