Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Used Arif Hassan’s consensus big board (he takes all the top analysts’ boards and combines them) and put the setting on difficult. I picked players among the top 10 or so available, and it seemed to always be the defensive players were better than on offense. It was a lot harder to find good players on day 3. 

B48DE384-EBD5-4CC8-904F-C0598F2E4ED0.jpeg

i'd love a WR earlier than that but if the first 3 rounds bring us nearly half a starting defense of the future that's hard to argue.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Used Arif Hassan’s consensus big board (he takes all the top analysts’ boards and combines them) and put the setting on difficult. I picked players among the top 10 or so available, and it seemed to always be the defensive players were better than on offense. It was a lot harder to find good players on day 3. 

B48DE384-EBD5-4CC8-904F-C0598F2E4ED0.jpeg

pretty good. At least half of those guys will make the team. 3 first year starters. 2 major role players. Thats good results.

Which site is it? 

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Used Arif Hassan’s consensus big board (he takes all the top analysts’ boards and combines them) and put the setting on difficult. I picked players among the top 10 or so available, and it seemed to always be the defensive players were better than on offense. It was a lot harder to find good players on day 3. 

B48DE384-EBD5-4CC8-904F-C0598F2E4ED0.jpeg

Even though I like the top 4 picks, Lurie and his love of offense would have a fit if we go all defense on the first two days, lol 

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Used Arif Hassan’s consensus big board (he takes all the top analysts’ boards and combines them) and put the setting on difficult. I picked players among the top 10 or so available, and it seemed to always be the defensive players were better than on offense. It was a lot harder to find good players on day 3. 

B48DE384-EBD5-4CC8-904F-C0598F2E4ED0.jpeg

Love the Williams and Adams JR picks , I also think Franks will go earlier , I am guessing teams think more of him than fans do .

Lol that Value/Reach list has JJAW and Barnett as value picks. PFF level clownery. 

I used the same big board on difficult. Here's my results

image.png.c1860614be6ba271a5c612fdc2053d5c.png

6 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

 

 

pff_mock_results.png

Don't think you needed Dalman, having already got Kendrick Green (a natural long-term Kelce replacement). 

But, apart from that........

Spoiler

575906013_homerun.gif.7480c2d5d7e5faf59e11196a78dbcbe6.gif

 

5 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

EAGLES HISTORICAL DRAFT PICKS
 
Reach/Value (R/V) Explained
The difference between where a player is selected in the NFL draft versus where the player was listed on the final Drafttek Big Board for the season in question.
Example: A player who was listed at #50 on the Big Board and was selected at #35 will be a "Reach" of -15. Alternately, a player listed at #35 on the Big Board who was selected at #50 is a +15 "Value".

Simply put: a positive number is a Value pick, a negative number is a Reach.
 
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2020 1 21 Jalen Reagor TCU WRS Reach -21
2020 2 53 Jalen Hurts Alabama QB Reach -19
2020 3 103 Davion Taylor Colorado OLB Value +11
2020 4 127 K'Von Wallace Clemson S Value +13
2020 4 145 Jack Driscoll Auburn OT Value +0
2020 5 168 John Hightower Boise State WR Value +3
2020 6 196 Shaun Bradley Temple OLB Value +39
2020 6 200 Quez Watkins Southern Miss WR Reach -43
2020 6 210 Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn OT Value +102
2020 7 233 Casey Toohill Stanford EDGE Value +32
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2019 1 22 Andre Dillard Washington St OT Value +12
2019 2 53 Miles Sanders Penn State RB Reach -10
2019 2 57 J.J. Arcega-Whiteside Stanford WR Value +13
2019 4 138 Shareef Miller Penn State EDGE Reach -50
2019 5 167 Clayton Thorson Northwestern QB Reach -100
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2018 2 49 Dallas Goedert S Dakota St TE Reach -15
2018 4 125 Avonte Maddox Pittsburgh CB Reach -101
2018 4 130 Josh Sweat Florida State EDGE Value +65
2018 6 206 Matt Pryor TCU OT Reach -111
2018 7 233 Jordan Mailata Australia OT Reach -133
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2017 1 14 Derek Barnett Tennessee EDGE Value +7
2017 2 43 Sidney Jones Washington CB Reach -14
2017 3 99 Rasul Douglas West Virginia CB Reach -3
2017 4 118 Mack Hollins North Carolina WR Value +0
2017 4 132 Donnel Pumphrey San Diego State RB Reach -24
2017 5 166 Shelton Gibson West Virginia WR Value +6
2017 5 184 Nathan Gerry Nebraska S Value +18
2017 6 214 Elijah Qualls Washington DT Reach -5
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2016 1 2 Carson Wentz North Dakota St QB Reach -2
2016 3 79 Isaac Seumalo Oregon St OG Reach -52
2016 5 153 Wendell Smallwood West Virginia RB Reach -84
2016 5 164 Halapoulivaati Vaitai TCU OT Reach -38
2016 6 196 Blake Countess Auburn DB Reach -290
2016 7 233 Jalen Mills LSU S Value +164
2016 7 240 Alex McCalister Florida DE Reach -177
2016 7 251 Joe Walker Oregon ILB Reach -145
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2015 1 20 Nelson Agholor USC WR Reach -22
2015 2 47 Eric Rowe Utah CB Value +4
2015 3 84 Jordan Hicks Texas ILB Reach -23
2015 6 191 JaCorey Shepherd Kansas CB Reach -40
2015 6 196 Randall Evans Kansas St CB Reach -245
2015 7 237 Brian Mihalik Boston College DE Reach -158
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2014 1 26 Marcus Smith Louisville EDGE Reach -34
2014 2 42 Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt WR Reach -4
2014 3 86 Josh Huff Oregon WR  Reach -46
2014 4 101 Jaylen Watkins Florida CB Value +10
2014 5 141 Taylor Hart Oregon EDGE Value +25
2014 5 162 Ed Reynolds Stanford S Value +27
2014 7 224 Beau Allen Wisconsin DL3T Value +73


