Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

34 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I didn't read the DraftTek analysis any further after it scored Davion Taylor a value pick in the 3rd round.  He was a worse pick than Hurts for the slot the Eagles took him.

They also had Barnett as +7 value at 14.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

They also had Barnett as +7 value at 14.

Typo, they got the sign wrong.

What do you think if the Eagles take Surtain/Horn at 12 and Farley drops to 37 because of a late 1st round run on the 2nd tier WR?  If Elijah Moore, Rashod Moore and those guys are all gone and Farley is sitting there....could be tempting.

Would you double dip and potentially be set at corner?  One of them could take over the nickel role until Slay is done.  When can we get out of his contract btw? Are we stuck with him until 2023 now?

 

21 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Oh for sure.  The potential 3 first round picks next year is huge though.  There are some huge questions though regarding the next draft and those picks.

-Where do our picks fall?  Eagles top 5.  Indy (if a 1st) 16-20,  Miami top 15?

-Did Hurts prove his is the QB moving forward?

-What players are available in the draft?

-What veterans are available via trade?  Does a 1st bring back an established but young CB or DT?

-What teams might want to trade up?

-Did Miles Sanders sign a new contract here?

-Did Mailata/Dillard pan out?

-Is WR solved?

Those are just some of the many questions headed in to next years draft that I'm already thinking about.

Based on players currently on the roster, I would say the biggest needs next year are DE, CB and DT.  This is assuming Hurts, Mailata and Dillard all develop.

If the Eagles do have 3 1sts next year, I think at least 1 of them is used to trade back to get even more picks.  

 

2022 could be a STACKED draft.  The Eagles are in prime position.  They just have to not F up the 2021 draft and not be tempted by trading 3 1sts for Watson or Wilson.  They could truly reinvent this team over the next 2 drafts.

 1 Eagles' own pick 
 1 From Dolphins 
 2 Eagles' own pick 
 2  From Colts, via Carson Wentz trade (can become a 1)
 3 Eagles' own pick 
 4 Eagles' own pick 
 5 Eagles' own pick 
 6 Eagles' own pick 
 7 Eagles' own pick 

I think the Wilson/Watson thing is all Lurie with Howie navigating the waters, which makes sense because it's Fing dumb. They need another 2nd rounder I think this year. 5 picks on day 3 just doesn't cut it. We need to be a draft pick factory right now and constantly feed the furnace over the next few years easily, with day 1 and 2 picks... Trade off some of these day 3 picks for better rounds next year and/or use some to move up this year. I really want one of each: WR/LB/CB/S in no particular order with the first few picks, with outside shots at OL & DE if the right guy is there and the other positions are a little picked over. I do want one of these bigger DE's too that seem to fit Gannon's scheme and there's a small handful this year. (Roussea, Oweh, J. Smith, E. Smith, Dayo, Turner, Robinson, P. Jones )

 

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What do you think if the Eagles take Surtain/Horn at 12 and Farley drops to 37 because of a late 1st round run on the 2nd tier WR?  If Elijah Moore, Rashod Moore and those guys are all gone and Farley is sitting there....could be tempting.

Would you double dip and potentially be set at corner?  One of them could take over the nickel role until Slay is done.  When can we get out of his contract btw? Are we stuck with him until 2023 now?

 

Rookie CBs have a steep learning curve; having Slay around is still a big advantage for a young player.

Your favorite squad had Diggs starting last season, who stunk against everyone except the Eagles.  

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What do you think if the Eagles take Surtain/Horn at 12 and Farley drops to 37 because of a late 1st round run on the 2nd tier WR?  If Elijah Moore, Rashod Moore and those guys are all gone and Farley is sitting there....could be tempting.

Would you double dip and potentially be set at corner?  One of them could take over the nickel role until Slay is done.  When can we get out of his contract btw? Are we stuck with him until 2023 now?

 

Trust your board - Farley would likely be the highest rated player by not an immaterial margin (and as you indicated a role can be found in the short term while the long term value is obvious).

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What do you think if the Eagles take Surtain/Horn at 12 and Farley drops to 37 because of a late 1st round run on the 2nd tier WR?  If Elijah Moore, Rashod Moore and those guys are all gone and Farley is sitting there....could be tempting.

