EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

I knew he didn't have an Oline for years but didn't know he was the most sacked for so many years. Makes sense why he's been complaining lately

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Undraftable IMO

Siciliano could wear 25 masks and his ears would be unphased. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Undraftable IMO

Keep your posts to a dull whisper, Siciliano can hear you from there.

2 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

6_5369165.jpg

Kevin Curtis game. He got like 25% of his yards that year in that game 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He just shot up the board for me.  Dogs are awesome.  Cats are for weirdos.   I know why Siciliano doesn’t like cats though.  He’s afraid they’ll try to curl up and sleep in his ears.  

All I see is when they make fun of Ben Stiller on family guy 

I find these tweets so silly.  A coach "rushing" him and throwing to an uncovered WR=putting on a show.

30 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I knew he didn't have an Oline for years but didn't know he was the most sacked for so many years. Makes sense why he's been complaining lately

Weird since he was drafted in 2012

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I find these tweets so silly.  A coach "rushing" him and throwing to an uncovered WR=putting on a show.

But his WR is Jordan Matthews

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

But his WR is Jordan Matthews

He's making his pro day rounds.  I think he was at the Memphis pro day too.  Gotta give that guy props.  Get in front of scouts as much as you can for one last taste of the league. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Weird since he was drafted in 2012

Its a crazy stat but also one that goes against a lot of conventional thinking. The guy who has probably had the worst OL in football his entire career is also having a Hall of Fame career.

Meanwhile Carson Wentz fell apart after being hit for a half by the Redskins.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

• Eight plaintiffs bragged about working with Watson and praised him
  • Seven plaintiffs were willing to work with him again after the alleged incidents. Attorneys allege that one woman contacted Watson "multiple times telling him that she was attracted to him and wanted to go out on dates with him.”
  • Three plaintiffs lied about the number of sessions they had with Watson
  • Five plaintiffs told others they wanted to get money out of Watson.
  • Five plaintiffs have scrubbed or entirely deleted their social media accounts

I personally have had experience with falsehoods from Plaintiffs’ counsel. Rusty Hardin is a heck of a good attorney and more than equal to Buzbee.  

22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think the 60-yard off-platform throw to the sideline marker was a decent show.

17 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Its a crazy stat but also one that goes against a lot of conventional thinking. The guy who has probably had the worst OL in football his entire career is also having a Hall of Fame career.

Meanwhile Carson Wentz fell apart after being hit for a half by the Redskins.

It's not a "crazy stat" because it's not even true. 2010 and 2011 he wasn't in the league. 2012 was Rodgers. 2013 was Tannehill. 2014 and 2015 was Bortles. 2016 was Taylor. 2017 was Brissett. The only one that comes close is 2019 when he tied with Murray and Ryan. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_single_season.htm

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

I think the 60-yard off-platform throw to the sideline marker was a decent show.

I think the majority of NFL QBs can make that throw in a controlled situation like a pro day.  Not taking anything away from Lance, he's a fine prospect.  Just difficult for me to get excited over something like this.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think the majority of NFL QBs can make that throw in a controlled situation like a pro day.  Not taking anything away from Lance, he's a fine prospect.  Just difficult for me to get excited over something like this.

Are you taking into account that the team holding the #3 overall pick scripted a lot of these plays, sent him to a QB coach that Shanahan personally takes the word of, and are standing there dissecting how he runs each play before and during the throw?

The difference in contract value between #3 and #8 or 9 where he could go is not a small amount.  You know you’re going to get a good job, but today might dictate whether he gets paid 4 years and $21M — or 4 years and $33M.  

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

• Eight plaintiffs bragged about working with Watson and praised him
  • Seven plaintiffs were willing to work with him again after the alleged incidents. Attorneys allege that one woman contacted Watson "multiple times telling him that she was attracted to him and wanted to go out on dates with him.”
  • Three plaintiffs lied about the number of sessions they had with Watson
  • Five plaintiffs told others they wanted to get money out of Watson.
  • Five plaintiffs have scrubbed or entirely deleted their social media accounts

Scrubbing social media is problematic depending on when it happened.  If it happened post signing on as clients with Buzbee that's not good at all.   Again, this will play out through discovery but I imagine this is going to be some sort of protracted litigation.  

22 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Five plaintiffs have scrubbed or entirely deleted their social media accounts

... so they must be liars? Please elaborate.

Lance or Fields will be niners pick , never understood those who believed it was Jones , you don’t give up 3 ones for Jones , you don’t keep Jimmy G , unless you are redshirting the pick .

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's not a "crazy stat" because it's not even true. 2010 and 2011 he wasn't in the league. 2012 was Rodgers. 2013 was Tannehill. 2014 and 2015 was Bortles. 2016 was Taylor. 2017 was Brissett. The only one that comes close is 2019 when he tied with Murray and Ryan. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_single_season.htm

image.gif.a533360088ed0af05a4a014f3738978f.gif

1 minute ago, Infam said:

... so they must be liars? Please elaborate.

I don't know what the rule in Texas is but in some states advising a client to delete their social media is an ethics violation.  It can be somewhat of a gray area but generally you can tell clients to change privacy settings, not accept any new friend requests but not to delete anything.  The timing of the deletion would be the only thing I think is potentially relevant. 

Archived