GDT: Washington Football Team @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-3-21 @ 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Back in the mid to late 80s, teams like Denver, Miami, Buffalo, Houston, etc... were all becoming passing teams. That's why the NFC was superior for over a decade. Passing had very little to do with rule enforcement and more to do with philosophy. Acting like you can't compare players from different eras is a cop out. Football is football. Back when Elway played, teams didn't start games with 5 DBs either. Hybrid S/LBs were not a thing. The only team that had real success against The Bears' 46 defense in 85 was the Dolphins because Marino demonstrated how to beat the blitz. Teams adapt over time, but the game is the same. A turnover was just as costly in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s, as it is today. A completion was just as crucial then as it is today. A TD was just as important then as it is today. 

You’re comparing Carson to 1980s quarterbacks, because he’s putting up 1980s numbers in a 2020 game. It’s just sad. Heck Joe Namath is a HOF quarterback too! He has a career losing record, a 50% completion percentage, and threw way more interceptions than touchdowns. He makes Carson look great too. 

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

We didn't have Brooks, Lane, Seumalo for weeks and Goedert and Ertz at various times. Those injuries weren't fake. A team isn't going to throw the whole season early in the year. When you lose most of your OL, the team is going to struggle.  

Believe what you want. We always failed in the second half unless the game was out of reach. In those cases we would battle back to tie then fail. Looking back it’s been blatant. It was planned. It’s why Howie and Doug are back and Carson is gone. It was a throw away year. It doesn’t surprise me they got rid of the discussion board a week before drafting Hurts either.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t agree with that. WR passes were installed. There was also movement in the pocket with rollouts and lots of motions. They had a game plan and like most times this year it only worked for half the game. 

You call that a gamelan? I know it had to be a record number of "kill kills" in this game. Those kill kills are because the opposing defense keyed in on the vanilla offense. Players are competitors. Listening to Hurts press conference should tell you all that's needed to know if the tank was in. He wanted to continue to compete for the win but Doug was already in tank mode before the game started. 

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

Believe what you want. We always failed in the second half unless the game was out of reach. In those cases we would battle back to tie then fail. Looking back it’s been blatant. It was planned. It’s why Howie and Doug are back and Carson is gone. It was a throw away year. It doesn’t surprise me they got rid of the discussion board a week before drafting Hurts either.

I don't think Lane and Brooks are faking serious leg injuries and that they are purposely sabotaging Wentz wasting millions of dollars. It makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re comparing Carson to 1980s quarterbacks, because he’s putting up 1980s numbers in a 2020 game. It’s just sad. 

Actually, I was just mocking your arguments.  If it's "sad" don't let me stop you from crying.

2 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

You call that a gamelan? I know it had to be a record number of "kill kills" in this game. Those kill kills are because the opposing defense keyed in on the vanilla offense. Players are competitors. Listening to Hurts press conference should tell you all that's needed to know if the tank was in. He wanted to continue to compete for the win but Doug was already in tank mode before the game started. 

The kid killed the play. I heard Carson call Kill Kill for years now and no one cared. Everyone has been whining for Doug to run the ball more and the kid audibles to more runs and people are unhappy. It is what it is. The Eagles weren’t talented enough to be in that game to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Actually, I was just mocking your arguments.  If it's "sad" don't let me stop you from crying.

Oh you mean the argument to say that it’s not fair to compare Sudfeld’s one portion of a game where he didn’t get any reps during practice  to Carson’s 12 games of bad football? Do tell. 😂

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I don't think Lane and Brooks are faking serious leg injuries and that they are purposely sabotaging Wentz wasting millions of dollars. It makes no sense.

I never said anyone was faking injuries. I’m saying we weren’t planning on winning even if they were healthy. I said the injuries happen. Obviously it wasn’t a player involved tank. It makes sense from an organization though. And by trading Wentz they lose money they already were going to lose THIS YEAR. By trading Wentz we have 81 million projected in 2022.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh you mean the argument to say that it’s not fair to compare Sudfeld’s one portion of a game where he didn’t get any reps during practice  to Carson’s 12 games of bad football? Do tell. 😂

They let you in at practice? No wonder we lost. 