Would you double dip and potentially be set at corner?  One of them could take over the nickel role until Slay is done.  When can we get out of his contract btw? Are we stuck with him until 2023 now?

 

Ill double dip at CB but not with Farley.

I would be thrilled to get Horn/Moehrig/Collins. You can argue these are the top 3 holes on the roster and would be BPA in every round. 

Just now, RLC said:

I would be thrilled to get Horn/Moehrig/Collins. You can argue these are the top 3 holes on the roster and would be BPA in every round. 

I think that suggestion should be emailed to Howie.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ill double dip at CB but not with Farley.

Are you not touching Farley at all?  At some point his value vs draft slot could be too much to pass up.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think that suggestion should be emailed to Howie.

Will do.

My gut says we'll use #37 on an EDGE. There will be at least one back of the 1st RD EDGE that drops (Tryon, Basham, Oweh, Rousseau) that I have a hard time seeing Howie pass on that value. Given our roster construction guys that won't contribute in 2021, but would in 2022, fit Tryon/Oweh well.

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Are you not touching Farley at all?  At some point his value vs draft slot could be too much to pass up.

not in the first 2 rounds. someone else will take him before I would.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Was it yesterday Scheffter tweeted the Tobin opinion of Mel Kiper.  Yeah, the guy has had a very successful career as an entertainer - but if he was shooting even 50% he’d had job in the NFL.

Why be in the nfl and actually be accountable for your evaluations?

12 minutes ago, RLC said:

I would be thrilled to get Horn/Moehrig/Collins. You can argue these are the top 3 holes on the roster and would be BPA in every round. 

Agree on the first two not so much collins

 

15 minutes ago, RLC said:

Will do.

My gut says we'll use #37 on an EDGE. There will be at least one back of the 1st RD EDGE that drops (Tryon, Basham, Oweh, Rousseau) that I have a hard time seeing Howie pass on that value. Given our roster construction guys that won't contribute in 2021, but would in 2022, fit Tryon/Oweh well.

Oweh then, please. 

14 minutes ago, RLC said:

I would be thrilled to get Horn/Moehrig/Collins. You can argue these are the top 3 holes on the roster and would be BPA in every round. 

I would switch Newsome with Horn , but that’s just me 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

Owen then, please. 

Think i would prefer tryon

39 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What do you think if the Eagles take Surtain/Horn at 12 and Farley drops to 37 because of a late 1st round run on the 2nd tier WR?  If Elijah Moore, Rashod Moore and those guys are all gone and Farley is sitting there....could be tempting.

Would you double dip and potentially be set at corner?  One of them could take over the nickel role until Slay is done.  When can we get out of his contract btw? Are we stuck with him until 2023 now?

 

I'm not double dipping with Farley. A back surgery scares me off too much and we are not in the position to take risks. I do like the Moore's. If they snag one I would be fine there. I'm not a Reagor believer and think these guys can be better than him. If Reagor busts it won't sting as much if one of the Moore's works out. 

14 minutes ago, ManuManu said:
Oweh then, please. 

Oweh is my preference as well. We already know how to mold a talented but raw pass rusher (Sweat).

Sweat was just as raw as Oweh. Sweat couldn't get off the ball at all in college.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Oweh is my preference as well. We already know how to mold a talented but raw pass rusher (Sweat).

Sweat was just as raw as Oweh. Sweat couldn't get off the ball at all in college.

Yep. I prefer athletic freaks at DE. If they put it together, you have an All-Pro. If he fails, I can live with it. 

Per pff 

Oweh may not have recorded any sacks in 2020, but he did end the year with an 80.3 pass-rushing grade and an 89.7 run-defense grade. His pass-rushing repertoire and physicality are both areas where he needs to improve. Then again, that’s to be expected for a player who only started playing football in 2016.
 

 

he won’t see rd 2 , probably top 20 pick

Oweh at #37.

This is the way.

I like Elerson Smith , think he is a mid  rd steal , this years Max Crosby 

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

He won’t see rd 2 , probably top 20 pick

Maybe. An Edge with no sacks is not a lock to go top 32.

 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I used the same big board on difficult. Here's my results

image.png.c1860614be6ba271a5c612fdc2053d5c.png

What happens when you put the board on "easy?"  Do you get whoever you want in any round?  😂

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.