Kyle Pitts (Florida TE/WR) -- DRAFTED BY ATLANTA #4

Captain F

1 hour ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't want any trade-ups for anybody.  But yeah...  If he's there, then take him.  (It won't happen.)

What would you give up to move to say #9 and grab Pitts? Or are you just dead against it end of?

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What would you give up to move to say #9 and grab Pitts? Or are you just dead against it end of?

Giving up a pick = giving up a player.  Moving from #12 to #9 would take at least a Day #2 pick, so that player we'd be giving up would be a potentially good player, possibly at a position of need.  And the Eagles have a ton of needs.  So I don't know.  It'd be nice to keep him out of Dallas' hands.  And if he's there, then at least one of the CB's is probably gone already.  But we've already got Goedert and he's looking decent.  We've still got Ertz (for now), and he's been very good.  So I don't know.  I don't think it'll happen.  I don't think he'll be there at #9.  Nor will Chase.  But I guess that if either was available and the Eagles chose to use a 3rd(+), I wouldn't complain about it.

• Like 2

BTW - While they obviously play different positions, in my mind, Pitts and Chase fall into the same category:  NICE THINGS THAT WE CAN'T HAVE.

12 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Giving up a pick = giving up a player.  Moving from #12 to #9 would take at least a Day #2 pick, so that player we'd be giving up would be a potentially good player, possibly at a position of need.  And the Eagles have a ton of needs.  So I don't know.  It'd be nice to keep him out of Dallas' hands.  And if he's there, then at least one of the CB's is probably gone already.  But we've already got Goedert and he's looking decent.  We've still got Ertz (for now), and he's been very good.  So I don't know.  I don't think it'll happen.  I don't think he'll be there at #9.  Nor will Chase.  But I guess that if either was available and the Eagles chose to use a 3rd(+), I wouldn't complain about it.

I would look at all the moves in a package and think: "For moving back 3 spots we swapped a third into a first and still got a top pick." 

Hard not to like it. That said I believe them when they said they checked and felt good about enough prospects at 12. I felt the way they said it mattered to know SF would be picking a QB signals that they feel there are exactly 9 players they are ok with picking, so I don't think another trade back is in the cards unless someone really, really pays for it.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I would look at all the moves in a package and think: "For moving back 3 spots we swapped a third into a first and still got a top pick." 

But then that assumes we can trade up with just a #9 which I think is a stretch. I mean going up to #9 is Carolina's spot? And apparently they've had a few conversations with teams about trading out of there.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But then that assumes we can trade up with just a #9 which I think is a stretch. I mean going up to #9 is Carolina's spot? And apparently they've had a few conversations with teams about trading out of there.

Sure, I think we pick at 12. Was just saying if that was how it would turn out that result would look pretty good to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

9 is Denver.  Carolina picks 8.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Panthers are #8, Bronocs are #9. Honestly I don't see a 3rd getting working  to move up to 8 or 9. Yes the chart numbers work but nothing is going by the chart these days. 

I think it takes at least a 3rd and an additional pick like a 5th. However I think either one of those team will want a 2nd rounder, more then likely it being in 2022 to make the deal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Panthers are #8, Bronocs are #9. Honestly I don't see a 3rd getting working  to move up to 8 or 9. Yes the chart numbers work but nothing is going by the chart these days. 

Yeah I can't see it getting it done either. I think if there are any QBs at #8 / 9 then it's going to take a bit more than a third. 

23 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

How about both 3rds to move to 8? maybe get CAR to kick back a 4th.

I think theres too much talent in that 3rd round to give them both up to move up a few spots.  A trade of 12, a third, and 5th, to get to 8 or 9 IF Pitts is the guy, I would be good with.