EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok @Mike31mt, I tagged you. I don’t think you are a moron because you voted for Trump - hell, I am a registered Republican and have never voted for a Democrat in my life. And I don’t think you’re a moron because you are from West Virginia. In fact, I don’t think you are a moron at all. After reading your posts for years, I am know you are a complete effing moron. 

How is that for coming at you like a man? Happy now?

Anyway, back to the draft, I would do backflips to get Sewell at 6, but I can’t see Cincy passing on him. I think it is Chase or trade back. 

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Any 26-28 year old's in the draft ??

Make sure they are a volunteer firefighter too. 

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Exactly, and I could be wrong but wasn't Thorson on the Cowboys practice squad all year too?  

On cowpads in 2019. Last year on giants PS and actually was activated when Jones was out, then back to the PS.  They signed him to a futures contract.  Think my comment about QB draft formula.  Thorson did start for four years but barely cracked 60% completion rate and only the last two years.  Only his sophomore year did he crack the 2:1 TD:Int ratio.  

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Best draft options:

1. Pitts runs a 4.3, proves he's an X wr, and we draft him after a trade down.  (Not happening).

2. Draft Waddle after a trade down.

3. Pitts runs a 4.3, proves he's an X wr, just get him at #6.

4.  Sewell falls and we get him at 6.  May create a logjam, but that's a win.

5. I'm not really thrilled with Chase/Smith at 6.  That's likely what we get.

Insert trade down to 12ish and draft Horn as the #1 option.

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Out on drafting a WR in the 1st whose primary attribute is his speed.  We see these burners go in the 1st of the draft every year and never pan out as worth it.  

Waddle can run routes, has good hands, and is smooth on the field.  He's not a go route only guy.

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Waddle is ranked ahead of Smith now, on TDN. 

I love Waddle...but trading back for Horn or Parsons would be ideal.  Give me Dardon in the 3rd. @downundermike I'm curious where you see that kid going...all the sites have him as a 4th or 5th rounder.  

22 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Out on drafting a WR in the 1st whose primary attribute is his speed.  We see these burners go in the 1st of the draft every year and never pan out as worth it.  

Marquise Brown, Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins (pre-injury) were all good.
Yes there are busts too (John Ross, Corey Coleman) 

15 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

I love Waddle...but trading back for Horn or Parsons would be ideal.  Give me Dardon in the 3rd. @downundermike I'm curious where you see that kid going...all the sites have him as a 4th or 5th rounder.  

4th - 6th round.  Just started looking at him.  His size is an issue, but he can do things with the ball in his hands.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

Marquise Brown, Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins (pre-injury) were all good.

I wouldn't spend a first on any of those guys with the hindsight of their careers. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Cooks and especially Watkins (who was a top 5 pick in any draft) weren't speed only guys. 

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

4th - 6th round.  Just started looking at him.  His size is an issue, but he can do things with the ball in his hands.

I think he comps well to TY Hilton, who was a 2nd round pick right?

Nitpicking, but Brown has struggled a good bit. Drops and can't get off the line.

27 minutes ago, RLC said:

They’re all number 2 receivers at best. 

48 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Surratt is off my board after his lousy speed and measurables

I think Surratt is going to be what the Eagles hoped Davion Taylor could be.

I think the safest route to go at #6 is Jamar Chase. Unless he has character issues, he should be the pick if he’s available. He was the best WR on a team that also had last year’s ROTY at the same position. 

45 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

On cowpads in 2019. Last year on giants PS and actually was activated when Jones was out, then back to the PS.  They signed him to a futures contract.  Think my comment about QB draft formula.  Thorson did start for four years but barely cracked 60% completion rate and only the last two years.  Only his sophomore year did he crack the 2:1 TD:Int ratio.  

What formula?

34 minutes ago, RLC said:

DHB

12 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

I think he comps well to TY Hilton, who was a 2nd round pick right?

A little smaller, a little faster but a good comp.  TY was a 3rd rd pick.  I think Dardon would be more Tyreek Hill, explosive, while Hilton is more Fitzgerald, consistent / reliable.

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

DHB

Going a bit further back, Troy Williamson.

On 3/8/2021 at 5:02 PM, schuy7 said:

The Eagles are infatuated with Hurts because of some analytics/statistical study they've done where Hurts ranks behind only Patrick Mahomes in terms of on field awareness. His perception of where he's at on the field and how it relates to the other players is off the charts, according to their study. I can't remember where I heard or read this though.

The problem is this is 99% based off a great college football player dominating sorry Big-12 defenses. I'm not sure if they really get that.

James thrash is king

21 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think the safest route to go at #6 is Jamar Chase. Unless he has character issues, he should be the pick if he’s available. He was the best WR on a team that also had last year’s ROTY at the same position. 

Did Chase benefit from how good Jefferson was, and not the other way around as people said before the draft last year.  Jefferson proved he is all that.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did Chase benefit from how good Jefferson was, and not the other way around as people said before the draft last year.  Jefferson proved he is all that.

Chase played against better corners. It’s not like Jefferson took coverage away from him either. 

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jefferson was in a pretty good situation in Minnesota, defenses had to worry about cook and thielen and jefferson drew lighter coverage not to mention cousins is a great stat padder. He doesn't win but he passes for 4000 yards every year.

Put jefferson In Philly with all the dysfunction going on last year and he most likely struggles as well.

Having said that I'm not a fan of chase at least not at 6, he just doesn't have any elite traits to me.

Then again I wasn't a fan of jefferson coming out either and he shut me up.

57 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

DHB

1 hour ago, RLC said:

It's easy to run off the list of names who ran ultra low 4.3's and were busts.

Should we name all the WR's who ran 4.48-4.58 and were busts?  Not sure the board has the bandwidth.

38 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Chase played against better corners. It’s not like Jefferson took coverage away from him either. 

Remember when Jefferson was only good cause Chase drew coverage? 

Archived