Kyle Pitts (Florida TE/WR) -- DRAFTED BY ATLANTA #4

Captain F

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

The more and more I read about and watch videos of this kid, I like him more. To me it's Chase or Pitts only. 

Agreed. At first I thought "a TE at #6, no thank you" but now I am onboard with this one. The kid is a monster and I think he could have a Kittle type impact on the league.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:57 AM, nipples said:

I don’t hate the BPA approach but I think receiver is just still such a weakness that I think you have to take one at 6. I’ll include Pitts in that, because he’s really more than just a tight end. I think you really need to go either Chase, Pitts or Smith at 6. That’s my order of preference. 

I like the second round corner prospects better than the receivers at that spot. Give me one of the three pass catchers I mentioned at 6, then Samuel Jr in round 2 and I’ll be thrilled. 

I love Stokes or Campbell in R2 over Surtain or Farley in R1.  #6 is Pitts, Chase or Smith in that order.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I love Stokes or Campbell in R2 over Surtain or Farley in R1.  #6 is Pitts, Chase or Smith in that order.

I like the idea of trading back up also. If Horn or owusu-karamoah drops I pull the trigger and move up to end of round one or first pick of round 2.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:08 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. At first I thought "a TE at #6, no thank you" but now I am onboard with this one. The kid is a monster and I think he could have a Kittle type impact on the league.

Only way Pitts is worth a pick that high is if you actually think this guy can split out and play X on a significant amount of snaps.  It appears the consensus is growing that he can.  Would be cool to see him in green just for the Harold Carmichael comparisons

19 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Only way Pitts is worth a pick that high is if you actually think this guy can split out and play X on a significant amount of snaps.  It appears the consensus is growing that he can.  Would be cool to see him in green just for the Harold Carmichael comparisons

I think you move him around. I think to take a player like that at #6 you've got to make him a feature of the offense and that means moving him around. 

• Like 1

Miami may grab Pitts. That would be good for those of us that want an actual WR like Chase or Smith

4.46 today at 6’6” 240. I honestly can’t see any reason why it’s not a sprint to the podium if he’s available at 6, Chase or no Chase. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Miami may grab Pitts. That would be good for those of us that want an actual WR like Chase or Smith

Four...Four...Six

• Haha 1

He's a bit of a long strider but 4.46 for a big guy is very, very impressive.

Oh, and he's only 20 years old. Won't be 21 until October. So much room for professional and personal growth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

He's a bit of a long strider but 4.46 for a big guy is very, very impressive.

Oh, and he's only 20 years old. Won't be 21 until October. So much room for professional and personal growth.

If he’s there at 6, those two nameless card guys need to sprint to the podium. I’ll forgive them if they can only do it in 7 flat. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Pitts will be top 5. Good news for those on team Chase

Which team do you think snags him in the top 5? Or do you think someone trades up for him?

I'm curious because I feel if one of these two guys go top 5 it's probably Chase. 

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Which team do you think snags him in the top 5? Or do you think someone trades up for him?

I'm curious because I feel if one of these two guys go top 5 it's probably Chase. 

Miami and Falcons (assuming they do not go QB). Atlanta restricted Matt Ryan’s contract. One of the only holes they have is at TE. They don’t need another WR with Jones and Ridley. They might take one more stab at a championship that’s why Pitts makes sense.

Miami can definitely go WR but they have a larger need at TE than they do at WR. Dolphins have the luxury to draft an immediate safety blanket for Tau at TE if they decide not to go OT. WR is a need but not a huge need. With not any huge needs I think Miami is most likely to trade back.

you can make an argument for Jets and Cincinnati. 

a lot of assumptions but not crazy to think Pitts is a top 5 lock. I don’t think QB is going to go 1-4 like some of the "experts”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Miami and Falcons (assuming they do not go QB). Atlanta restricted Matt Ryan’s contract. One of the only holes they have is at TE. They don’t need another WR with Jones and Ridley. They might take one more stab at a championship that’s why Pitts makes sense.

Miami can definitely go WR but they have a larger need at TE than they do at WR. Dolphins have the luxury to draft an immediate safety blanket for Tau at TE if they decide not to go OT. WR is a need but not a huge need. With not any huge needs I think Miami is most likely to trade back.

you can make an argument for Jets and Cincinnati. 

a lot of assumptions but not crazy to think Pitts is a top 5 lock. I don’t think QB is going to go 1-4 like some of the "experts”

I think Penei Sewell should be off the board before we pick. Lowest he should go is 5, and could go as early as 2 to the Jets. As for the other 4 picks, I think either Chase/Smith will be off the board. Overall I like our chances of landing Pitts at 6 moreso than Chase.

I don't see the Dolphins going TE personally but the Falcons are an interesting spot at 4. They could take Pitts to go all in on helping Ryan make one last push like you said, or they could still go QB and groom him behind Ryan.

The Bengals are probably hoping Sewell falls to them but if he doesn't, WR is a strong possibility since AJ Green is gone and while Boyd, Higgins, and Tate is a solid trio, imagine putting Boyd in the slot with Higgins and Chase/Smith on the outside. Rashard Slater could be a surprise reach here if they really want OT.

One thing I know based on common sense. If the eagles have serious interest in Pitts they will trade Ertz before the draft. 

if Pitts is drafted by eagles and Ertz still on the team, his trade value goes to zero.

I think I would have taken this guy over Chase. No realistic chance at him at 12. Shame, but we do have other needs. Guy will be a stud.

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Unpin post please

54 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Just close the thread. The Eagles are f'ing pathetic 

59 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Woulda, shoulda, coulda...nope.

😭😭😭😭