Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

I'm as excited about Mailata as the next guy, but he still has quite a bit of work to do before we can lock him in as an excellent starting tackle for next 8-10 years.  Some durability would be a start.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s like last year. Intriguing mid-round guys were available, but we aren’t in a position to wait until the mid rounds to address it. We need one in the first three rounds. Maybe we double dip, but I tend to doubt it with an already really young WR room. I’d like to give Hightower and Watkins another year before burying them. 

That makes it...

1. Reagor

2. Early round WR

3. Ward (sigh...)

4-6. Watkins/Hightower/Fulgham

7. JJAW

 

I think  you can double dip and not write off last years picks.

In a draft sim I did yesterday I had Marshall, and..... I cant remember the other one lets say Smith-Marsette for the sake of it...

But youd have Marshall/Fulgham at X

Reagor/Hightower/Smith-Marsette/Quez at Z

Ward/Quez Watkins/Smith-Marsette at slot

 

Say you keep 6, you probably have Hightower and Ward battling for the last spot. Thats not a bad thing. 

Id like to see Marshall and Reagor outside, with Quez in the slot. 

Fulgham, Ward, and either Hightower and Smith-Marsette as depth. Would look pretty good imo. That would be good camp battles in those depth positions.

40 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Unpopular: I would take Lance. 

I'd laugh if they take a QB simply because all of the Wentz hate and Hurts praise for only 4 games

If Nick loves a QB in here then they should get him his guy but I'm worried his supporting cast will suck like it did for Wentz for years again

Eagles need help at so many positions

Good thing is that Lance will only be 21 this year so when we finally get everything together he wont be too old

I'm hoping that Howie is factoring in age of these prospects

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd laugh if they take a QB simply because all of the Wentz hate and Hurts praise for only 4 games

If Nick loves a QB in here then they should get him his guy but I'm worried his supporting cast will suck like it did for Wentz for years again

Eagles need help at so many positions

Good thing is that Lance will only be 21 this year so when we finally get everything together he wont be too old

I'm hoping that Howie is factoring in age of these prospects

I went back to watch some of our WRs last year to see what we can expect from them moving forward.

My main takeaway was that Wentz and Hurts were both horrific passers in 2020.  It was really hard to move past that and watch other parts of the game.  Then I noticed that Watkins has more talent than we give him credit for.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I went back to watch some of our WRs last year to see what we can expect from them moving forward.

My main takeaway was that Wentz and Hurts were both horrific passers in 2020.  It was really hard to move past that and watch other parts of the game.  Then I noticed that Watkins has more talent than we give him credit for.

The QBs were bad, but so were the WRs. What look like bad throws were terrible/wrong routes by the WRs. 

Watching the Cardinals-Eagles replay on NFLN, I was reminded by how much Reagor let a little physicality slow him down. It was frustrating to see a little tug from the DB slow him down for several strides. 

4 hours ago, blindside said:

I just landed in Dallas and have a three hour layover here. I feel gross. 

If DFW, they have Pappasito’s Cantinas at A and C terminals.  Just drink a couple of the platinum margaritas and you won’t care that there is a Dallas Cowboys bar there. 

3 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

For me? Smith. I can't see the front office going LB at 12

Way to early for James Smith.  Like him with one of the sixth round comp picks. 

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The QBs were bad, but so were the WRs. What look like bad throws were terrible/wrong routes by the WRs. 

We basically had the least efficient pass offense in the nfl.  Things don’t deteriorate as badly as they did without bad QB play, bad WRs, and bad pass protection.  
 

If you have even one of those units working in your favor, you’ll likely be better than we were.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Unpopular: I would take Lance. 

Yup, take Lance in that scenario and start fresh with your new HC. With 3 first rounders next year, you have more than enough ammo to rebuild this team around Lance.

 

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I seldom agree with Afan...but Afan, of all people, said that Lurie is likely embarrassed by the stories of his failed meddling and may back off.  

That's interesting, mostly because when these stories first started coming out and it was suggested lurie might change once fans caught wind i thought he was the one saying "if you listen to the fans you'll be sitting with them" or whatever that stupid phrase is

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

That's interesting, mostly because when these stories first started coming out and it was suggested lurie might change once fans caught wind i thought he was the one saying "if you listen to the fans you'll be sitting with them" or whatever that stupid phrase is

If Lurie changes, it won’t be from fan pressure or embarrassment. It’ll be because he reflected on his dealings with Pederson and saw the toll stupid questioning us on a head coach. 

