EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Agreed. Some highlights for me:

-- Avant seems to really like Reagor. Compared him to Jeremy Maclin coming out of the Big 12 and adjusting to not getting free releases and running by people at will. Thinks Reagor "has that dog in him" and "hates" the constant talk about Justin Jefferson (was framed as a positive that it will motivate him to get better, not as him being bitter). Thinks he'll wind up being a really good player and having continuity at WR coach will help him.

-- Praised John Hightower's routes and game speed, going as far as saying he was the team's best route runner. His major, and probably fatal, flaw -- he's scared to get hit.

-- Praised Darius Slay in making Quez Watkins a better player. Said Quez couldn't do anything against Slay early on when he was on the scout team and that Slay wouldn't let up on him. "Night and day" difference in Quez's skill level from beginning of the year until the end.

-- Confirmed Fulgham had issues mentally dealing with Alshon taking his snaps. Likes Fulgham's movement ability for his size and his aggressiveness as a blocker, but he needs to mature.

Pod is really a must listen and both guys are actually likeable.

It's so depressing that the coaching staff/Lowie forced the older vets in last year to save face on the stupid contracts they paid out. I'm actually somewhat bullish on our WRs, but it would have been great to get them extra experience in a lost year to see what they have. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

Could see that, I don't think he will be as good as Agholor's best though, 

That’s completely ludicrous.  Agholor was a corpse his first season; Reagor shows actual ability if you get him the ball in space.  Agholor was supposed to have PR skills coming out of USC, but looked afraid of the football on PR in the NFL — career-long return of 4 yards.  Reagor has already shown he can be a dynamic returner in the NFL.

1 hour ago, garingovt2000 said:

Where are we right now (cap space) after all the restructures?

Here is the update from OTC today, showing what the cap was previously.  This is updated with the Kelce restructure.  They must have also updated the back end of the Slay deal showing his cap hit of 22 million for 2022.

You can see from the below, in the last 6 days from re structures, Howie has already cut 28 million off the cap next year.  For all the folks who think Howie is a genius and we will be fine cap wise for 2022, here is the impact on future cap that I told you was going to happen.

@austinfan your boy just continues to kick the can down the road.  Saved 14 million this year by adding 28 million in 2022.  Genius.

2021 ( 69 ) 2022 ( 39 ) 2023 ( 24 ) 2024 ( 11 ) ( 12 ) 2025 ( 1 ) ( 3 )
Start - 03-04 $43,187,668.00 $73,325,877.00 $136,813,917.00 $207,502,060.00  
Slay update - 03-05 $34,297,668.00 $71,140,877.00 $134,528,917.00 $202,932,060.00 $230,456,000.00
Kelce update - 03-10 $29,272,668.00 $43,455,877.00 $112,373,917.00 $204,332,060.00 $233,706,000.00

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's pretty stupid to compare Ruggs to Waddle and assume Waddle would be a bust because of another players first year, where he missed games in a pandemic year with no mini camp or preseason games in a new stadium that looks like a spaceship in a city with legalized gambling.  

Ruggs snap count was dropping at the end of the year, ie when he had the most knowledge and experience of the playbook, they both came from the same program and Waddle was behind Ruggs on the depth chart when they were both there, Nick Saban didn't think Waddle was as good as Henry Ruggs, is he stupid?

Agholor managed to have a career year having to learn the same Raiders offense with the same lack of pre season in the same city.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Ruggs snap count was dropping at the end of the year, ie when he had the most knowledge and experience of the playbook, they both came from the same program and Waddle was behind Ruggs on the depth chart when they were both there, Nick Saban didn't think Waddle was as good as Henry Ruggs, is he stupid?

Agholor managed to have a career year having to learn the same Raiders offense with the same lack of pre season in the same city.

You're an idiot. 

10 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Tried to draft like I think the Eagles will 

54D1670C-C464-4FE0-8218-35B95425320B.jpeg

Puking GIFs | Tenor

11 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It's so depressing that the coaching staff/Lowie forced the older vets in last year to save face on the stupid contracts they paid out. I'm actually somewhat bullish on our WRs, but it would have been great to get them extra experience in a lost year to see what they have. 

Agreed, and I'd even extend that to much of the team's young players who were put in positions to fail. Little player development, focus on older players, and a practice environment that made previously durable players injury prone all of a sudden.

