Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, CaliEagle said:

Well, Howie is the black eye that doesn't heal. 

I hate Howie.

How worst can it get for us if MCd do-do brains Howie meddling lurie and crybaby whiner wentz are in our fortune. That would be darkest day as an eagles fan 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I hate Howie.

I bet Howie is Lurie's main social contact in the office.  I think Lurie's issue is co-dependence.  And, maybe he doesn't trust himself to lead a new search for a personnel director because he hasn't gone outside the organization to do it for over a couple of decades.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I bet Howie is Lurie's main social contact in the office.  I think Lurie's issue is co-dependence.  And, maybe he doesn't trust himself to lead a new search for a personnel director because he hasn't gone outside the organization to do it for over a couple of decades.

And that's a shame. Lurie's been around long enough now to have built relationships around the league. He even admitted he keeps his eye on candidates all the time if I'm not mistaken.

18 minutes ago, EaglesFan1234 said:

Yeah, if McDaniels is hired, I am done with the Eagles until McDaniels is fired 

Me too mate. I bleed green but this is a heartache indicating lurie doesn’t give a crap

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And that's a shame. Lurie's been around long enough now to have built relationships around the league. He even admitted he keeps his eye on candidates all the time if I'm not mistaken.

I'm pretty sure he lets Howie lead the coaching searches. So, if he cans Howie, Lurie has to lead the search for a personnel guy.  I don't even remember if Lurie has ever hired a personnel control person from outside the organization.  It was Banner before Howie. So, that was a promotion.  I think the last time Lurie has hired a personnel director from the outside was Modrak in 1998 or Andy Reid as HC and personnel.

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

And that might be a reason why they’re interested in so many defensive minded HC candidates.

An offensive minded HC wants to implement his own scheme and he probably needs a specific triggerman to run it. The majority might not be happy if the organisation forces Wentz on them and even asks them prioritizing salvaging him.

A defensive minded HC will leave that to the OC and QB coach. Hence the interest in Saleh, Mayo, Bowles and B. Staley.

In today’s NFL, I just wouldn’t prefer to hire a defensive HC. Even if he is successful and who for arguments sake finds a good OC who turns around Wentz and the Eagles have a great offense - that guy will become a hot candidate for HC. Whereas if it was the other way around, you have a better chance of retaining your DC simply because less teams are hiring defensive coaches to be the HC.

Wonder why no interest in Nathaniel Hackett.  He’s someone that would likely interest me, at least more so than McDaniels, Kafka, Moore, etc

I’m thinking McDaniels is the choice. They interviewed Mayo because that’s who McDaniels will pick at DC. I would assume Gase takes the Patriots OC spot. It’s already rumored he is joining their staff.

Smith, Bienemy, Saleh, Brady, Staley are all future head coaches. It’s smart to see how they will operate. Interviewing Moore is just trying to get an edge on the Cowboys. 

Duce is the backup plan. Probably the OC too.

Who the F wants McDaniels? I’d rather have Duce and I don’t want him. We are going to be stuck with a scrub cause they are forcing Wentz on the candidate.

3 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Who the F wants McDaniels? I’d rather have Duce and I don’t want him. We are going to be stuck with a scrub cause they are forcing Wentz on the candidate.

I wouldn’t be happy with McDaniels, but maybe he learned from his time in Denver and spending more time with Belichick. They kept winning with limited weapons in Brady’s last few years. So, at least there is some hope. 

If they give the job to Duce, it is just admitting failure. Giving the job to a guy because he has been hanging around for a decade. It would be absurd. 

On 1/15/2021 at 5:02 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Underperforming? A bad year is just over 400 yards and 33 points per game?

This year was Harrell 2nd year at USC. While his experience is small (relatively speaking) it has been fairly impressive.

Let him stay in the Pac12 with Chip.

Besides, he doesn't fit the pattern.

The Eagles hired an NFL coach... then a college coach... then a high school coach.
It's obvious they'll be trolling the junior highs next.

10 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I wouldn’t be happy with McDaniels, but maybe he learned from his time in Denver and spending more time with Belichick. They kept winning with limited weapons in Brady’s last few years. So, at least there is some hope. 

If they give the job to Duce, it is just admitting failure. Giving the job to a guy because he has been hanging around for a decade. It would be absurd. 

I feel like Duce would get it because he's the most controllable.

28 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I feel like Duce would get it because he's the most controllable.

Exactly. He has ZERO other options, so he will agree to anything. Howie wants to call plays? No problem. Lurie wants to set the lineup? You got it. 

Getting McDaniels would likely be an epic fail. Just go with Staley at this point, he’s an eagles guy and all the players love him. Hire some good coordinates to help Duce out and call plays and let’s get this rolling.

9 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

Getting McDaniels would likely be an epic fail. Just go with Staley at this point, he’s an eagles guy and all the players love him. Hire some good coordinates to help Duce out and call plays and let’s get this rolling.

McDaniels >>>>> Duce. He has actual, what’s it called...experience and accomplishments. 

To be clear, I would be disappointed if we hired McDaniels. I would be embarrassed and probably watch a lot less if we just hire the guy who has been hanging around for a decade because no other team has tried to hire him. 

Better be Joe Brady now that we lost out on Arthur Smith.

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Do those of you that wanted Rams DC still want him? :ph34r:

Who is their defensive coordinator? Lol

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who is their defensive coordinator? Lol

Rodgers makes a lot of Defensive coordinations look silly.

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Do those of you that wanted Rams DC still want him? :ph34r:

Eh, Donald clearly isn’t 100% and no Kupp is a huge hit to LA’s O. They kept it competitive until that absurdly good Lazard catch.  I think it was more a testament to Hackett than a knock on Staley. 

Will he start Wentz cause if not he’s out.

Maybe I’m in the minority here, I want to give Wentz another shot, yes he had a horrible year but he has shown me enough that I believe he can be saved with someone other than Press Taylor as his coach. You don’t just get rid of him and take a huge hit on your cap, not to mention all the draft pick you used to get him for one crappy season. 

51 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

McDaniels >>>>> Duce. He has actual, what’s it called...experience and accomplishments. 

To be clear, I would be disappointed if we hired McDaniels. I would be embarrassed and probably watch a lot less if we just hire the guy who has been hanging around for a decade because no other team has tried to hire him. 

McDaniels has shown he sucks as a head coach and seems like a terrible person. Idk I would rather have an unknown in Duce than have a guy we know will be out in 2-3 years. He doesn’t have Brady anymore to control the offense.

Archived