Should we trade back in the draft? Or should we stay put?

Traveler Vic

Stay Put? Or Trade down?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should we:

• Trade Down
    • Stay Put

On 1/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, Outlaw said:

Well I like him better than Surtain...but 6 is high for either of them IMO. 

Yes - if a team wants a QB and will overpay for our pick, we can get a starting Cb and a lot more, especially if we trade ertz for a second day pick as we can’t afford him anyway. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, EagleVA said:

Get Farley @6 and wait on your 2nd round pick.

Farley???? Seriously?

2017 Torn ACL

2018 Bad Year

2019 Great Year,

2020 Sat out because of pandemic

2021 Eagles are dumb enough to pick One Year Wonder??? Did we not learn anything from 2017?

There are no great Corners in this draft..and reaching for one with a 6th pick..is Something I would expect only Howie to do.

9 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

2021 Eagles are dumb enough to pick One Year Wonder??? Did we not learn anything from 2017?

The scary thing is... I think that's exactly the kind of move that this Eagles FO might make! Once again they will think they are the smartest in the room by drafting Farley because of what they believe is his upside.

13 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Farley???? Seriously?

2017 Torn ACL

2018 Bad Year

2019 Great Year,

2020 Sat out because of pandemic

There are no great Corners in this draft..and reaching for one with a 6th pick..is Something I would expect only Howie to do.

I’d much rather have Campbell or Samuel in R2 than either Surtain or Farley at 6. 

• Like 1

An easy way to put this debate to rest is to ask yourself this question (and be honest with yourself):

Would you be more excited about the draft if the Eagles had:

Option A:

1st round (6th overall)

2nd

3rd

5th

5th

6th

7th

Or if they had:

Option B:

1st round (12th overall)

2nd round

2nd round

3rd round

4th round

5th round

5th round

5th round

6th round

7th round

If you would be more excited about the draft for option B.....then you made your choice.

6 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

An easy way to put this debate to rest is to ask yourself this question (and be honest with yourself):

Would you be more excited about the draft if the Eagles had:

Option A:

1st round (6th overall)

2nd

3rd

5th

5th

6th

7th

Or if they had:

Option B:

1st round (12th overall)

2nd round

2nd round

3rd round

4th round

5th round

5th round

5th round

6th round

7th round

If you would be more excited about the draft for option B.....then you made your choice.

Option A could get me Julio Jones. Option B could get me Dee Miliner. I’ll take A. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Option A could get me Julio Jones. Option B could get me Dee Miliner. I’ll take A. 

Not so much in this year's draft.  From what I'm seeing so far, this draft has a lot of talent and potential well into the 2ns, 3rd and 4th rounds...it's more "diluted" so to speak than a typical draft when you have 30-40 really strong prospects.  This one has about 80-100 decent-strong projections.  So although there might not be as many "sure fire" hits, there's more of a chance you'll get a few in the mid rounds. 

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Not so much in this year's draft.  From what I'm seeing so far, this draft has a lot of talent and potential well into the 2ns, 3rd and 4th rounds...it's more "diluted" so to speak than a typical draft when you have 30-40 really strong prospects.  This one has about 80-100 decent-strong projections.  So although there might not be as many "sure fire" hits, there's more of a chance you'll get a few in the mid rounds. 

I get what you’re saying, but I’d rather take my chances with the 6th pick rather than moving backward. You can also consider the 2nd round pick (the Eagles don’t seem to value that pick at all really) is high enough they could use it to trade down for more picks or trade back into the first if there is a guy they really like. There’s also the picks for Wentz that could possibly be in play too. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I actually think they may move up you know. I think they are going to go after a QB IF they trade Wentz. 

Hope they just give Hurts a year to show them. They wanted to rebuild 2-5 years anyways, why trade up for a QB if that is your plan?

If anything, lets trade down and in combination with a pick for Wentz we would have plenty of picks to build up the right way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Hope they just give Hurts a year to show them. They wanted to rebuild 2-5 years anyways, why trade up for a QB if that is your plan?

If anything, lets trade down and in combination with a pick for Wentz we would have plenty of picks to build up the right way.

Oh I agree. I'm OK if they take Fields at #6 but I don't want them to trade up. This is a rebuild, go get top young pieces. 

• Like 2

Stay Put. You don't get top 10 picks that often. When you have them you take a top ten player. 

17 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Stay Put. You don't get top 10 picks that often. When you have them you take a top ten player. 

This team might be getting quite a few over the next few years. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This team might be getting quite a few over the next few years. 

yeah it's possible.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

yeah it's possible.

Howie and Lurie used the Wentz draft as the reason why they weren’t able to draft well, (even though they got a pick back for Bradford) but if they get some picks back by trading Wentz the excuses are gone. Howie better prove his worth this draft.