Coaches not returning: Manuel, Fipp, Staley, Taylor, Scangarello, Mornhinweg, Flajole

time2rock

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

Good point.  So promoting Taylor to OC should only serve as nails in the coffins of Howie and Doug.  Pure genius!  I completely change my position.   🤘🏻

Doug at least. I'm wondering if Howie is a real life terminator-like indestructible being. Probably just indestructible in Jeffrey World though.

5 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Doug at least. I'm wondering if Howie is a real life terminator-like indestructible being. Probably just indestructible in Jeffrey World though.

I don’t know, Lurie fired his good buddy Banner after all those years.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Yeah, Lurie is loyal to a fault, but he does have his limits. I just wish they weren't set quite so high. The time will come, but it could be awhile.

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I get the feeling that Howie is like a son to Lurie, so the dynamics might be different.

Coaching Changes- Doug still here, has more say in staff? = a Early prediction of 5-12 for me, last in the div again. 

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Coaching Changes- Doug still here, has more say in staff? = a Early prediction of 5-12 for me, last in the div again. 

5-12 just looks so odd.

The times they are a’changin’.

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

5-12 just looks so odd.

The times they are a’changin’.

I like it. No more 50/50 team. You are either a winner or a loser. Well unless you get the extreme rare 8-8-1 lol

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

I like it. No more 50/50 team. You are either a winner or a loser. Well unless you get the extreme rare 8-8-1 lol

Haha yep!  

In 3 years when we play Cincy again!

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

The extreme rare of 8-8-1? A 17 game year is very very rare. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The extreme rare of 8-8-1? A 17 game year is very very rare.

That's because it's brand new.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

When does this 17 game year come in then? Next year?

Supposed to.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

When does this 17 game year come in then? Next year?

Already passed, its in effect next year. Didnt you look at the sch yet for home/away? Shows Jets is the game that can be home or away. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Already passed, its in effect next year. Didnt you look at the sch yet for home/away? Shows Jets is the game that can be home or away. 

You know what...I did see that but didn't really clock it. So is next year an 18 week season?

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know what...I did see that but didn't really clock it. So is next year an 18 week season?

Yes, 1 to 2 less preseason games(Still voting on that) and the 17th game will alternate each year on if its home or away.

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Well the potential silver lining of this approach is, if we make all of these changes this year and the team continues on it's 3 year downward trend in 2021, then perhaps Lurie will finally open  his eyes and realize greater changes are needed.  

The point is that situations like this never - NEVER - end well.       Everyone knows that it's not a matter of if the bottom will fall out, only how soon it will happen.

10 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

We can handle that as long as we play Cincy every year

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No, just the Eagles get a double bye week to figure out why they blew the first 1/2 of the season, so we get 16 games and the pre determined tie with Cincy which they just add on

6 hours ago, mjkvol said:

The point is that situations like this never - NEVER - end well.       Everyone knows that it's not a matter of if the bottom will fall out, only how soon it will happen.

Lurie needs to see for himself if it hurts when you jam a knife into an electrical outlet. 

13 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Yes, 1 to 2 less preseason games(Still voting on that) and the 17th game will alternate each year on if its home or away.

Good, an extra usless end of year game of trying not to get more injuries

17 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, Lurie is loyal to a fault, but he does have his limits. I just wish they weren't set quite so high. The time will come, but it could be awhile.

Probably is a bit tougher of a decision with Howie being that he has been with the Eagles for 21 years. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Probably is a bit tougher of a decision with Howie being that he has been with the Eagles for 21 years. 

That’s true, but Banner was here for a similar time frame, and even he was eventually allowed to "seek a new opportunity”. He was also Lurie’s childhood friend. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lurie needs to see for himself if it hurts when you jam a knife into an electrical outlet. 

An excellent analogy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I get the feeling that Howie is like a son to Lurie, so the dynamics might be different.

Maybe the team has to really suck for 2 years before Lurie makes major/painful changes.

From Lurie and the front office perspective think about the built in excuses and spin.  They did just win a championship in 2017, then made the playoffs 2 seasons after that.  They will chalk this up to 1 bad season and have to get it together next year.  They've been blaming injuries all year, COVID (despite every team facing that), they will now have new coordinators on both sides of the ball and other new position coaches.  

If they have a losing season next year and there is still turmoil at the QB position then Lurie might see the need and they can't call it a fluke 1 bad season.