Coaches not returning: Manuel, Fipp, Staley, Taylor, Scangarello, Mornhinweg, Flajole

time2rock

Well, the title of the article in the link indicates he was fired, but it is more a case of them letting his contract expire.  Either way, happy to see this mess of an offensive staff being revamped after a complete failure of a season.

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/rich-scangarello/

• Like 1

They already failed the offense by not firing Doug. So the struggles will go on for at least 1 more year. 

• Like 8

Press Taylor, step up and get fired.

Marty M, step up and get let go.

And the Coaches go round and round, round and round.  What a mess.

He has a point though with his quote: "Scangarello told reporters on Oct. 16. "The offseason unfortunately, not to make excuses, but it’s the reality of it, that lack of ability to practice in April and May and get to know the players and their strengths, and the coaches to really work with them within our scheme.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Press Taylor, step up and get fired.

Marty M, step up and get let go.

And the Coaches go round and round, round and round.  What a mess.

He has a point though with his quote: "Scangarello told reporters on Oct. 16. "The offseason unfortunately, not to make excuses, but it’s the reality of it, that lack of ability to practice in April and May and get to know the players and their strengths, and the coaches to really work with them within our scheme.”

That last part is true, but I still never liked the whole "offense by committee" structure with so many voices.  Not sure if this is on Doug or was it Howie's and Lurie's idea to surround Doug with so many assistants, but I wish they'd pull their heads out of their arses and realize what worked best is when they had a seasoned, experienced OC (Reich) to work closely with Doug and go back to that structure.  

• Like 2

I knew there would be a scapegoat of one of the consultants. 

• Like 2

This staff is just a big cluster F. I for one am shocked it turned out that way. 

SHOCKED!!!!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I wish they'd pull their heads out of their arses and realize what worked best is when they had a seasoned, experienced OC (Reich) to work closely with Doug and go back to that structure.  

That's not being smarter and more clever than the rest of the league so I doubt Jeffrey and Howie would agree to what you suggest. It'd be nice if they would though, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Too many cooks in the kitchen combined with Doug being stubborn and dumb. Can't wait till someday they have one gdamn OC who is responsible for calling the plays. They thought they were being cutting edge by having some collaborative coaching/game planning philosophy with 14 coaches and it sucked horribly. Players actually regress consistently on this team. All these coaches suck and I can't f'n wait for them to be out on the street.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well, the title of the article in the link indicates he was fired, but it is more a case of them letting his contract expire.  Either way, happy to see this mess of an offensive staff being revamped after a complete failure of a season.

Thank goodness! Offensive woes solved!

• Haha 1

Press should've been the first one out.  Marty should go, too.  Doug and Howie should go, but I've accepted that's not happening.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Thank goodness! Offensive woes solved!

Gotta cut the head off the snake to accomplish that.  

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Marty is apparently out now, too.

Thank

God

• Like 2

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

LOL, wow that was a STUPID hire anyway. Drew Lock was as bad as Wentz was this year. QB whisperer lmao. WOW can we pick 'em or what? Are they putting names up on a dartboard?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

They better not move Press to OC. That's my fear. 

This organization needs to stop promoting from within, we know by now what we got with coordinators and position coaches. Just my opinion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

This organization needs to stop promoting from within, we know by now what we got with coordinators and position coaches. Just my opinion 

Wasn't Skankarello from hired after he fired/let go from Denver? 

I do agree they need to get some outside voices but how did other organizations hire outsiders and they had had success during Covid season?

10 minutes ago, Eagle1ne said:

Wasn't Skankarello from hired after he fired/let go from Denver? 

I do agree they need to get some outside voices but how did other organizations hire outsiders and they had had success during Covid season?

Oh I don’t buy all the covid complication BS. This team had a lot of returning vets and same faces, we just didn’t totally change our offense this offseason. This team just plain sucked and they got hurt a lot. 

Yawn.  Feels like the Eagles are giving Doug one more year a la Brett Brown to fix this.  That's what the Sixers did, then canned Brown and hired the right guys, and now are rocking and rolling.  Definitely checking out the game tonight.  

I just enjoy this time of year after the Eagles have a losing season. Hearing all the fans, complaining about how the games were won or lost, and who should get fired, etc. WOW what good entertainment this is. It was a miserible year from the beginning, and when this team couldn't beat the Bengals, and went into OT with a tie, that was the start of bad things to happen. So all you Wentz fans can jump on his wagon, and leave town.