GDT: Washington Football Team @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-3-21 @ 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

You think that way because you have a loser mentality, too. I'll hang with the winners. Losers are full of excuses. Blah blah blah your a**.

Battle has been lost, but the war isn't over. We lost the battle(season), but advanced our position in the war (draft). Sometimes you gotta sacrifice to gain. Sometimes you gotta take 1 step back in order to move 2 steps forward. Need more analogies? Get over your self. If you dont win the SB you're just a loser like everyone else. 

37 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Battle has been lost, but the war isn't over. We lost the battle(season), but advanced our position in the war (draft). Sometimes you gotta sacrifice to gain. Sometimes you gotta take 1 step back in order to move 2 steps forward. Need more analogies? Get over your self. If you dont win the SB you're just a loser like everyone else. 

Read what you said... then remember who makes the picks 😞

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

All the stupid giants had to do was win 1 more game this year and then they wouldn't be crying. As if I feel bad for them ...

Imagine if Engram doesn’t drop a key 3rd down pass in Philly. 

I’m here now, kickin butt and chewing gum, I’ve owned this board for about 3 mos now, now b4 zod 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So where do we go from here?

Wentz apparently (I still don't fully believe it) wants a trade. Hurts has struggled the last couple of weeks and a fair few players are going to be moved on. 

This may well get uglier before it gets any better. 

If we put too much dependence in Hurts at QB, it definitely will.  Sorry.  The last four weeks showed us enough to know that.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The kid killed the play. I heard Carson call Kill Kill for years now and no one cared. Everyone has been whining for Doug to run the ball more and the kid audibles to more runs and people are unhappy. It is what it is. The Eagles weren’t talented enough to be in that game to begin with. 

Nah, nothing against the QBs I was referring to Doug's playcalling. Defenses have been keying in on his predictable and overused plays. QBs constantly have to kill the original play and revert to a vanilla run. His offense is easily figured out by defenses. He's been outcoached all season long. 

26 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

If we put too much dependence in Hurts at QB, it definitely will.  Sorry.  The last four weeks showed us enough to know that.

Sorry but I can't agree with that, Hurts took some lumps in this game, that's undeniable, but it was his 5th career start with a line that was worse than anything Wentz has played behind this season with Pryor and Toth at Tackle facing the best pass rush in the division by a country mile, other than that his play has been promising, certainly enough to give him a shot next year.

Overall Yesterday's game was among the most abject surrenders I've watched in all my time watching the Eagles, if they weren't trying to lose then they ought to be ashamed from top to bottom of the organisation.

3 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Nah, nothing against the QBs I was referring to Doug's playcalling. Defenses have been keying in on his predictable and overused plays. QBs constantly have to kill the original play and revert to a vanilla run. His offense is easily figured out by defenses. He's been outcoached all season long. 

I'd be on the horn with Linclon Riley inquiring as to whether he's interested in a HC position in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

The ones who would be booing are the ones with the loser mentalities. Winners win at all costs. Losers are full of excuses and full of shi*.

How about when teams rest players going into the playoffs?  They’re not trying to win since they rest many of their starters.

8 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I can honestly say....I have been watching and rooting for this team since I was about 8 years old. This was the most embarrassing game to witness for all of us fans.....it was cowardly and a pathetic effort. I will always be a fan til I am no longer here but this was a straight travesty....

I hope whoever is pick number 6 was worth this effort tonight.....I truly do

Oh, I don't know. It made me think of warm August evenings ..................... and the 4th preseason game.

What's funny is Howie said one reason to draft Hurts was Sudfeld wants a chance to start and won't re-sign as a free agent. So putting him in wasn't to evaluate him for next season...unless he'll be Hurts backup?

Sudfeld was terrible last night.  He was inactive for most of the season and hardly played in the last 2 seasons.  If this team is a "QB factory", the product is not good.  Now there is a QB controversy and it is likely to ripe this team apart at the top. 

The team played like in a pre-season game.  Mistakes all over.  It was a mercy that the game and the whole season is over.  Time to re-build and start a new chapter.

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Is there anything right about being a 4 win team? Let's saw they won one...5 wins? That isn't good enough or right. Everyone needs to play better, coach better, draft better, so we are never in this spot ever again. 

