Coaches not returning: Manuel, Fipp, Staley, Taylor, Scangarello, Mornhinweg, Flajole

time2rock

12 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Not at all, I was joking about everyone leaving. We just don't need a new topic for each person. Keep posting updates :-)

Yeah I created this thread with the intention that it would be easier to track changes to current coaching staff in a single place.  Although I had done so before Doug was fired so wasn’t sure if this thread was still relevant or not.  

Love what the team is doing so far, at least on paper. I won't miss any of the coaches leaving.

Lotta work left, but it looks like our HC has the necessary power to hire and hopefully draft his guys. Good start IMO.

Getting younger across the board.

• Like 1

Time for a big upgrade in ST coaching and prep as well.  Punt return coverage, onside kicks, extra points, etc were all awful last season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Time for a big upgrade in ST coaching and prep as well.  Punt return coverage, onside kicks, extra points, etc were all awful last season

Would be nice just for the returner on punts to not let the ball go over his head or to let it bounce. That would be a good start. 

• Like 2

And it is official now ... Detroit announced the hiring of Fipp.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/26/lions-announce-dave-fipp-as-special-teams-coordinator/

Honestly, not sad to see him go.  He used to coach top STs units but they have regressed over time.  Joined the Eagles in 2013 under Chip - first year his STs unit ranked 25th but were #1 in 2014 and 10th in 2015.  He was obviously retained by Doug and that is where the regression became obvious:

2016 -  2nd

2017 - 16th

2018 - 15th

2019 - 19th

2020 - 22nd

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

And it is official now ... Detroit announced the hiring of Fipp.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/26/lions-announce-dave-fipp-as-special-teams-coordinator/

Honestly, not sad to see him go.  He used to coach top STs units but they have regressed over time.  Joined the Eagles in 2013 under Chip - first year his STs unit ranked 25th but were #1 in 2014 and 10th in 2015.  He was obviously retained by Doug and that is where the regression became obvious:

2016 -  2nd

2017 - 16th

2018 - 15th

2019 - 19th

2020 - 22nd

It's going to be in part to chip prioritizing guess who can play STs over depth guys who can play offense or defense. As Doug went with guys who can play their position, STs got worse. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

It's going to be in part to chip prioritizing guess who can play STs over depth guess who can play offense or defense. As Doug went with guys who can play their position, STs got worse. 

Good point.  

19 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

It's going to be in part to chip prioritizing guess who can play STs over depth guys who can play offense or defense. As Doug went with guys who can play their position, STs got worse. 

They were also hit by injury every year and were just putting bodies out there.  Sproles declined as a returner in the 3 games he was healthy per season. They also lost Maragos and KGH to injuries for a lot of those seasons and they were the special teams aces.

6 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

B753B7FD-8240-40DA-B3E7-C97C53234558.jpeg

I don't doubt he could be viewed as a rising star by some.  I think where the biggest problem here was, we needed someone with much more experience to help Doug with the offensive game planning, scheming, play design, etc.  It was completely obvious the offense was in a funk and had been ever since 2 of the 3 top offensive minds (who had quite a bit of experience in those areas) left following the 2017 season.  It became stale, uncreative, and predictable.  It didn't work when Doug attempted to promote the inexperienced Groh and it probably would have led to the same (lack of) results had we promoted Taylor as Doug wanted to do.  Taylor needs more time learning before being thrown into such an important position.  

And now news of another coach from Pederson’s staff that is sticking around to be a part of Sirianni’s staff.  WR coach Aaron Moorehead will join Stoutland as the only coaching holdovers (thus far).  

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-reportedly-keeping-wrs-coach-aaron-moorehead

• Like 1

Flajole sounds like something I order on my burrito.  "I'll have the Joey Bag of Donuts, white rice, steak, cheese, cilantro, pico de gallos, flajole, and a side of queso please."  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Flajole sounds like something I order on my burrito.  

And Moorehead sounds like something you order at your favorite glory hole.

BAM!

:roll:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And Moorehead sounds like something you order at your favorite glory hole.

BAM!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

And now news of another coach from Pederson’s staff that is sticking around to be a part of Sirianni’s staff.  WR coach Aaron Moorehead will join Stoutland as the only coaching holdovers (thus far).  

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-reportedly-keeping-wrs-coach-aaron-moorehead

What did they see in 2020 that made them want to keep Moorehead. I get them wanting to stop the rotating door of coaches but...

24 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

What did they see in 2020 that made them want to keep Moorehead. I get them wanting to stop the rotating door of coaches but...

It mentions Reagor has a long-standing relationship with Moorehead.  So maybe this is a strategy to try to get the most out of their 2020 1st rd pick?  They could be desperate to get the most out of him considering all the heat we’ve received over taking him over Jefferson. 

38 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I do feel a little bit for Marquand. I thought it was a good hire at the time and I'm not sure he got a fair shake here to be honest. But hey he's employed again so good luck to him.