 

 

Pretty interesting. Reading through this, what sticks out to me is how many "negative value" picks actually turned out to be good players and vice versa. I mean it's pretty much just proving what a crapshoot the draft is lol.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I used the same big board on difficult. Here's my results

image.png.c1860614be6ba271a5c612fdc2053d5c.png

This scenario is more aligned with the values I’ve become familiar with (i.e, J.Cox and M.Williams lingering until the 3rd seems optimistic in the previous version). I wonder which DTs you had available at 123, usually it’s the UCLA guy who will likely go earlier or J.Marshall. I think GE99 liked the DE from Vandy in that slot.

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I used the same big board on difficult. Here's my results

image.png.c1860614be6ba271a5c612fdc2053d5c.png

Nico Collins was a miss for me. I took Cox hoping he’d fall to the next third round pick. He was gone so I went Williams. 

4 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

This scenario is more aligned with the values I’ve become familiar with (i.e, J.Cox and M.Williams lingering until the 3rd seems optimistic in the previous version). I wonder which DTs you had available at 123, usually it’s the UCLA guy who will likely go earlier or J.Marshall. I think GE99 liked the DE from Vandy in that slot.

yeah cox was gone. I had Werner available at the top of the board, but went down to the bottom of the board for McGrone.

I dont remember the DTs. Im pretty sure I watched Odigizuwa go off the board though.

5 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

EAGLES HISTORICAL DRAFT PICKS
 
Reach/Value (R/V) Explained
The difference between where a player is selected in the NFL draft versus where the player was listed on the final Drafttek Big Board for the season in question.
Example: A player who was listed at #50 on the Big Board and was selected at #35 will be a "Reach" of -15. Alternately, a player listed at #35 on the Big Board who was selected at #50 is a +15 "Value".

Simply put: a positive number is a Value pick, a negative number is a Reach.
 
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2020 1 21 Jalen Reagor TCU WRS Reach -21
2020 2 53 Jalen Hurts Alabama QB Reach -19
2020 3 103 Davion Taylor Colorado OLB Value +11
2020 4 127 K'Von Wallace Clemson S Value +13
2020 4 145 Jack Driscoll Auburn OT Value +0
2020 5 168 John Hightower Boise State WR Value +3
2020 6 196 Shaun Bradley Temple OLB Value +39
2020 6 200 Quez Watkins Southern Miss WR Reach -43
2020 6 210 Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn OT Value +102
2020 7 233 Casey Toohill Stanford EDGE Value +32
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2019 1 22 Andre Dillard Washington St OT Value +12
2019 2 53 Miles Sanders Penn State RB Reach -10
2019 2 57 J.J. Arcega-Whiteside Stanford WR Value +13
2019 4 138 Shareef Miller Penn State EDGE Reach -50
2019 5 167 Clayton Thorson Northwestern QB Reach -100
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2018 2 49 Dallas Goedert S Dakota St TE Reach -15
2018 4 125 Avonte Maddox Pittsburgh CB Reach -101
2018 4 130 Josh Sweat Florida State EDGE Value +65
2018 6 206 Matt Pryor TCU OT Reach -111
2018 7 233 Jordan Mailata Australia OT Reach -133
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2017 1 14 Derek Barnett Tennessee EDGE Value +7
2017 2 43 Sidney Jones Washington CB Reach -14
2017 3 99 Rasul Douglas West Virginia CB Reach -3
2017 4 118 Mack Hollins North Carolina WR Value +0
2017 4 132 Donnel Pumphrey San Diego State RB Reach -24
2017 5 166 Shelton Gibson West Virginia WR Value +6
2017 5 184 Nathan Gerry Nebraska S Value +18
2017 6 214 Elijah Qualls Washington DT Reach -5
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2016 1 2 Carson Wentz North Dakota St QB Reach -2
2016 3 79 Isaac Seumalo Oregon St OG Reach -52
2016 5 153 Wendell Smallwood West Virginia RB Reach -84
2016 5 164 Halapoulivaati Vaitai TCU OT Reach -38
2016 6 196 Blake Countess Auburn DB Reach -290
2016 7 233 Jalen Mills LSU S Value +164
2016 7 240 Alex McCalister Florida DE Reach -177
2016 7 251 Joe Walker Oregon ILB Reach -145
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2015 1 20 Nelson Agholor USC WR Reach -22
2015 2 47 Eric Rowe Utah CB Value +4
2015 3 84 Jordan Hicks Texas ILB Reach -23
2015 6 191 JaCorey Shepherd Kansas CB Reach -40
2015 6 196 Randall Evans Kansas St CB Reach -245
2015 7 237 Brian Mihalik Boston College DE Reach -158
YEAR RD PK NAME SCHOOL PSN R/V RV Val
2014 1 26 Marcus Smith Louisville EDGE Reach -34
2014 2 42 Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt WR Reach -4
2014 3 86 Josh Huff Oregon WR  Reach -46
2014 4 101 Jaylen Watkins Florida CB Value +10
2014 5 141 Taylor Hart Oregon EDGE Value +25
2014 5 162 Ed Reynolds Stanford S Value +27
2014 7 224 Beau Allen Wisconsin DL3T Value +73