On a related note, Caplan on his podcast said that Halaby has rubbed the previous two coaching staffs the wrong way. Chip Kelly loved analytics and couldn’t stand him. It’s clear Pederson didn’t love him. He said he wasn’t trusted, or something to that effect.  

It makes you wonder if he’s simply presenting information or if he’s trying to tell the coaches how to coach. There’s a thin line between giving the coaching staff probabilities and trends in raw data and trying to direct them to being a slave to your numbers. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

On a related note, Caplan on his podcast said that Halaby has rubbed the previous two coaching staffs the wrong way. Chip Kelly loved analytics and couldn’t stand him. It’s clear Pederson didn’t love him. He said he wasn’t trusted, or something to that effect.   

I think a lot of Caplan's team sources are from the scouting department. He is super critical of certain players while defending others. For example, he was extremely high on Maddox as an outside corner before the season, and is now saying ridiculous things about him being a sure thing at slot corner. That info is clearly coming directly from someone who had a hand in drafting him, and it is likely no one in analytics was behind it.

On the other hand, he makes it sound like Shaun Bradley has no future in the league as anything but a special teamer, and is constantly saying that he's not athletic enough, which seems like a strange take to me considering his RAS is fine.  

7 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I think a lot of Caplan's team sources are from the scouting department. He is super critical of certain players while defending others. For example, he was extremely high on Maddox as an outside corner before the season, and is now saying ridiculous things about him being a sure thing at slot corner. That info is clearly coming directly from someone who had a hand in drafting him, and it is likely no one in analytics was behind it.

On the other hand, he makes it sound like Shaun Bradley has no future in the league as anything but a special teamer, and is constantly saying that he's not athletic enough, which seems like a strange take to me considering his RAS is fine.  

He called Maddox a supreme slot corner and will be one of the best in the league. Though I can't recall if it's what sources told him or if that was his opinion. Regardless that's pretty Fing stupid. Nothing about Maddox says he will be supreme at anything on the field 

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Unpopular: I would take Lance. 

I'm on board with Lance at 12. He's got the talent to be an All-Pro.

You can even hedge your bet next year by pushing some of that draft capital into 2023, then 2024 depending on how he is looking.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

 

I have a hard time believing the 49ers traded all they did to move up to 3 without a clear target in mind. This sounds like more due diligence than anything else. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I have a hard time believing the 49ers traded all they did to move up to 3 without a clear target in mind. This sounds like more due diligence than anything else. 

Honestly, none of their trade up makes sense. They’re paying three 1s and a 3 for the third QB in the draft. It’s crazy, no matter who it ends up being. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Honestly, none of their trade up makes sense. They’re paying three 1s and a 3 for the third QB in the draft. It’s crazy, no matter who it ends up being. 

They like chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry 

40 minutes ago, TEW said:

I'm on board with Lance at 12. He's got the talent to be an All-Pro.

You can even hedge your bet next year by pushing some of that draft capital into 2023, then 2024 depending on how he is looking.

The only 2 QB's in this draft that make sense for the Eagles (regardless of where our pick sits) are Trey Lance and Davis Mills from Stanford.

Lance clearly needs a red shirt year, which means he doesn't suffer the developmental carnage of playing in this dreadful offense.  Then you have 3 first round picks to get him blockers and receivers in 2022.

Mills is a developmental arm talent who also won't suffer dealing with our offense this year.

We don't want someone to step in this year anyway.  So defer the production in exchange for more upside and value in drafting the QB later.

In order to draft a QB #12 overall, you have to really like everything about him and want to make him your franchise QB.

If you feel that way about a QB, you just stay put at #6 and take him there.  So obviously the Eagles don't.

If they draft Lance at #12, they are basically Dillard-ing him...just nabbing a player they see as good value because they weren't supposed to be available at that point, but never really coveted themselves.

6 hours ago, Swoop said:

Sure you do, especially one that can just as easily play tackle and center as well. 

OL as boring as it is will never be seen as bad value, at least to me. A strong OL can do a lot for a team, especially when we have so many question marks on our own.

Oh yes, the classic draft trope that OL is always the right pick despite not being "sexy." A 4-win team that hasn't drafted a Pro Bowl WR or CB in over 10 years doesn't need a guard at #12, dude. Period.

5 minutes ago, Sturm said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha POS

He's probably got bigger cans than the girl he met up with. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.