EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's been just as long if not longer for the Phillies.  The Flyers have done minor tweaks where some of have been mistakes and look terrible.  The Sixers should have left it the same it was in the early 80's and have looked like fools over the years.  Even now with the City jersey and big arse bell on the front of their jersey.  Green Bay, Dallas, Chicago and many others have not touched theirs ever.  I am fine with the way they are now.  I am not one of those guys who long for the Kelly green all the time.  Like we had so much success back in those days.  I would prefer less black jerseys.  I think it is overdone for us.  I just don't care enough about them, especially right now.  Hell they are cutting the fans out of training camp.  Players don't want to have "voluntary" OTA's because that's what the rest of their union is telling them to say.  Kind of funny, being pressured not to participate in something that is "voluntary".  They killed the message board.  They have limited fan access.  They were once one of the most reasonably priced teams (beer, parking, concessions).  Now they are one of the most expensive in the NFL.  They can rebrand all they want.  I am not sinking much more money into this team until they make a regime change and Lurie backs the F off.  

I don't know how he is going to do that since he is a mortal lock to go to 10 different teams before our pick.  

The Phillies went to their new set I think in 1991 or 92 just before the fun/wild 1993 season.

I think the Phillies maroon pinstripes with the cursive P are some of the most underrated uniforms around.  The bright red and royal blue just seems so tacky and fake patriotic to me.

The Flyers have the best uniform set in the city by far, if you take away their black uniforms and the new "reverse retro".  

The NBA is a fashion league and all of the "City" and "Earned It" jerseys are just to make a buck.  Any given night turn on an NBA game and you probably have no idea who's playing.  There are no more team identities.

MLB is next.

Quick tell me which team this is.  That there would be your Boston Red Sox.  That's what's called the "City Connect" jersey.  Every MLB team will be wearing some sort of uniform that ties the team to the city.  It's become a joke.

image.jpeg.807669acecc40bb2b0f05cb388733bff.jpeg

I don't necessarily need the Eagles to go back to Kelly Green but I agree with you.  Lose the black, there's just too much of it.  Give us a silver/chrome facemask and a silver/grey set of pants while taking away some black highlights on the jerseys and it would go a long way in freshening up the Eagles look.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy does some fun helmet stuff.  Don't want a chrome helmet but the facemask transforms the entire look.

18 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Ask yourself this.  The story is that the Eagles took DG so the Cowboys wouldn't.  Would Dallas be THAT much better than us if that were the case?  I don't think so.

The Eagles selected Goedert because they lost both Celek and Burton.  They initially traded back from #32 to 52, but traded up to #49 to select Goedert because they knew DAL would have drafted him at #50.

Not quite the same as drafting someone just so another team can’t have him.  NFL teams don’t draft that way.

41 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't know what that is.  All I know is I googled the fat Fer and there are stories all over the place about his worthless arse.  I'd say I hope he gets violated in prison, but I'm not certain that's possible with the size of his butt.  

Yeah, you can see the footage on various YouTube videos. Primarily an Instagram story. Page linked below.

https://www.instagram.com/predatorpoachersv6/

Honestly, feel bad in some ways for EDP. Major body image issues and the worst of his tendencies made him popular so he had to keep feeding that ugly/stereotypical nonsense. Dude needs to get some help. And to stay TF away from kids and the web.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

The Eagles selected Goedert because they lost both Celek and Burton.  They initially traded back from #32 to 52, but traded up to #49 to select Goedert because they knew DAL would have drafted him at #50.

Not quite the same as drafting someone just so another team can’t have him.  NFL teams don’t draft that way.

That's what I meant.  They took him because they knew the Cowboys would.  Worded it differently.  

I loved Mark Andrews in that draft.  It seemed every time you put on an OU game he was making plays.  He's been the better pro to this point too.  I'm not hating on DG at all.  He's one of our lone bright spots.  However, if we can get a good pick and not have to pay him while having a ton of picks in a TE heavy draft, I'm game.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Howie Roseman - I don't always draft to piss off others But when I do it's usually our fans

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/27/kwity-paye-michigan-pro-day-browns-meeting-nfl-draft/  

image.jpeg.ec61e025471c2015325c065d14118b8b.jpeg

I think Paye wouldn't be a terrible pick. I mean the PFF 3 cone was timed at like 6.5 or something.  I would feel pretty ambivalent about it.  

