GDT: Washington Football Team @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-3-21 @ 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think every fan is rightly unhappy and angry with that nonsense. Either play to win or play the back ups from the start. Don't pull Hurts with the game still close. 

Giants fans tears are delicious.

Imagine if DP didn't pull Hurts, and Hurts got rolled up and tore an ACL or something stupid like that? Then Wentz wouldn't be going anywhere. And imagine what you guys that wanted to win a meaningless game would be saying, in fact what everyone, fans and media, would be saying.

"You play to win the game!" Yup, we won the draft game. And escaped without any major injuries.

13 hours ago, judunno said:

If the $ wasn't locked up in Wentz why not? Championships are won upfront. Conklin was young enough 🙂

So you're going to trade or release Lane Johnson then?

19 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

Except he doesn't.  His numbers are almost identical to Carson's, aside from the much higher fumble per touch ratio.

Again, read my first post you quoted. One is 4 games into starting and one is 5 years in. 

41 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

So you're going to trade or release Lane Johnson then?

Yes. Lane seems to be degrading health wise.

34 minutes ago, judunno said:

Yes. Lane seems to be degrading health wise.

You would have had to have traded or released him months ago.

59 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Again, read my first post you quoted. One is 4 games into starting and one is 5 years in. 

I don't need to read it again.  I read it the first time.  It doesn't matter.  You could put Tom Brady behind this o line and he would look pedestrian at best.  Carson looked fine last season with a functioning o line.  There's no reason to think he wouldn't again.

13 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

I don't need to read it again.  I read it the first time.  It doesn't matter.  You could put Tom Brady behind this o line and he would look pedestrian at best.  Carson looked fine last season with a functioning o line.  There's no reason to think he wouldn't again.

The Eagles had the number one graded offensive line last year and Carson struggled, albeit there were injuries. The Bucs had the 7th ranked line and Jameis struggled. With the same oline, Brady just threw 40 touchdowns at 42 and on his way to the playoffs.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

Competent QB play can mask a bad line. Carson isn’t getting paid to look "fine” hes paid to be elite. Hes also been the worst QB in the division besides Haskins. 

4 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

The Eagles had the number one graded offensive line last year and Carson struggled, albeit there were injuries. The Bucs had the 7th ranked line and Jameis struggled. With the same oline, Brady just threw 40 touchdowns at 42 and on his way to the playoffs.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

Competent QB play can mask a bad line. Carson isn’t getting paid to look "fine” hes paid to be elite. Hes also been the worst QB in the division besides Haskins. 

Carson was head and shoulders better than Winston last season.  Carson didn't struggle that much last season.  He had a completion percentage of 63, his td/int ratio was 27/7.  Winston had a completion percentage of 60.1 and his TD/int ratio was 33/30.  Do you feel like our offensive skill players are equal to those in Tampa this season?  I don't.  It's really not a valid comparison because we don't have the same o line we had last season.  I would expect Carson to have much better numbers this year if we did.

1 hour ago, Dweedlebug said:

Carson was head and shoulders better than Winston last season.  Carson didn't struggle that much last season.  He had a completion percentage of 63, his td/int ratio was 27/7.  Winston had a completion percentage of 60.1 and his TD/int ratio was 33/30.  Do you feel like our offensive skill players are equal to those in Tampa this season?  I don't.  It's really not a valid comparison because we don't have the same o line we had last season.  I would expect Carson to have much better numbers this year if we did.

Again, you missed the point. Good day sir

38 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Again, you missed the point. Good day sir

No, your point was that Brady played much better behind the same line than Winston did even though Brady has more and better weapons offensively this year. .  Well, we didn't have the same line as last year, so it's really not even a valid comparison or point.  Good day to you too.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, judunno said:

That's pretty sad considering he's a rookie 😕

The thing about "he's a rookie" is consider where he played his college ball. I would expect a rookie that played at Alabama and Oklahoma to be further along in NFL level play than average. Yes, Wentz has 4 years in the league. Just saying I'd expect Hurts to be better than the average rookie.

1 hour ago, Dweedlebug said:

No, your point was that Brady played much better behind the same line than Winston did even though Brady has more and better weapons offensively this year. .  Well, we didn't have the same line as last year, so it's really not even a valid comparison or point.  Good day to you too.

Another clueless post. 

25 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

The thing about "he's a rookie" is consider where he played his college ball. I would expect a rookie that played at Alabama and Oklahoma to be further along in NFL level play than average. Yes, Wentz has 4 years in the league. Just saying I'd expect Hurts to be better than the average rookie.

How do you expect him to be better than the average rookie QB when he was a 2nd round pick? A 2nd round pick that people say would have still been there in the 4th or 5th round. 

1 minute ago, MagicMoment said:

How do you expect him to be better than the average rookie QB when he was a 2nd round pick? A 2nd round pick that people say would have still been there in the 4th or 5th round. 

Heisman runner-up QB in the 4th or 5th round? Mebbe .................... I don't follow college football so had no idea who Jalen Hurts even was when his name was called.

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Really... even without an off season and only playing a handful of games on a scrub team? Talk about unrealistic expectations.

I keep seeing the highlights of QB Sudfelds INT. He had a wide open WR crossing the middle of the field at about 10 yards deep that he did not even look at. Story of the season. UGH. All 3 QBs are just blech. WTH is this team going to do about it? Tough going ahead.

Archived