9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Parcells was always an overrated blowhard; he had opinions on QBs, but no track record at all of selecting or developing any great QBs.  He inherited Simms with the Giants, brought in Testaverde with the Jets (as well as future stops), and inherited Romo in DAL.  Drafted Chad Henne in MIA and he became a career backup.

His formula is becoming obsolete with the vast majority of first round QBs declaring after their junior seasons.

But the number of starts and completion rate still ring true more than not.

39 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Agholor had nice agility and always ran good routes, but his deep speed was actually lacking, especially for a lightweight finesse WR.  He also showed confidence issues and an inability to track a deep ball almost immediately.

Reagor showed great deep speed on college film, then ran a slow 40 with bad agility drills, and looked fairly sluggish as a rookie with poor routes.  Not sure if he can or cannot track since he was only open and targeted on a deep ball once all year, but he did bring it in.

I think the only real similarity is that they both had bad rookie years.

The GPS data suggest Agholor is fast. But I agree with the rest of your assessment of him.

11 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Oh boy, this might take the cake as one of the dumbest posts on here and that's saying a lot.  No offense to you but if you think Waddle was lower on the depth chart because he isn't as good as Ruggs then you've got a lot to learn.  Alabama has 4 and 5 star recruits who don't see the field until their senior year, they are THAT loaded.

So if that's the case are you saying Najee Harris isn't as good as Josh Jacobs or Damien Harris just because he was behind them on the depth chart when they were all on the team?

The fact that Waddle was given a role as a true freshman despite Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith and Henry Ruggs being on the team shows me how special he is.

I'd like to apologise unreservedly to all Jaylen Waddle's family and friends that are apparently on this board, his late climb up the WR draft boards based on greasy fast speed despite average college production in far and away the strongest college football programme looks nothing like Henry Ruggs being talked up ahead of clearly superior receivers last year.

11 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'd like to apologise unreservedly to all Jaylen Waddle's family and friends that are apparently on this board, his late climb up the WR draft boards based on greasy fast speed despite average college production in far and away the strongest college football programme looks nothing like Henry Ruggs being talked up ahead of clearly superior receivers last year.

Translation:

"I had a really dumb take, and instead of really looking at what I've said, I'm going to double down and blame everybody else for being wrong."

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I want nothing to do with a 3rd capable starting LT on the team when we have holes at every position on the roster.

I would start him at guard

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Btw Jason Avant’s new podcast is incredible. At least these first 2 episodes. Confirms a lot of what we thought about the team (especially because he was at the Novacare last year) but also probably more positive than I would have expected.

He is nice about it but you get the sense he wants to say that the Eagles coaching staff/front office is an absolute dumpster fire.

What is it called? 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Translation:

"I had a really dumb take, and instead of really looking at what I've said, I'm going to double down and blame everybody else for being wrong."

Yep.  Justin Jefferson played 99% of the snaps in week 11, 97% in week 14 but only 80% in week 17.  Vikings must have decided he sucked and lowered his snaps.

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

What is it called? 

Inside the Birds. Same one that Caplan and Mosher run.

- Extend Barnett: 7M
- Extend Graham: 7M
- Cut Goodwin: 4M
- Restructure Lane: 4M
- Restructure Hargrave: 5M
Total: 27M 

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I would start him at guard

I don't like it.  Quenton Nelson went at 6 and I don't think he's anywhere close to the same level.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Waddle slid because of his injury he didn’t have a "late climb”.  Do you even watch college football?  Did you know he got hurt.  Do you know where the U of Alabama is?  You like turtles?

D349B702-C99C-46DF-B5CB-C4403AAC6DB3.jpeg

Hey man, that kid is way cooler, and waaaay smarter than that idiot. Don't drag turtle boy into this. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Cut Barnett and get an extra $3 million.  That's going to be one of the trickier moves they make.  I'm still on the fence with Barnett, I just don't know.  This FA pool is going to be STACKED.  Do you want to limit what you can do by extending him?  We know what he is.  IMO, he's not worth that contract. I would much rather have some cap flexibility to be able to sign someone in FA.

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Plus 8 million to sign rookies , and a cpl million to operate roster  during year , eagles got work to do.

Just now, Original Sin said:

Plus 8 million to sign rookies , and a cpl million to operate roster  during year , eagles got work to do.

This is already done via the Ertz trade/release + Alshon/Jackson post June 1st cuts. 

It's just about getting under the cap before next week.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Question, is Barrett Brooks a hot take idiot?

Yes, yes he is.

Archived