Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Any 26-28 year old's in the draft ??

Don't know but I think he should stay away from anyone over 23

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Remember when Jefferson was only good cause Chase drew coverage? 

That’s not exactly how the argument went...

36 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Slater ran an unofficial 4.3 

Yup, not too surprised by this, but it's good he met expectations.

The issues or knocks on him are mainly his shorter arms for tackle, I imagine most teams will have him at guard.

He'd be great in a zone blocking scheme.

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup, not too surprised by this, but it's good he met expectations.

The issues or knocks on him are mainly his shorter arms for tackle, I imagine most teams will have him at guard.

He'd be great in a zone blocking scheme.

Yea I think he’s going to be best at G. No idea why there was a brief period draft Twitter had him over Sewell 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea I think he’s going to be best at G. No idea why there was a brief period draft Twitter had him over Sewell 

Yeah I remember seeing that and thought am I missing something, Sewell has prototypical size and is pretty athletic as well and isnt a tweeter.

Slater can play all over the line and has ,but for nfl projects to be a guard or center and top interior OL don't normally go before top OTs at least I can't remember a time a top guard has gone over a top tackle?

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not to mention the crap development this team has shown over the past 5 years.  

That too, I'm not sure the eagles lack of being able to coach up or implement receivers would have done jefferson any favors.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Jefferson was in a pretty good situation in Minnesota, defenses had to worry about cook and thielen and jefferson drew lighter coverage not to mention cousins is a great stat padder. He doesn't win but he passes for 4000 yards every year.

Put jefferson In Philly with all the dysfunction going on last year and he most likely struggles as well.

Having said that I'm not a fan of chase at least not at 6, he just doesn't have any elite traits to me.

Then again I wasn't a fan of jefferson coming out either and he shut me up.

It'll be interesting to see what Jefferson does in year 2.  He'll have more attention thrown his way for sure.

19 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

It'll be interesting to see what Jefferson does in year 2.  He'll have more attention thrown his way for sure.

Yup, I think it's going to be difficult for him to match his rookie numbers, we'll see though.

44 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah I remember seeing that and thought am I missing something, Sewell has prototypical size and is pretty athletic as well and isnt a tweeter.

Slater can play all over the line and has ,but for nfl projects to be a guard or center and top interior OL don't normally go before top OTs at least I can't remember a time a top guard has gone over a top tackle?

Scherff. He fits that College T but will be IOL like Slater 

20 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Tried to draft like I think the Eagles will 

54D1670C-C464-4FE0-8218-35B95425320B.jpeg

Thanks I hate it 

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Meh. Pretty convenient this source came up with the exact middle of the widely believed "anywhere between $180 and $185M.”

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

What formula?

26 Wonderlic, 27 starts, 60+ Completion ratio

or 

Parcells’

Be a three-year starter

Be a senior in college

Graduate from college

Start 30 games

Win 23 games

Post a 2-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio

Complete at least 60 percent of passes thrown

Both work as a good rule of thumb for picking QBs.  Jalen Hurts fits all of Parcells and only misses on Wonderlic for the 26/27/60.  This year, only Lawrence and Wilson  one close.  Awful year for QBs  

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

That’s not exactly how the argument went...

Pretty close. This time last year I remember reading lots of posts saying Chase was the guy that made him look good.

28 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

26 Wonderlic, 27 starts, 60+ Completion ratio

or 

Parcells’

Be a three-year starter

Be a senior in college

Graduate from college

Start 30 games

Win 23 games

Post a 2-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio

Complete at least 60 percent of passes thrown

Both work as a good rule of thumb for picking QBs.  Jalen Hurts fits all of Parcells and only misses on Wonderlic for the 26/27/60.  This year, only Lawrence and Wilson  one close.  Awful year for QBs  

Parcells was always an overrated blowhard; he had opinions on QBs, but no track record at all of selecting or developing any great QBs.  He inherited Simms with the Giants, brought in Testaverde with the Jets (as well as future stops), and inherited Romo in DAL.  Drafted Chad Henne in MIA and he became a career backup.

His formula is becoming obsolete with the vast majority of first round QBs declaring after their junior seasons.

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If that were the case then how would I be posting now......hmmm?

And I don't wear my wifes G-string...................................

cell phone

8 hours ago, Utebird said:

Jefferson was in a pretty good situation in Minnesota, defenses had to worry about cook and thielen and jefferson drew lighter coverage not to mention cousins is a great stat padder. He doesn't win but he passes for 4000 yards every year.

Put jefferson In Philly with all the dysfunction going on last year and he most likely struggles as well.

Having said that I'm not a fan of chase at least not at 6, he just doesn't have any elite traits to me.

Then again I wasn't a fan of jefferson coming out either and he shut me up.

I get what you're saying but it's notable that Diggs or Thielen never went for 1400 yards in Minnie when defenses were focussing on everyone else, Thielen was pacing for about 700 yards the year before Jefferson arrived.

I agree on Chase in so far as I wouldn't take a guy who hasn't played a snap of football in over a year at 6 either, regardless of what he did the year before that.

12 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

If you needed reassurance that salary cap panic is overblown (every single year...) then here you are

Brees restructured his contract to drop his cap number by $24million and may even retire, he won't carry a dead cap hit like our departing QB did, that frees up a crap ton of money, They've got 4 or 5 young guys they could extend and restructure to save 7 or 8 million a pop this year because unlike us they drafted well and haven't been tacking on void years for older guys like the bill is never going to come due.

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Slater ran an unofficial 4.3 

304 is awfully light for a tackle

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

304 is awfully light for a tackle

It's light, but it's not outlandishly light, Armstead and Whitworth both go under 310 I believe

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Seumalo already had voided years tacked into his deal...

At least he'll be on the roster. 

Archived