Coaches not returning: Manuel, Fipp, Staley, Taylor, Scangarello, Mornhinweg, Flajole

time2rock

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Press Taylor does not get fired then I'm at a complete loss with this organisation. 

He'll be fired only if Wentz says he's fired.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I know the Jaguars obviously were not good this year as a whole, but Jay Gruden would be an interesting OC candidate given his past success as the Bengals OC before struggling as a HC with the Redskins (now FT).

I'd stay away from those Grudens, whenever they lose a game or two they turn on their players, Jay did it in Washington and Jon has done it his entire career, he was the driving force to get Randall out  of town.

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I'd stay away from those Grudens, whenever they lose a game or two they turn on their players, Jay did it in Washington and Jon has done it his entire career, he was the driving force to get Randall out  of town.

Hmm, didn't think about that aspect but that's not a good sign from a head coach. Notably, the Eagles did interview Jay Gruden for the HC job in 2013 before they went with Chip Kelly, so I'd imagine there's a possibility they reach out to him again for the OC job, depending on how much they liked him as a candidate back then.

Gus Bradley was almost the HC until Chip Kelly decided to leave Oregon, but maybe there's a possibility he becomes our DC this time around, assuming the relationship is still good?

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe still they’re catering to Carson. Perhaps they don’t want him gone after all? Can’t say any of the quarterbacks looked good under his tutelage. All of them struggled this season.

Rumor: Howie asked Ertz to convince Wentz to want to stay.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I heard that too. Use Ertz one last time before trading him away. Howie is such a little worm.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe still they’re catering to Carson. Perhaps they don’t want him gone after all? Can’t say any of the quarterbacks looked good under his tutelage. All of them struggled this season.

If Press stays or worse gets promoted to OC then goodness me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Using Ertz before he stabs him in the back huh?

Scapegoat, who never had any authority, was sacrificed at the alter of hypocrisy...while Howie presides over the mess that he created.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

He'll be fired only if Wentz says he's fired.

Maybe they’ll trade him with Wentz :lol:

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Gee, you think that plan would involve extending Ertz to work.  Since that seems unlikely that is a pretty dumb approach (if true).  

What this team needs more than anything (relating to the offensive coaching staff) is a veteran coach who has served as an OC previously and who has experience working wtih QBs.  Someone like a Jim Caldwell would be a perfect hire.  But if I am being honest, I highly doubt we're going to end up with someone with a pedigree like that.  Based on comments Doug made not long ago ...

Everybody has great ideas, that's part of putting plans together.  But at the end of the day, I want to make sure there's one voice, and that's my voice that's heard offensively.

... I expect we'll end up with another Groh or Taylor that will contribute but Doug retain final say.  Doug needs to give up final say on play calling just as much as Howie needs to give up final say on personnel.  

The only way Doug will give up play calling is if he's forced to, which he should be. Let the new OC be an actual OC and call the f'n plays. Doug clearly sucks at it. It hasn't worked well for years. Let Doug do his rah rah locker room speeches and look dumb on the sideline and let the OC actually be an OC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Blutarski said:

The only way Doug will give up play calling is if he's forced to, which he should be. Let the new OC be an actual OC and call the f'n plays. Doug clearly sucks at it. It hasn't worked well for years. Let Doug do his rah rah locker room speeches and look dumb on the sideline and let the OC actually be an OC.

Problem is as well... How many OCs are going to come to Philly when they aren't going to be calling the plays? Surely they realise this?

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Problem is as well... How many OCs are going to come to Philly when they aren't going to be calling the plays? Surely they realise this?

I think that is the point John and many others (myself included) are trying to make ... Doug should be forced to give up play calling and focus on being a HC and running the entire team from a bigger perspective.  Hire a seasoned OC and give up final say on the offense to him.  

• Like 1

An OC will be just as non-valuable as a GM as long as Doug and Howie are both still here.

Just a window dressing hire, IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Letting contracts expire isn’t exactly the coaching changes I thought would happen

It was also announced they would hire a traditional OC (in addition to DC).  

On 1/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Press Taylor does not get fired then I'm at a complete loss with this organisation. 

Get out the broom and sweep 'em all outta here!! :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Get out the broom and sweep 'em all outta here!! :D

The fact he's not been fired yet troubles me. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 5:54 AM, time2rock said:

That last part is true, but I still never liked the whole "offense by committee" structure with so many voices.  Not sure if this is on Doug or was it Howie's and Lurie's idea to surround Doug with so many assistants, but I wish they'd pull their heads out of their arses and realize what worked best is when they had a seasoned, experienced OC (Reich) to work closely with Doug and go back to that structure.  

You would think a team coming off a sb victory just 2 years prior would refrain for making excuses for their 4 win season

Two different reports about Press Taylor. Eskin is hearing that Press will be fired. Sal Pal, is saying Press will be the OC. I prefer the former 

37 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Two different reports about Press Taylor. Eskin is hearing that Press will be fired. Sal Pal, is saying Press will be the OC. I prefer the former 

I believe Sal more than Eskin by a mile.

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Yeah, that'll solve everything.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Yeah, that'll solve everything.  :rolleyes:

I mean can you imagine? What the F would possess them to do that? Not only to keep Press around but to then promote him to OC?