EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

32 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

304 is awfully light for a tackle

I want nothing to do with a 3rd capable starting LT on the team when we have holes at every position on the roster.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I wish I were a tackle

10 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Chase played against better corners. It’s not like Jefferson took coverage away from him either. 

Right. I do like Pitts, but don't overthink it. Chase is just what the Eagles need. A stud  WR that solidifies the position. Just grab him if you want to stay at 6 and he's there. Eagles like to think they are the smartest in the room and give each other high fives. We all saw how Lurie gives a high five as well. 
I am in the boat of trading down to take a defensive player or OL. Anywhere between 8-15, trading back twice if it presents itself. To the 7-10 range then to agin to the 13-16 range. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Meh. Pretty convenient this source came up with the exact middle of the widely believed "anywhere between $180 and $185M.”

182.5 would be pretty damn crappy 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Meh. Pretty convenient this source came up with the exact middle of the widely believed "anywhere between $180 and $185M.”

182.5 would be pretty damn crappy 

Frank is such a damn moron. Nine months from now he's gonna be calling half the fan base idiots for doubting Reagor.

"1. It’s too early to call Jalen Reagor a bust, but nobody would be surprised if the Eagles draft a WR at No. 6 and if Travis Fulgham and the rookie wind up starting."

15 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Frank is such a damn moron. Nine months from now he's gonna be calling half the fan base idiots for doubting Reagor.

"1. It’s too early to call Jalen Reagor a bust, but nobody would be surprised if the Eagles draft a WR at No. 6 and if Travis Fulgham and the rookie wind up starting."

Reagor is Agholor. He’ll have a similar Eagles legacy minus the Super Bowl 

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Parcells was always an overrated blowhard; he had opinions on QBs, but no track record at all of selecting or developing any great QBs.  He inherited Simms with the Giants, brought in Testaverde with the Jets (as well as future stops), and inherited Romo in DAL.  Drafted Chad Henne in MIA and he became a career backup.

His formula is becoming obsolete with the vast majority of first round QBs declaring after their junior seasons.

He didn't inherit Romo.  They signed him as a rookie free agent in Parcells first year. 

12 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Reagor isn't a mental headcase and doesn't have and didn't show an issue with catching the ball.  Also unlike Agholor, Reagor actually flashed at times as a rookie.  

21 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

What in the world do they have in common other than being fast 1st round picks who underachieved in year 1?

12 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Waddle can run routes, has good hands, and is smooth on the field.  He's not a go route only guy.

I enjoy watching him destroy angles after the catch on those shallow crossers.  Might be a nice fit in Sirianni's offense.

30 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Could see that, I don't think he will be as good as Agholor's best though, 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yeah, I'd want him to get a little more beef for G as well. 

Btw Jason Avant’s new podcast is incredible. At least these first 2 episodes. Confirms a lot of what we thought about the team (especially because he was at the Novacare last year) but also probably more positive than I would have expected.

He is nice about it but you get the sense he wants to say that the Eagles coaching staff/front office is an absolute dumpster fire.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I could shoot lightening bolts out of my arse this morning, but we all know that’s not gonna happen.  Lurie and Howie are to dumb to use a smokescreen.   You give them too much credit.  Further more, it is definitely Lurie’s style to go all in on supporting Hurts.  Especially after the Wentz debacle and the "qb factory” BS. It’s just dumb to announce it now.  

Maybe he learned his lesson, didn’t want Hurts demanding a trade. Recency bias 🤓

16 hours ago, vikas83 said:

I figured it was for work, but what economy or business activity is there to speak of in WV? Are you in the meth business? Moonshine?

And my aunt and uncle live in the apartment above the Kwik-E-Mart, not in my house. They work for me.

There's a guy Mike31mt in CVON who is loud and proud WV. He fits the stereotype exquisitely. 

I think it depends on what part of W. Virginia. The eastern part around Martinsburg isn't far from Hagerstown and Frederick MD. but far enough from the NOVA mess. I imagine if one were an outdoorsy type like our departed QB W. Virginia might be like the song says "Almost heaven, West Virgina".