Just now, MillerTime said:

I never said anyone was faking injuries. I’m saying we weren’t planning on winning even if they were healthy. I said the injuries happen. Obviously it wasn’t a player involved tank. It makes sense from an organization though.

There's no way to spin this into making sense.

This season did anything but get the fans on board with Howie and Doug.

Losing hurts team revenue, (ticket sales, ticket prices, merchandise, consessions, etc... )

Your conspiracy doesn't hold water. The team was just thoroughly disappointing all year. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

They let you in at practice? No wonder we lost. 

Yeah. I’ve been saying play Sudfeld all week, because I wanted to keep Carson’s trade value up, and Hurts was the only quarterback on the roster who had any chance to win. 

They’re reporting on the radio that Carson, Ertz, and Kelce all went back out on the field after the game. It’s like they all know they won’t be back. 

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

There's no way to spin this into making sense.

This season did anything but get the fans on board with Howie and Doug.

Losing hurts team revenue, (ticket sales, ticket prices, merchandise, consessions, etc... )

Your conspiracy doesn't hold water. The team was just thoroughly disappointing all year. 

In a season where ticket sales, ticket prices, concessions don’t matter. It’s calculated. I’m willing to bet that ticket sales, ticket prices, merchandise, will all be up from the numbers in 2019 (not 2020 obviously) next year. It wasn’t about fans being on board with doug and howie this year. It was all about moving on from Wentz, their mistake.

8 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

In a season where ticket sales, ticket prices, concessions don’t matter. It’s calculated. I’m willing to bet that ticket sales, ticket prices, merchandise, will all be up from the numbers in 2019 (not 2020 obviously) next year. It wasn’t about fans being on board with doug and howie this year. It was all about moving on from Wentz, their mistake.

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

I’m convinced this whole year was a tank. They drafted Hurts. Then they blow the first Washington game. They knew they were in cap trouble. They wanted Wentz to look bad. Howie and Doug are back because this was planned to help the rebuild and move on from Wentz. They just had to get the fan base on board.

So ... in the process of getting the fans on board with moving on from Wentz, they accidentally caused fans to want themselves (Howie and Doug) gone as well? 

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

So ... in the process of getting the fans on board with moving on from Wentz, they accidentally caused fans to want themselves (Howie and Doug) gone as well? 

Fans won’t want them gone if they do well next year. They had to justify moving on from Wentz though.

3 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

yeesh sounds fun? hope you are enjoying the game, or a nice drink perhaps because what you just described...😴

It's all part of the gig, so I don't mind. I do get a bit of enjoyment out of it... it's the geek in me lol. I just know how crazy it's going to be next season when we're on our second Super Bowl run. The numbers that we had this season will be dwarfed. 

So where do we go from here?

Wentz apparently (I still don't fully believe it) wants a trade. Hurts has struggled the last couple of weeks and a fair few players are going to be moved on. 

This may well get uglier before it gets any better. 

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

I’m convinced this whole year was a tank. They drafted Hurts. Then they blow the first Washington game. They knew they were in cap trouble. They wanted Wentz to look bad. Howie and Doug are back because this was planned to help the rebuild and move on from Wentz. They just had to get the fan base on board.

Manwithtinfoilhat.jpg

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Blah blah blah. Then people would be complaining OMG we are now picking 9th instead of 6th bc of a meaningless game. Or Hurts would have torn an acl or something stupid. It's not our fault WFT sucked so bad that it looked that obvious. 

You think that way because you have a loser mentality, too. I'll hang with the winners. Losers are full of excuses. Blah blah blah your a**.

3 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

That what I said. We are going to be bottom feeders for years to come

Yup. I have no idea how an org that won a Super Bowl so recently suddenly acquired a loser mentality and actions. Lurie began acting like Jerry Jones, and he and Howie wanted the committee of 25 OC's and overruled Doug's choices. That was a weird, panic move. It started right there and got worse.

3 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

It’s funny, because if there were fans in the stands and the Eagles won the game, there would be a lot of boos.

The ones who would be booing are the ones with the loser mentalities. Winners win at all costs. Losers are full of excuses and full of shi*.

3 hours ago, manz2821 said:

So who all are gone. Wentz, Ertz, Jeffery, DeSean, Malik, Peters, Curry?, Pryor( I hope), Clement, JJAW?. Who else am I missing

Gerry

Archived