Should we trade back in the draft? Or should we stay put?

Traveler Vic

Stay Put? Or Trade down?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should we:

• Trade Down
    • Stay Put

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Trade 6 to Denver for 9 and 41.

Then trade 9 to SF for 12 and 45.

Now you have 12, 38, 41 and 45. Thats serious ammo to rebuild with a strong young core.  BPA at each pick without repeating positions. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

And Howie screws up every pick. 

Yup.

Maybe 1 guy becomes a JAG/ok starter in 3 years. The rest bust.

Meanwhile several guys they could have taken at #6 become immediate impact players and star elite talent. 

• Like 2

The Teflon jackass is making the picks....hard to be overly invested one way or the other.

Lurie can rot in hell for keeping that POS around.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DevilMayRage said:

The Teflon jackass is making the picks....hard to be overly invested one way or the other.

Lurie can rot in hell for keeping that POS around.

You know what... I made a vow to myself that this year I'd have a more positive outlook on things. That I wouldn't be so negative

So far it's working well for me in general life. I'm approaching problems and issues with a different stance. I feel better about myself especially given the tough climate we find ourselves in. 

But this situation with the Eagles? I just can't find a way to be positive about it. I can't be positive about Lurie defending Howie and Howie remaining in post and making the picks. There's no positive take on that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know what... I made a vow to myself that this year I'd have a more positive outlook on things. That I wouldn't be so negative

So far it's working well for me in general life. I'm approaching problems and issues with a different stance. I feel better about myself especially given the tough climate we find ourselves in. 

Good for you!

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But this situation with the Eagles? I just can't find a way to be positive about it. I can't be positive about Lurie defending Howie and Howie remaining in post and making the picks. There's no positive take on that. 

I think there is. Try to stick with your good idea and WAIT AND SEE who we actually draft and hire before you go all doom and gloom.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

I think there is. Try to stick with your good idea and WAIT AND SEE who we actually draft and hire before you go all doom and gloom.

But the overwhelming evidence is that our GM CAN'T DRAFT FOR ISH.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But the overwhelming evidence is that our GM CAN'T DRAFT FOR ISH.

No. I too have not always been happy with our drafting, but we did hit on some picks and missed on others. 

To say all the players drafted suck is just not fair at all. And lets talk Mailata: How does THAT pick look now, hm?

From what Lurie said, he did have a good plan, it just didn't always pan out. But we did have a couple of really good picks, and there are a few picks where we can't tell for sure if they will pan out, too. 

49 minutes ago, Infam said:

No. I too have not always been happy with our drafting, but we did hit on some picks and missed on others. 

To say all the players drafted suck is just not fair at all. And lets talk Mailata: How does THAT pick look now, hm?

Have we? Who?

Mailata was not really a Howie pick let's be honest. That was a Stoutland pick and most credit there goes to him. Howie deserves a little bit of credit for listening though. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, What The F said:

Now you have 12, 38, 41 and 45. Thats serious ammo to rebuild with a strong young core.  BPA at each pick without repeating positions. 

+ whatever late 1st/early 2nd you get for Wentz or Hurts :ph34r:

It may not be the most foolproof plan but at some point here you have to take a chance that the next draft is going to hit. Can't just be scared of the draft/expect it to fail every year bc it has in the past.

You get enough/the right picks while also being capstrapped as we are, maybe you reset this whole thing and finally have that sorely needed Lito/Sheldon Brown/Michael Lewis/Westbrook draft. 

I voted stay put only because the smart thing would be to trade down, collect draft picks and rebuild this team but the problem is the person picking those draft picks. At least at 6, he is less likely to screw up the pick.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, Madriver said:

Last time we had a pick close to this high we made several trades to nab Wentz.

I could see us doing something similar, except trading back to acquire a lot more 2nd-3rd rounders.

One blue chip player in the first is not anywhere near to solving all this team's issues.

I would feel better about that if we had a guy making picks who has demonstrated an ability to draft well in the lower half of the 1st round/2nd/3rd rounds.If Howie still has final say we don't have that IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

I would feel better about that if we had a guy making picks who has demonstrated an ability to draft well in the lower half of the 1st round/2nd/3rd rounds.If Howie still has final say we don't have that IMO.

True, and I agree. It's just that if you're going to give a monkey a chance to throw mud and hit a wall, do you just give him one lump of mud and hope for the best? Or give him several and hope for the best?

Who’s our coach going to be? What scheme and philosophy will he implement? 
I need those answers first.

10 hours ago, Madriver said:

True, and I agree. It's just that if you're going to give a monkey a chance to throw mud and hit a wall, do you just give him one lump of mud and hope for the best? Or give him several and hope for the best?

The argument is that the monkey's aim is better if he's one of the first to throw mud. I'd prefer to get a monkey with better aim period.

• Haha 1

That depends what they think of Patrick Surtain. The Eagles went out and got a "top" corner this year in Darius Slay. What did it do for the defense? Do they think Surtain is Patrick Peterson or Jalen Ramsey? If so, he's in the discussion that high. If not, we move to...

You grab Chase or Smith. It's a passing league and both are insane weapons. Fix Wentz, get rid of Wentz and keep Hurts or blow it all up and get a new QB ... weapons are the name of the game. 

Would you rather have Jamarr Chase/Devonte Smith and Asante Samuel Jr. or Patrick Surtain and Chris Olave? 

To me, that's not even up for debate. 

So, you can trade back, but I'd make sure you get one of those two receivers. At this point I am a lot more indifferent on which receiver than I was before. Really depends on who they bring in and what the offense is. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 9:48 PM, What The F said:

And if you can do something with those like:

12 Caleb Farley CB

38 Chris Olave WR

41 Andre Cisco S

45 Landon Dickerson C

Sure, that would work. 

But so does:

6 Ja’marr Chase WR

38 Asante Samuel Jr CB

On 1/12/2021 at 6:31 AM, Uscg-green said:

I want Smith!

I’d rather Chase but Smith is a good consolation prize. 

On 1/12/2021 at 6:31 AM, Uscg-green said:

I want Smith!

Another receiver we can watch not being thrown to?

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d prefer Chase over Smith. But I’m sure Hurts will get the ball to either one just fine. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don't worry, I'll get the videos posted.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Don't worry, I'll get the videos posted.

At this point I’m no longer blaming the receivers. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I’d prefer Chase over Smith. But I’m sure Hurts will get the ball to either one just fine. 

Apparently Carson’s the starter according to his worshippers. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

At this point I’m no longer blaming the receivers. 

Yeah, makes sense that they wanted to bring in Hurts’ college coach to stick with Wentz. 

57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I'd hope that whoever we hire as the new HC will be given the liberty of choosing who starts.  That they'll have a plan for both QBs and allow an open competition - may the better QB win.  But with Lurie meddling in much more than any owner should, who knows.  

56 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah, makes sense that they wanted to bring in Hurts’ college coach to stick with Wentz. 

Does it even seem like they have any real direction to begin with? Just a week ago Peterson was their coach and one interview changed that. Now they’re interviewing while everyone else is hiring. 

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd hope that whoever we hire as the new HC will be given the liberty of choosing who starts.  That they'll have a plan for both QBs and allow an open competition - may the better QB win.  But with Lurie meddling in much more than any owner should, who knows.  

Well the reports were 11 wanted to be traded if he wasn’t starting so if he’s here and he’s running coaches out of town I guess he’s starting. 

Stay put Chase, Smith or Surtain. This team needs impact players in addition to rebuilding.