Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I would be shocked if it isn't Jones.

Shanny talks about mobile QBs and how it takes the game from 11 on 10 , to 11 on 11 , Jones doesn’t offer that .

and any team with its finger on the pulse of the draft , would understand Jones is not a trade up to 3 , offering 3ones , QB

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I would be shocked if it isn't Jones.

I have no idea who it is at this point.  I think it should be Fields but nothing would surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't know what the rule in Texas is but in some states advising a client to delete their social media is an ethics violation.  It can be somewhat of a gray area but generally you can tell clients to change privacy settings, not accept any new friend requests but not to delete anything.  The timing of the deletion would be the only thing I think is potentially relevant. 

What does a social media account have to do with anything? An ethics violation? 

I don't get it.

Eagles could move up to #6!

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles could move up to #6!

They'll probably get more for #6 than they gave us.  

47 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The majority of the NFL QBs cannot make that throw.   

How often does a QB make that through over a NFL season? Twice?

85-90% of throws are with 20 yards of the LOS, I'm more interested if he can read a defense and recognize a DB cheating on a route.

12 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

They'll probably get more for #6 than they gave us.  

yup.  But Howie was smart to make that trade more than a month out we're told🙄

Just now, Original Sin said:

Shanny talks about mobile QBs and how it takes the game from 11 on 10 , to 11 on 11 , Jones doesn’t offer that .

and any team with its finger on the pulse of the draft , would understand Jones is not a trade up to 3 , offering 3ones , QB

I do think he wants to run more but he may view Jones as having better ability to throw with anticipation.  

44 minutes ago, Infam said:

What does a social media account have to do with anything? An ethics violation? 

I don't get it.

Well telling a client to get rid of potential evidence is always a problem.

51 minutes ago, Infam said:

What does a social media account have to do with anything? An ethics violation? 

I don't get it.

Watson's lawyer is stating that these folks had good experiences dealing with Watson, tried to book second appointments, and now are deleting that evidence.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's not a "crazy stat" because it's not even true. 2010 and 2011 he wasn't in the league. 2012 was Rodgers. 2013 was Tannehill. 2014 and 2015 was Bortles. 2016 was Taylor. 2017 was Brissett. The only one that comes close is 2019 when he tied with Murray and Ryan. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_single_season.htm

Think the stat is calculating the most sacked QB SINCE each of those years not IN those years. Hence why it can make sense.

38 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles could move up to #6!

Watch the Dolphins trade down to 11, get more than the Eagles got, then draft the player we are targeting.

4 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

6_5369165.jpg

 

68B87EF4-C742-4909-970B-BCE515A7AF0D.gif

Caplan said that timing was an issue with the Eagles late firing of Doug, otherwise he believes Arthur Smith would have been the Eagles’ coach. Smith had an offer from Atlanta obviously and didn’t want to wait around for the Eagles to complete their process. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Caplan said that timing was an issue with the Eagles late firing of Doug, otherwise he believes Arthur Smith would have been the Eagles’ coach. Smith had an offer from Atlanta obviously and didn’t want to wait around for the Eagles to complete their process. 

Well, he and Sirianni basically have identical qualifications, so ....

image.gif.edaf6516ea24612eae83f6bde1fdabf0.gif

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Well, he and Sirianni basically have identical qualifications, so ....

image.gif.edaf6516ea24612eae83f6bde1fdabf0.gif

Kind of odd that Lurie would like Smith that much considering his history as a run-first OC. 

And the EMB as well..............................

 

 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Kind of odd that Lurie would like Smith that much considering his history as a run-first OC. 

I think it’s natural he saw Smith as highly qualified given his results working with and turning Tannehill’s career around; might have thought he could have done the same for Wentz.

I also don’t buy into the "we will not run the ball” narrative that’s been reported.  If the team is winning consistently I really think Lurie won’t care about pass/run.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And the EMB as well..............................

 

 

I dunno, hard to pick one.

Kill Myself GIFs | Tenor

Kill Myself Peter Griffin GIF by Family Guy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Kill Myself GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Kill Myself GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The majority of the NFL QBs cannot make that throw.   

In a pro day situation, I don't see why they couldn't.

I view quarterback pro days kind of like those Dude Perfect videos.  While impressive, nothing to get excited about.

I mentioned  Derrick Barnes many times over the months  , I see he is getting some Twitter love today .

 

Sam Bradford had the "greatest pro day throwing workout of all time.”

Qbs throwing in shorts on their pro day is sort of like the 40 yard dash for a WR.

If it didn’t matter, they wouldn’t be asked to do it. It does.  But you are basically looking at raw ability.  At that point, it’s up to the coaches to decide if they can take a guy that makes all the throws effortlessly and make him do it in pads under duress...just as coaches need to figure out if they can make someone who runs 22mph in shorts and chews up 40 yards in 4.3 sec do it in pads under duress.

per Dan Orlovsky 
 

YOU DONT DRAFT A QB ON PRODUCTION

YOU DRAFT A QB ON PROJECTION

21 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

In a pro day situation, I don't see why they couldn't.

I view quarterback pro days kind of like those Dude Perfect videos.  While impressive, nothing to get excited about.

Maybe true of his initial pro day, but this session was more of a job interview for the Niners — much like Fields’ and Jones’ were.  There was a bit more pressure involved IMO 

50 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Well, he and Sirianni basically have identical qualifications, so ....

image.gif.edaf6516ea24612eae83f6bde1fdabf0.gif

Pretty much. Smith was TE coach for 3 years, OC for 2 years. Since Vrabel is a defensive coach, Smith had more autonomy than Sirianni, but wasn't mentored as well, before Vrabel, Mularky was the HC, and Robiskie the OC.

Truth is, I don't see much difference, depends on their interview, who they proposed as assistant coaches.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.