26 minutes ago, rambo said:

I enjoy watching him destroy angles after the catch on those shallow crossers.  Might be a nice fit in Sirianni's offense.

Yea, he makes guys look silly, he's just gone.  He can split a defense with ease.

Jaylen Waddle will be this years Henry Ruggs, people will talk his speed up the draft board and then he'll turn out not to be so great when he isn't in a college offense that's got a huge talent advantage over pretty much everyone they play.

53 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

What in the world do they have in common other than being fast 1st round picks who underachieved in year 1?

Agholor had nice agility and always ran good routes, but his deep speed was actually lacking, especially for a lightweight finesse WR.  He also showed confidence issues and an inability to track a deep ball almost immediately.

Reagor showed great deep speed on college film, then ran a slow 40 with bad agility drills, and looked fairly sluggish as a rookie with poor routes.  Not sure if he can or cannot track since he was only open and targeted on a deep ball once all year, but he did bring it in.

I think the only real similarity is that they both had bad rookie years.

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hilarious.  Play style is basically identical, but I think Chazz actually thumps a little more on contact.

Does Parsons cry in the poop tent if he misses a tackle?  

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So Reagor isn't a finished product but Ruggs is?  Great insight.  :roll:

Did Ruggs 'game breaking speed' and route running amount to anything close to justifying his selection as WR1 in last years draft?

Plus I haven't said anything about Reagor in this thread, I think Reagor is the worst pick Howie made last year. 

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I get what you're saying but it's notable that Diggs or Thielen never went for 1400 yards in Minnie when defenses were focussing on everyone else, Thielen was pacing for about 700 yards the year before Jefferson arrived.

I agree on Chase in so far as I wouldn't take a guy who hasn't played a snap of football in over a year at 6 either, regardless of what he did the year before that.

Thielen had 1373 yards in 2018

Calvin cook rushed for just over 600 yards that year 

As opposed to rushing for over 1500 last season.

Like I said he was in a favorable situation with a qb known to rack up yards a veteran pro bowl receiver opposite him and a really good running game.

Having said that the guy played light out will be interesting to see if he can keep it up.

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Btw Jason Avant’s new podcast is incredible. At least these first 2 episodes. Confirms a lot of what we thought about the team (especially because he was at the Novacare last year) but also probably more positive than I would have expected.

He is nice about it but you get the sense he wants to say that the Eagles coaching staff/front office is an absolute dumpster fire.

Agreed. Some highlights for me:

-- Avant seems to really like Reagor. Compared him to Jeremy Maclin coming out of the Big 12 and adjusting to not getting free releases and running by people at will. Thinks Reagor "has that dog in him" and "hates" the constant talk about Justin Jefferson (was framed as a positive that it will motivate him to get better, not as him being bitter). Thinks he'll wind up being a really good player and having continuity at WR coach will help him.

-- Praised John Hightower's routes and game speed, going as far as saying he was the team's best route runner. His major, and probably fatal, flaw -- he's scared to get hit.

-- Praised Darius Slay for making Quez Watkins a better player. Said Quez couldn't do anything against Slay early on when he was on the scout team and that Slay wouldn't let up on him. "Night and day" difference in Quez's skill level from beginning of the year to the end.

-- Confirmed Fulgham had issues mentally dealing with Alshon taking his snaps. Likes Fulgham's movement ability for his size and his aggressiveness as a blocker, but he needs to mature.

Pod is really a must listen and both guys are actually likeable.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's pretty stupid to compare Ruggs to Waddle and assume Waddle would be a bust because of another players first year, where he missed games in a pandemic year with no mini camp or preseason games in a new stadium that looks like a spaceship in a city with legalized gambling.  

It's also a totally lazy comparison.  Anyone who watches Bama games can see that Waddle has all kinds of juice to his game, not just straight speed.  Ruggs has jets but doesn't nearly have the wiggle ane elusiveness that Waddle has.  Not even close to be the same player.

i think Waddle will end up being the better pro.  I can easily convince myself to trade down a few slots and take him.

Archived