Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

31 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I agree , build team first then get a QB

 

"I’ve seen a lot of teams that have had things in place then drafted their quarterback next year. This could be one of those situations where we put all the other pieces in place and then a year or two from now the right guy is there and we can make that move," Rivera said. 

He says that picking at 19. Let’s see what he would do if he picked 5th. 

Vertical slot!

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Would Howie draft a LB with the first pick when that position has been pretty much ignored for years?

Would he really want to bank on LB for the first pick?

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He says that picking at 19. Let’s see what he would do if he picked 5th. 

Vertical slot!

I think he might go after a free agent QB , once rest of team is in place , you drafted a rookie top 10 , you could still be years away , if the rookie ever amounts to anything , more often than not , they don’t .

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He says that picking at 19. Let’s see what he would do if he picked 5th. 

Vertical slot!

Hes definitely been one of my mid-round targets. Maybe he goes earlier than expected. But theres a million WRs you can say that about theres gotta be some left in the mid rounds. 

36 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think he might go after a free agent QB , once rest of team is in place , you drafted a rookie top 10 , you could still be years away , if the rookie ever amounts to anything , more often than not , they don’t .

You need to be able to look beyond the bizarre situation that your Bucs lucked into.  That’s not the only SB blueprint.

The Vikings had a very good roster, broke the bank on the best FA qb to hit the market in years, and it blew up in their face.

Great qbs don’t just sit on the open market.  And when they do, you better have unprecedented cap space.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

You need to be able to look beyond the bizarre situation that your Bucs lucked into.  That’s not the only SB blueprint.

The Vikings had a very good roster, broke the bank on the best FA qb to hit the market in years, and it blew up in their face.

Great qbs don’t just sit on the open market.  And when they do, you better have unprecedented cap space.

Cousins was over paid , and the vikes  were not a complete team 

as far as Brady , I agree , not often the goat is available , he also signed for very reasonable amount , 25 million per year is cheap . He was also smart enough to go to a team a QB away from contending 

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

Unpopular: I would take Lance. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Unpopular: I would take Lance. 

I thought about that as well. He might actually at that point be the best player on the board if you were willing to invest at QB. I would listen to offers with his value at 12 and see what the Patriots and bears would offer

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

I agree, I can't see Farley after having a disc replaced in his back. 

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

This seems very clearly Smith to me. 

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

I agree, I can't see Farley after having a disc replaced in his back. 

The Eagles were burned by Sidney Jones. I just can’t imagine a rabbit-eared organization and GM would have the guts to draft an injured CB that high anytime soon. 

Id be very happy with Parsons or Smith in that scenario.

I wouldnt like taking Lance, but Id come around on it. I dont think he will be the franchise guy. I have no idea how messy itll be for him and Hurts battling to be the starter this year.  Id like it for the possibility of trading one, or both of them in the near future. Because really, you should take a QB because he is your guy. Not just because he is the BPA. Taken for that reason itd be really hard to ever really gain confidence in him. But Id like him as a trade asset. 

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

I guess this front office takes Slater which does make some sense. I would move him into guard immediately though. I love Smith and would hope for him. Think he is the leader this receiver room needs and he is just outstanding on and off the field. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

Slater all day.

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

Smith or Slater and I'm happy with either one of them.

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to the eagle eye podcast mock draft. Curious to see where everyone would go if the board fell this way (frankly i don’t think it broke their way. I also think the Panthers pick is more likely to be a OL than surtain with how had their oline was)

1. Jags— Lawrence QB

2. Jets— Wilson QB

3. SF— jones QB

4. atlanta— Pitts TE

5. Cincy— Sewell OT

6. Fins— Chase Wr

7. lions— Waddle WR

8. Carolina— Surtain CB

9. Broncos— fields QB

10. Cowboys— Horn CB

11. Giants— Phillips DE

 

the selection they made for the eagles was Farley. I can’t see the eagles making that pick with his back injury. I think it would realistically come down to smith or slater. Maybe even trade out with trey Lance on the board still

I just dont see the draft panning out that way. Have a feeling you will have at least one team trading into that top 11. Board will def be a little different then it is right now.

 I also don;t thisnk we see Pitts going at pick 4. First I see the Falcons moving out of that pick for a team looking for a QB. Second I think he slides just because of his title. I like him as a WR or as I say a versatile receiver but some people cant get over labels and see that "TE" label attached to him and think he shouldnt be drafted that high. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I just dont see the draft panning out that way. Have a feeling you will have at least one team trading into that top 11. Board will def be a little different then it is right now.

 I also don;t thisnk we see Pitts going at pick 4. First I see the Falcons moving out of that pick for a team looking for a QB. Second I think he slides just because of his title. I like him as a WR or as I say a versatile receiver but some people cant get over labels and see that "TE" label attached to him and think he shouldnt be drafted that high. 

I don’t disagree however they didn’t do trades. So if the board fell that way that’s what you choose from. I don’t think pitts goes 4 and a team trades up for a QB like fields. However i also don’t see him falling to 12 so either way there’s a chance all those players are off the board. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hes definitely been one of my mid-round targets. Maybe he goes earlier than expected. But theres a million WRs you can say that about theres gotta be some left in the mid rounds. 

It’s like last year. Intriguing mid-round guys were available, but we aren’t in a position to wait until the mid rounds to address it. We need one in the first three rounds. Maybe we double dip, but I tend to doubt it with an already really young WR room. I’d like to give Hightower and Watkins another year before burying them. 

That makes it...

1. Reagor

2. Early round WR

3. Ward (sigh...)

4-6. Watkins/Hightower/Fulgham

7. JJAW

 

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The Eagles were burned by Sidney Jones. I just can’t imagine a rabbit-eared organization and GM would have the guts to draft an injured CB that high anytime soon. 

Farley is a much better prospect and he didn't have an Achilles tear

4 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Farley is a much better prospect and he didn't have an Achilles tear

Farley had a ACL tear in 2017 Now a back injury. No way we touch him. 

2 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Farley is a much better prospect and he didn't have an Achilles tear

In some ways, lumbar spine surgery is worse, especially if this is his 2nd one, as some have reported.

6 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Farley is a much better prospect and he didn't have an Achilles tear

Opt out. ACL tear. Missed games with back spasms. Herniated disc. Surgery for microdiscectomy. 

I’d be shocked if the Eagles gave serious consideration to him in round 1. 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.