 

 

Anything or anyone that had Derek Barnett as #7 is crazy.

Just now, ManuManu said:

Nico Collins was a miss for me. I took Cox hoping he’d fall to the next third round pick. He was gone so I went Williams. 

You did well, the mock is optimized (I hope the real world big board is similar).

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Nico Collins was a miss for me. I took Cox hoping he’d fall to the next third round pick. He was gone so I went Williams. 

I could have had Tylan Wallace at the top of the board there, but I went lower for Nico. 

I think he may be a primary WR target for us to match some of the size Indy had at their WR position opposite the smaller guys. 

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I could have had Tylan Wallace at the top of the board there, but I went lower for Nico. 

I think he may be a primary WR target for us to match some of the size Indy had at their WR position opposite the smaller guys. 

Are Simi or Scary Terry still considered 7th round picks? I’m thinking of a fall back if the more highly regarded Xs go off the board ahead of 37 (T.Marshall) or 70 (N.Collins).

I didn't read the DraftTek analysis any further after it scored Davion Taylor a value pick in the 3rd round.  He was a worse pick than Hurts for the slot the Eagles took him.

21 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

Pretty interesting. Reading through this, what sticks out to me is how many "negative value" picks actually turned out to be good players and vice versa. I mean it's pretty much just proving what a crapshoot the draft is lol.

Yup - a reach according to whom, right?  Hits and misses are what is important. Seumalo isn’t my favorite player, but I can care less that he’s -52 reach. 

6 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Are Simi or Scary Terry still considered 7th round picks? I’m thinking of a fall back if the more highly regarded Xs go off the board ahead of 37 (T.Marshall) or 70 (N.Collins).

no. I wanted Fehoko but I picked Hamilcar first and then he was gone. I settled for Stevenson.

Terry went around there too, but was off the board for my pick.

 

I was intrigued by Collins and Fehoko to have two 6'3''-6'4'' fast WRs. But it didnt happen.

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I didn't read the DraftTek analysis any further after it scored Davion Taylor a value pick in the 3rd round.  He was a worse pick than Hurts for the slot the Eagles took him.

If you kept reading they had JJAW a value pick as well 😄

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

If you kept reading they had JJAW a value pick as well 😄

Was it yesterday Scheffter tweeted the Tobin opinion of Mel Kiper.  Yeah, the guy has had a very successful career as an entertainer - but if he was shooting even 50% he’d had job in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

If you kept reading they had JJAW a value pick as well 😄

Well, there was value in the pick...

 

 

 

 

 

... for JJAW.

2 to TB , hopefully he can be the 3rd , PJ Fleck has done a heck of a job with the gophers 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

These things are addicting and fun once you start.  First attempt. 

 

  

 

 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Ah yeah - glad you only got addicted the week of the draft😳

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Ah yeah - glad you only got addicted the week of the draft😳

I deleted the post because I couldn't figure out how to get the duplicates out of there.  Quick work!

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I deleted the post because I couldn't figure out how to get the duplicates out of there.  Quick work!

Now it’s out there for posterity - I will be hailed as a hero for my fast reflexes. (I didn’t care about the dups)

Also, that would an awesome haul.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.