EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Please... you are still missing by a ton. 

First round picks alone are much worse.  Let's put it this way, there's a reason this team came apart right after the 1980 Super Bowl.

Michael Haddix - 1983 (could have had a Hall of Fame QB... )
Kenny Jackson - 1984 (WR at #4 that couldn't make a play in the NFL to save his life)
Kevin Allen - 1985 (Rapist)

Early 1990s weren't much better. 
Two first round picks for Antone Davis.  

But, perhaps the worst one ever would be that 2nd round pick... 1994 - Bruce Walker.  Was given #92 to wear in TC - never even made it out of training camp.

F’ing Kotite 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The comment I saw said worst pick in Eagles history... so I was going to dig a little deeper.

I'd mention the picks from the 1970s... but from 1973 through 1978, they didn't have a first or second round pick in any year, and didn't have many other picks some years.  1975 they didn't have any picks until Round 7.  1977 - no picks until Round 5.

So we’ve established a tradition of drafting poorly/trading away picks for half decades and sometimes even decades at times. Makes me feel better about the current state of the team lol 

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Eagles Digest. I have a few editions still.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eagles digest right? 

That's the one! 

qcp8zkswgfbz.jpg

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Pump the worst? Not even close, lol. I cant say a 4th rounder bust is one of the worst picks in Eagles history with all the duds weve had in the first round alone. Even if we just keep it in the last 20 years and 1st rounders we have way worse.  Marcus Smith? Jerome McDougle? Danny Watkins? 

Michael Haddix will always be the worst ever Eagles draft pick — that’s why the first word in my post was "Almost”

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Fin King gets toasted all game and still shakes his head like he’s the man because of a dropped pass. That sheet drives me nuts. 

Got to have that confidence

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

YES!  Lucky TO off Evans' hands, but I'll take it. 

That was a Brady over throw and hell of a pick by Alexander. 

Just now, WentzFan11 said:

Got to have that confidence

Yeah or just stop sucking 

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's the one! 

Have some old Eagles digests and Media  Guides laying around 

Just now, Casey @ Bat said:

F’ing Kotite 

Was it him or John Wooten?  Hard to know, but it was BAD!  Ray Rhodes barely fixed it.  He just brought in veterans to fill in the holes... Guy McIntyre, Bill Romanowski, Greg Townsend, The Fridge, Kevin Millard, etc. etc.   Lots and lots of vets. 

1 minute ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Have some old Eagles digests and Media  Guides laying around 

LOL.  The good old days.

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol, love when CBs, especially meh ones, get toasted and then talk trash after the receiver drops the pass. 

reminds you of our home team LOL

Was it him or John Wooten?  Hard to know, but it was BAD!  Ray Rhodes barely fixed it.  He just brought in veterans to fill in the holes... Guy McIntyre, Bill Romanowski, Greg Townsend, The Fridge, Kevin Millard, etc. etc.   Lots and lots of vets. 

Just remember Kotite being so happy with Antone Davis ... and he blew

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

image.thumb.jpeg.da91949b75871bd0165b205fbb65e489.jpeg

Dont think you can go wrong with Either Chase or Smith. Both programs just have a lot of success with producing good NFL WRs. 

Now we are talking about the Eagles though, lol. 

Anyone else notice the number of commercials Marshawn Lynch is doing now... for a guy who doesn't like talking?  

Anyone else notice the number of commercials Marshawn Lynch is doing now... for a guy who doesn't like talking?  

He has to pay for his Skittle habit somehow

Just now, UK Eagle said:

Big series for the Packer D. They need a 3 and out at worst otherwise they are going to be in a world of pain.

Packers defense has had 3 interceptions on the bucs last three series. The packers offense needs to do something with this latest one 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Brett Favre like throw by Brady there.   lol  

Dawkins had a flashback 

Archived