I don't understand why we are getting killed. Pittsburgh played Mason Rudolph. You don't think that didn't screw the Dolphins? It's not our job to get the Giants in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I don't understand why we are getting killed. Pittsburgh played Mason Rudolph. You don't think that didn't screw the Dolphins? It's not our job to get the Giants in the playoffs. 

I’m confused as well. First off the Giants won 6 games. That’s not playoff worthy. We should have beat you guys the first time and none of this would have mattered. Second, the Eagles tanked one quarter, not a season. I understand the 76ers hate from a few years back, but not this. You always play to win, I get it, but sometimes a meaningless loss is beneficial (see 2019, the Giants would have had Chase Young over Andrew Thomas). 

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Oh I agree there. I don't think Hurts is the long term answer. The problem is he much be just good enough to mean the Eagles contend to make the play offs most years and thus don't get another high pick. 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

THIS

That game spoke volumes to me personally. I didn't really pay attention to the inactives (I should have though) but to watch that was just flat out embarrassing as an Eagles fan. Of COURSE, I am still a fan but this will leave a sour taste in my mouth for awhile. Then I was actually sorry to see that Ertz sat by himself afterwards....his last game as an Eagle. I will be forever grateful for the Superbowl winning TD but again, a sour taste in my mouth for his lack of effort this season due to his contract situation. 

I can honestly say I don't remember having this feeling as a fan for the longest time.....so long.....I can't even remember what situation in the past caused this particular feeling

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Sorry but I can't agree with that, Hurts took some lumps in this game, that's undeniable, but it was his 5th career start with a line that was worse than anything Wentz has played behind this season with Pryor and Toth at Tackle facing the best pass rush in the division by a country mile, other than that his play has been promising, certainly enough to give him a shot next year.

Overall Yesterday's game was among the most abject surrenders I've watched in all my time watching the Eagles, if they weren't trying to lose then they ought to be ashamed from top to bottom of the organisation.

His passing numbers are almost identical to Wentz this season.  I really don't see why everyone is so excited by what we have been shown so far.

14 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

THIS

That game spoke volumes to me personally. I didn't really pay attention to the inactives (I should have though) but to watch that was just flat out embarrassing as an Eagles fan. Of COURSE, I am still a fan but this will leave a sour taste in my mouth for awhile. Then I was actually sorry to see that Ertz sat by himself afterwards....his last game as an Eagle. I will be forever grateful for the Superbowl winning TD but again, a sour taste in my mouth for his lack of effort this season due to his contract situation. 

I can honestly say I don't remember having this feeling as a fan for the longest time.....so long.....I can't even remember what situation in the past caused this particular feeling

Teams tank all the time. Winning last night would have accomplished nothing. Yeah maybe they shouldn't have been so obvious about it but the Steelers started Mason Rudolph and they aren't catching any crap. If the giants wanna complain then win more than six games

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Teams tank all the time. Winning last night would have accomplished nothing. Yeah maybe they shouldn't have been so obvious about it but the Steelers started Mason Rudolph and they aren't catching any crap. 

Honestly, I don't care anything about what Pittsburgh is doing. I guess my problem was the obviousness of it or....I feel like you should always play to win regardless if it is 'meaningless' or whatever. And especially if its Howie again managing the draft because if thats the case...and it look like it is, at least for now.....then it really makes no difference what number we are, now does it? I always want them to go out there and play their best....

135529525_10223634425787114_2562122111180063013_o.jpg

38 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I agree there. I don't think Hurts is the long term answer. The problem is he much be just good enough to mean the Eagles contend to make the play offs most years and thus don't get another high pick. 

We can disagree on this, but I'm not going into next year with a RB playing QB.  That puts this Wentz deal in a whole new light.   Broken or not, he has the brains and talent to turn it around, if Doug is gone.

20 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Teams tank all the time. Winning last night would have accomplished nothing. Yeah maybe they shouldn't have been so obvious about it but the Steelers started Mason Rudolph and they aren't catching any crap. If the giants wanna complain then win more than six games

There was zero proof the Hurts was leading them back, but it did come across as too obvious for their own good. 

Archived