EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely. Not sure why people didn't like their draft? I mean sure the Love pick was an odd one but actually it's worked for them in the short term as Rodgers has really stepped up again. 

I think they believed they didn’t do enough to help Aaron Rodgers in terms of weapons. But I can understand the Jordan love pick on their end. How long do you think Aaron Rodgers is going to play at 37 years old? If plays at a high-level for three years and year four he drops off then you can replace him with Jordan love on the fifth year contract the next year. Add on if you love Jordan love and believe he could be Rodger’s replacement then go get him. They did it with favre so i don’t think it’s out of the ordinary when your QB is 37. 

the Dillion pick was more questionable cause they had Williams and jones but long term i believe Williams and jones are both FA. They were more in a position with good roster to look into the future 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Packers should go for 2 if they score.

I still think it’s to early but Doug goes for it in the 1st F’ing Quarter so what do I know🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Woah.. future Eagles WR sighting.

He did get separation though so I'm not sure the Eagles would be too interested.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I feel like Watkins and smith are worse cause of where they were drafted. They also drafted that Bryan Smith kid in the third he also never played a snap for the eagles if i remember correctly. 

Just bugs me to trade up for such an obvious miss.  He was picks 139 and 230, so two misses in one 169-lb body 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Woah.. future Eagles WR sighting.

Must have watched some good tape on eagles WRs before the game to be inspired. 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Just bugs me to trade up for such an obvious miss.  He was picks 139 and 230, so two misses in one 169-lb body 

I don’t disagree with you whatsoever. There were backs in the third and fourth round of that draft that I absolutely loved that were on the board. They kept waiting and waiting and it eventually bit them in the butt 

Packers special teams must have asked fipp for advice this week. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I feel like Watkins and smith are worse cause of where they were drafted. They also drafted that Bryan Smith kid in the third he also never played a snap for the eagles if i remember correctly. 

Please... you are still missing by a ton. 

First round picks alone are much worse.  Let's put it this way, there's a reason this team came apart right after the 1980 Super Bowl.

Michael Haddix - 1983 (could have had a Hall of Fame QB... )
Kenny Jackson - 1984 (WR at #4 that couldn't make a play in the NFL to save his life)
Kevin Allen - 1985 (Rapist)

Early 1990s weren't much better. 
Two first round picks for Antone Davis.  

But, perhaps the worst one ever would be that 2nd round pick... 1994 - Bruce Walker.  Was given #92 to wear in TC - never even made it out of training camp.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Please... you are still missing by a ton. 

First round picks alone are much worse.  Let's put it this way, there's a reason this team came apart right after the 1980 Super Bowl.

Michael Haddix - 1983 (could have had a Hall of Fame QB... )
Kenny Jackson - 1984 (WR at #4 that couldn't make a play in the NFL to save his life)
Kevin Allen - 1985 (Rapist)

Early 1990s weren't much better. 
Two first round picks for Antone Davis.  

But, perhaps the worst one ever would be that 2nd round pick... 1994 - Bruce Walker.  Was given #92 to wear in TC - never even made it out of training camp.

I thought we were talking about the guys in the modern regime that were still here not from the 80s. If that’s the case I’d agree. 

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Almost the worst draft pick in Eagles history

Pump the worst? Not even close, lol. I cant say a 4th rounder bust is one of the worst picks in Eagles history with all the duds weve had in the first round alone. Even if we just keep it in the last 20 years and 1st rounders we have way worse.  Marcus Smith? Jerome McDougle? Danny Watkins? 

King is super fortunate Evans didn’t come down with that. 

All of this talk about the 90's ... does anyone remember when the Eagles had a newspaper as part of a membership program?

Fin King gets toasted all game and still shakes his head like he’s the man because of a dropped pass. That sheet drives me nuts. 

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

All of this talk about the 90's ... does anyone remember when the Eagles had a newspaper as part of a membership program?

Eagles digest right? 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Fin King gets toasted all game and still shakes his head like he’s the man because of a dropped pass. That sheet drives me nuts. 

Remind you of another player? 😁

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Eagles Digest. I have a few editions still.

51 out here looking like he has a boxing match after the game 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Lol, love when CBs, especially meh ones, get toasted and then talk trash after the receiver drops the pass. 

Are we talking about Jalen Mills again, lol. i like Mills but he does that crap all the time, lol. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I thought we were talking about the guys in the modern regime that were still here not from the 80s. If that’s the case I’d agree. 

The comment I saw said worst pick in Eagles history... so I was going to dig a little deeper.

I'd mention the picks from the 1970s... but from 1973 through 1978, they didn't have a first or second round pick in any year, and didn't have many other picks some years.  1975 they didn't have any picks until Round 7.  1977 - no picks until Round 5.

Archived