Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

18 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Sam Bradford had the "greatest pro day throwing workout of all time.”

Qbs throwing in shorts on their pro day is sort of like the 40 yard dash for a WR.

If it didn’t matter, they wouldn’t be asked to do it. It does.  But you are basically looking at raw ability.  At that point, it’s up to the coaches to decide if they can take a guy that makes all the throws effortlessly and make him do it in pads under duress...just as coaches need to figure out if they can make someone who runs 22mph in shorts and chews up 40 yards in 4.3 sec do it in pads under duress.

More than that, just because you have a great arm, strength and accuracy, when you're not under pressure, doesn't mean you can make those throws in a game.

Defenses want to knock you off your "spot," distract you and fool you. A lot of accuracy in game situations is anticipating which WR will come open and when, and putting the ball where only they can catch it. While this requires good mechanics and accuracy, it doesn't require a gun - a lot of QBs with "guns" never develop to elite levels b/c they depend on the gun to throw to an open WR through a tight window rather than see the WR come open. Cunningham, McNabb and Vick all had arms comparable to Lawrence or any other QB of the past decade.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Miami clearly wants Devonta Smith and knows they can get him at 8 or 9. Won't go past 11 due to the Giants.

33 minutes ago, RLC said:

Miami clearly wants Devonta Smith and knows they can get him at 8 or 9. Won't go past 11 due to the Giants.

I think it may very well be Waddle. 

3 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Scrubbing social media is problematic depending on when it happened.  If it happened post signing on as clients with Buzbee that's not good at all.   Again, this will play out through discovery but I imagine this is going to be some sort of protracted litigation.  

Personal experience, Buzbee had no issue with removing evidence from a scene before the defendants were allowed to inspect it.  Somehow scrubbing evidence doesn’t surprise me. 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fans after Phillies game are wound up tonight.  Had an Eagles chant.  Now a "Fire Howie” chant.   

Should be "Send Moniak back!"

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fans after Phillies game are wound up tonight.  Had an Eagles chant.  Now a "Fire Howie” chant.   

You wonder if Lurie is embarrassed or even cares about how much they are getting just trashed anymore.

I just can’t understand how negative some of you are. This is a hobby. We won the Super Bowl three years ago. We are rebuilding. We have a ton of assets the next couple of years. I’m excited about the rebuild and the new coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Miami clearly wants Devonta Smith and knows they can get him at 8 or 9. Won't go past 11 due to the Giants.

Let’s hope they don’t get the equivalent of what we did to move back to 9.  

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Watch the Dolphins trade down to 11, get more than the Eagles got, then draft the player we are targeting.

If that happens, Howie should be fired before we submit a pick at 12.  Find a new GM in 10 minutes, let a team leapfrog us, and let the new GM make the pick at 13.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Sam Bradford had the "greatest pro day throwing workout of all time.”

Qbs throwing in shorts on their pro day is sort of like the 40 yard dash for a WR.

If it didn’t matter, they wouldn’t be asked to do it. It does.  But you are basically looking at raw ability.  At that point, it’s up to the coaches to decide if they can take a guy that makes all the throws effortlessly and make him do it in pads under duress...just as coaches need to figure out if they can make someone who runs 22mph in shorts and chews up 40 yards in 4.3 sec do it in pads under duress.

No, that was Jeff George.

It was mythical. Literally the pro day all others are judged by 30 years later. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I just can’t understand how negative some of you are. This is a hobby. We won the Super Bowl three years ago. We are rebuilding. We have a ton of assets the next couple of years. I’m excited about the rebuild and the new coaching staff. 

I've been very negative as of late but it's hard not to when you have Lurie and Howie running the show.  I want to be excited about the possibilities but I'm just not.

I love the draft and having tons of picks, especially high picks but with this teams draft record it's really hard to get excited about it.  The more we talk about different scenarios or look at past draft mistakes it can drive you mad. 

SB52 was our high as Eagles fans.  It was amazing.  Rebuilding can be a fun process if the right guys are in charge.  Sadly, they aren't here.

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fans after Phillies game are wound up tonight.  Had an Eagles chant.  Now a "Fire Howie” chant.   

The boards are going to be real fun in 10 days!

I love philly fans

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've been very negative as of late but it's hard not to when you have Lurie and Howie running the show.  I want to be excited about the possibilities but I'm just not.

I love the draft and having tons of picks, especially high picks but with this teams draft record it's really hard to get excited about it.  The more we talk about different scenarios or look at past draft mistakes it can drive you mad. 

SB52 was our high as Eagles fans.  It was amazing.  Rebuilding can be a fun process if the right guys are in charge.  Sadly, they aren't here.

Yeah, I’m not sure why anyone should feel the need to explain why they’re negative about the team right now. It should be obvious. 

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

The boards are going to be real fun in 10 days!

I wonder if half the players even know wtf the fans are doing that for.  

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I wonder if half the players even know wtf the fans are doing that for.  

People are so sensitive.  Reading through comments about people mad there are Eagles chants at a Phillies game.  Do they live under a rock?  Even if they go 0-17, this is an Eagles first town.  There are how many MLB games?  160ish?  The season is young, the Phillies are bleh.  Yea, Eagles chants are going to happen.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

People are so sensitive.  Reading through comments about people mad there are Eagles chants at a Phillies game.  Do they live under a rock?  Even if they go 0-17, this is an Eagles first town.  There are how many MLB games?  160ish?  The season is young, the Phillies are bleh.  Yea, Eagles chants are going to happen.

All teams in all cities have cross-sport chants at games in times of increased interest (draft, new season, playoff runs).  

hpenis

I love going to the movies knowing the movie I’m about to see sucks and then watch it suck up until the ending which really sucks, then driving home and saying "wow honey that movie sure did suck!” Super excited for the rebuild. 

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Miami clearly wants Devonta Smith and knows they can get him at 8 or 9. Won't go past 11 due to the Giants.

 

Howie about to give 3 firsts to Miami to move back up to 6.

38 minutes ago, toolg said:

The boards are going to be real fun in 10 days!

 

 

Lurie's seemingly absolute shock during his season end press conference that people were questioning him about Howie and then all the stories to come out since has me looking forward to his State of the Team address he does during training camp every year more than I am the actual season at this point.  I'm so fascinated with Lurie's delusion of Howie the GM.  Imagine if Howie completely botches this draft, Lurie still can't be completely swooning in love with Howie at that point.  Can he?

 

 

37 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I wonder if half the players even know wtf the fans are doing that for.  

i wonder if half the fans even know what their chanting

Well, the good thing is, at least, we don't have the no SuperBowl thing hanging over our heads anymore.  I always said "as long as the Eagles win one Super Bowl I will die a happy man."  Can't go back on that now.  

I am happy they won one but now we know how it feels and we want more.  We thought more was coming with Wentz but he was a little 'bish that couldn't handle competition and Howie has crapped the bed the past couple of years.  The only hope is that Howie has his back against the wall and he knocks it out of the park these next two years.  Oh, and Sirianni knows what the hell he is doing.  Lots of question marks but I'm not leaving...

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.