EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Parsons might be great, but I would never draft a LB at 6. If we are going to take him, we have to trade down into the teens with someone who wants a QB. In the top 10, there is no justification for taking a RB, LB or TE. The incremental value over a replacement level guy isn't enough at those positions. With a premium draft slot, we need a premium player at a high value position. I'd love Sewell, but no way he gets past Cincy. So either take the best WR on the board or trade down. 

If youre sitting at like pick 20, and youre thinking LB, and getting something like the 3rd LB off the board, most likely youd be right. 

When youre getting a talent like Parsons in the top 10, then theres a huge gap between him and a replacement level player. Hes worth it. 

Not sure theres been a TE worth it.

And you can make the argument against RBs too. Though I love RBs and Id draft one that high if its an AP, or Saquan Barkley like freak. 

But the LB position is not the same. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

How does anybody think Kyle Pitts would run a 4.3?

He doesn’t run past any CB in any film I’ve seen.  He’s an athletic freak with a wingspan who presents a target, goes up and gets it, boxes out defenders and uses size, height, and reach to dominate.  He’s a low 4.5s guy — maybe even a bit more than that.

Everyone is running a 4.3 this offseason. 

If you needed reassurance that salary cap panic is overblown (every single year...) then here you are

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I remember being petrified the Eagles were going to pull the trigger on him after Lurie flew out to his pro day. 

Didn't iluvdaeagles go on and on about how great Geno Smith during the Vick Foles debate ??

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Anyone know if we franchise tagged Nate Gerry or Jason Peters?

You guys think you want a 23 year old top 10 pick until he deals with a nagging injury in year 1 or 2 and then you're writing his obituary when he's 25 and "maxed out." 

7 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

If you needed reassurance that salary cap panic is overblown (every single year...) then here you are

Even though the Saints are further over the cap than us, they can outright cut Kwon Alexander, Ryan Ramczyk and Marshon Lattimore and save 34.47 against the cap with zero dead money.

Probably easier for them to get under the cap than the Eagles, and they can lower the tagged Marcus Williams number by signing to a deal.

Sometimes assigning the cap is a procedural move as part of a handshake agreement before a contract is signed, so the player can not be tagged again at the end of the new deal.

I got Sewell, Grant, Perkins, and St. Brown in the first 3 rounds of my no-trades PFF mock draft last night in case any of you were wondering how good of a virtual GM I am.

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Paperwork must have been late getting into the league office 

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I got Sewell, Grant, Perkins, and St. Brown in the first 3 rounds of my no-trades PFF mock draft last night in case any of you were wondering how good of a virtual GM I am.

Not very.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Paperwork must have been late getting into the league office 

Courier must have taken a bad angle and missed the league office completely.

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Everyone is running a 4.3 this offseason. 

Well, if Pitts doesn’t...

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not very.

Courier must have taken a bad angle and missed the league office completely.

It would be an outrageously good draft. Too bad it's not very realistic.

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

It would be an outrageously good draft. Too bad it's not very realistic.

I just traded back twice and got Grant with my 4th selection.  I have that site though.  How do you see all of  your teams picks without having to scroll the entire draft ??

Just now, downundermike said:

I just traded back twice and got Grant with my 4th selection.  I have that site though.  How do you see all of  your teams picks without having to scroll the entire draft ??

Yeah, it's not my favorite either. I like to switch it up though because sites have pretty different player rankings. I don't think you can see your picks. The default settings are bad, too. Bengals took Fields in mine. 

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, it's not my favorite either. I like to switch it up though because sites have pretty different player rankings. I don't think you can see your picks. The default settings are bad, too. Bengals took Fields in mine. 

pro football network is the best, and they keep the rankings updated regularly.

31 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

You guys think you want a 23 year old top 10 pick until he deals with a nagging injury in year 1 or 2 and then you're writing his obituary when he's 25 and "maxed out." 

Howie should definitely account for ages of these prospects

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Howie should definitely account for ages of these prospects

Any 26-28 year old's in the draft ??

Just now, RLC said:

Least surprising thing.

Yes and no.  Not surprising because his speed is legit.  Somewhat surprising because he missed most of the year and not one player across the NCAA could top him.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Yes and no.  Not surprising because his speed is legit.  Somewhat surprising because he missed most of the year and not one player across the NCAA could top him.

Jaylen Waddle's speed is so special I'd understand picking him at 6, even if it's "bad value".

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

pro football network is the best, and they keep the rankings updated regularly.

Really like their simulator and the trades feature.  Everything flows so seamlessly. They just updated their rankings today too.

Still can't figure out why they have S Paris Ford so low though. Have him ranked around 200 overall, whereas CBS has him ranked around 60. That's quite the spread.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Jaylen Waddle's speed is so special I'd understand picking him at 6, even if it's "bad value".

I can't tell if he has DJack speed because he's slightly more built that him so he "looks" slower.  He blazes for sure.

Out on drafting a WR in the 1st whose primary attribute is his speed.  We see these burners go in the 1st of the draft every year and never pan out as worth it.  

Archived