He might be fine. Just underwhelming. 

58 minutes ago, greend said:

How could pedophilia be humorous? 

I think anything can be humorous in the right context. Some might say NSDAP's are nothing to joke about because of the holocaust but Seinfeld and the Soup NSDAP is a pretty funny and iconic sketch. Acts of violence by postal workers for a time seemed so common place it spawned the phrase "going postal". There is a lot of jokes about Catholic Priests and pedophilia. 

Serious things should be taken seriously and dealt with seriously but that doesn't mean we can't find humor in serious things.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He might be fine. Just underwhelming. 

Might be fine is a good way to describe the upside of most of our high draft picks.

37 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The Phillies went to their new set I think in 1991 or 92 just before the fun/wild 1993 season.

I think the Phillies maroon pinstripes with the cursive P are some of the most underrated uniforms around.  The bright red and royal blue just seems so tacky and fake patriotic to me.

The Flyers have the best uniform set in the city by far, if you take away their black uniforms and the new "reverse retro".  

The NBA is a fashion league and all of the "City" and "Earned It" jerseys are just to make a buck.  Any given night turn on an NBA game and you probably have no idea who's playing.  There are no more team identities.

MLB is next.

Quick tell me which team this is.  That there would be your Boston Red Sox.  That's what's called the "City Connect" jersey.  Every MLB team will be wearing some sort of uniform that ties the team to the city.  It's become a joke.

image.jpeg.807669acecc40bb2b0f05cb388733bff.jpeg

I don't necessarily need the Eagles to go back to Kelly Green but I agree with you.  Lose the black, there's just too much of it.  Give us a silver/chrome facemask and a silver/grey set of pants while taking away some black highlights on the jerseys and it would go a long way in freshening up the Eagles look.  

6_5369165.jpg

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Did something change ??  When is day 4 of the draft ??

Big thumbs. With Howie, every draft day is day 4. 

57 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I hope for Smith's sake it's the same guy who said Aaron Donald punched him

31 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Big thumbs. With Howie, every draft day is day 4. 

You know what they say - big thumbs,  big ...

... gloves.

1 hour ago, Nivraga said:

I think anything can be humorous in the right context. Some might say NSDAP's are nothing to joke about because of the holocaust but Seinfeld and the Soup NSDAP is a pretty funny and iconic sketch. Acts of violence by postal workers for a time seemed so common place it spawned the phrase "going postal". There is a lot of jokes about Catholic Priests and pedophilia. 

Serious things should be taken seriously and dealt with seriously but that doesn't mean we can't find humor in serious things.

• Eight plaintiffs bragged about working with Watson and praised him
  • Seven plaintiffs were willing to work with him again after the alleged incidents. Attorneys allege that one woman contacted Watson "multiple times telling him that she was attracted to him and wanted to go out on dates with him.”
  • Three plaintiffs lied about the number of sessions they had with Watson
  • Five plaintiffs told others they wanted to get money out of Watson.
  • Five plaintiffs have scrubbed or entirely deleted their social media accounts

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

• Seven plaintiffs were willing to work with him again after the alleged incidents. Attorneys allege that one woman contacted Watson "multiple times telling him that she was attracted to him and wanted to go out on dates with him.”

Howie Roseman with 3 2022 first rd draft picks in tow:

tenor.gif

41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Kevin Curtis disagrees.

We put up 50+ and I still think they are gross.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I hope every allegation is proved false. I honestly think he's a good guy (I might cut back a bit on the massage therapy though) 

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I wonder what his trade value is now if these are in fact BS allegations.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So I am too believe that all of them are lying or full of ish?  No chance.  He obviously has issues if he has this many women coming for him.  Now are some of them jumping on the gravy train?  Of course.  Could some of them just be scorned ex's?  Yep.  Do I want a guy who has that many female issues being the leader of my favorite team?  NOPE.

I won't try to justify his alleged actions just because he would be a great QB for us.  I thought the #metoo movement taught us all to believe the accusers.  Unless that is conditional.  

There has to be SOME smoke to this fire.  You don't get to is it 22 women or 24 without some truth to it.

I'm still not touching him.  I hope all the draft picks Howie has acquired remain draft picks and the foundation of this team rather than trade chips for a veteran QB.

100% it's conditional.

Archived