Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Looks like Dan Campbell, Saints TE coach will be the next coach of the Detroit Lions.

Leaves Brady for us. That would be a the biggest swing for the fences hire. Dude is touted as a potential genius for what he did at LSU but he is also very young and inexperienced - could also just blow up.

Thought that might the competition for us given their GM hire.

I want to parody the Driedel song by substituting Daboll.

Daboll, Daboll, Daboll, please help our team to play.

Daboll, Daboll, Daboll, make Howie go away...

There goes Arthur Smith... Not that I thought he was a great candidate but Eagles were apparently interested.

It's going to be Duce. 

Alot of minority's being interviewed but none hired, with that said I would be surprised if Bienemy or Duce isn't our coach.

59 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I keep hearing all this...but not about his actual qualifications like play calling, game management, etc.  Maybe he'll be great who knows, but I never hear anyone cite qualifications just that he's great and players love him.

Hoping if Duce is the guy we have a legit OC under him that handles play calling.  

1 hour ago, Thing3 said:

To be clear I'm not advocating for him to become HC either. However, I also think it wouldn't be a horrible move if they can't land one of the leading candidates. In a year or so, when we have shed the QB and cap situations, there may be more options out there for HC if Duce isn't working out. I think Duce may be the only guy that would be willing to eat the ish sandwich the FO is serving up right now.

Not bad points, but it sure as hell doesn't give us a lot to look forward to for the next couple of years.

Listen, to me the whole coaching search is a colossal waste of time if Roseman is going to remain, which he clearly is.

24 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Yeah, an underperforming college OC is just what we need.

Underperforming? A bad year is just over 400 yards and 33 points per game?

This year was Harrell 2nd year at USC. While his experience is small (relatively speaking) it has been fairly impressive.

15 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I want to parody the Driedel song by substituting Daboll.

Daboll, Daboll, Daboll, please help our team to play.

Daboll, Daboll, Daboll, make Howie go away...

I hope the Eagles get him, too. But, I think the Chargers will hire him.  

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Philly is hands down, no contest, the worst HC vacancy available.

Detroit is worse. 

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I don't think so.  Detroit has a new GM, ready to move on from Stafford, stud young WR, low bar of expectations and overly forgiving ownership.  A potential clean slate, that's the key phrase and the #1 thing that makes a HC job desirable.

They do not have a stud young WR. Golladay, Jones, Amendola and Sanu are ALL FAs this year. 

PS- NO to Wade Phillips. We do NOT have 3-4 personnel. 

1 hour ago, T-1000 said:

You said he chose the Jets over the Eagles though which is different than what you are saying now and something nobody else has reported. There is plenty to pile on the Eagles about right now without having making crap up to criticize them for. 

He’s not an Eagles coach and they interviewed him. If they didn’t consider him they wouldn’t have interviewed. That’s the bottom line. 

29 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Hoping if Duce is the guy we have a legit OC under him that handles play calling.  

They do have to be careful with those ambitious play calling OCs. They are looking to become head coaches themselves. They could be gone in a year or two and you’re back to square one. 

So I guess this is where we are at to recap:

Jaguars - Urban Meyer

Jets - Robert Saleh

Falcons - Arthur Smith

Lions - Dan Campbell* (front-runner, not official)*

Texans - ???

Chargers- ???

Eagles - ???

Dan Campbell, Brian Daboll, and Eric Bieniemy cannot be hired until after their teams are finished with their playoff run, so things may be a bit quiet for the remaining teams for a while. Joe Brady is also still available, so assuming the Lions stick with Campbell, we still have a good chance at landing one of the top candidates.

My guess is that Daboll takes the Chargers job and Bieniemy takes the Texans job (after significant pressure upon ownership by Deshaun Watson), leaving us with Joe Brady, who I would consider a high-risk high-reward hire. Maybe the Texans decide they don't care what Watson thinks and go with Brady instead, leaving us Bieniemy versus our other interviewed candidates like Kellen Moore, Jerod Mayo, Todd Bowles, etc...

Should be an interesting week

38 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Alot of minority's being interviewed but none hired, with that said I would be surprised if Bienemy or Duce isn't our coach.

I could care less about race, skin color, ethnicity.... if that purple Neptunian over there in the corner is the MOST qualified, then purple man gets the job. Period. If we have a white, green, purple, orange, black, brown, hazel or any other qualified coach- I'm backing them.

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They do have to be careful with those ambitious play calling OCs. They are looking to become head coaches themselves. They could be gone in a year or two and you’re back to square one. 

Would be the same result if we hired a defensive-minded HC who in turn hired a legit OC.  Anyway not sure I like a structure like we just got out of where we have a HC who is also OC unless the guy is brilliant with Xs and Os, adjusting his scheme to fit the strengths of his players, etc.  I just think bring a HC already carries so much response that it is best to have him focus on that.  

You can debate whether or not this should matter, but if you hire Mike Kafka you are in for a media firestorm. Mike Kafka is not worth a media firestorm.

50 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

Not bad points, but it sure as hell doesn't give us a lot to look forward to for the next couple of years.

Listen, to me the whole coaching search is a colossal waste of time if Roseman is going to remain, which he clearly is.

It's not a waste of time. Howie has to have somebody to blame. The Eagles are not going to get one of the premium picks because what happened here with Doug is not a secret. Who of the desirable candidates is going to risk being next? So yeah, I can see Duce being the next victim - er -head coach.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

We'd still be better off than we are today.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There goes Arthur Smith... Not that I thought he was a great candidate but Eagles were apparently interested.

It's going to be Duce. 

If we had hired Arthur Smith, the next million dollar question would’ve been; who will be our Derrick Henry? 

1 hour ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Robert Saleh got hired by the Jets. 

So we are interviewing not 1 not 2 but 3 coaches nobody else is. It looks to me like they are seeing what coach they can force Wentz on and that would be a Mayo Duce or Kafka.

40 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

You can debate whether or not this should matter, but if you hire Mike Kafka you are in for a media firestorm. Mike Kafka is not worth a media firestorm.

Whenever I hear about Mike Kafka, I can't help but remember this video from the 2011 Dream Team season. (Actual video more entertaining than thumbnail indicates)

So, if the Lions hire Campbell, that leaves three quality candidates for 3 jobs. Daboll, Brady and Bienemy. I would be happy with any, and my preference is the order listed. I think Daboll to the Chargers, Bienemy to Houston and we hire the whiz kid. Not sure why people are having a stroke - if we aren’t stupid, we are set to get a strong OC as coach. 

Given where things stand, if this team is dumb enough to promote a guy who no other NFL team had ever shown ANY interest in, then we are a complete laughing stock and the new Browns. 

11 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

So, if the Lions hire Campbell, that leaves three quality candidates for 3 jobs. Daboll, Brady and Bienemy. I would be happy with any, and my preference is the order listed. I think Daboll to the Chargers, Bienemy to Houston and we hire the whiz kid. Not sure why people are having a stroke - if we aren’t stupid, we are set to get a strong OC as coach. 

Given where things stand, if this team is dumb enough to promote a guy who no other NFL team had ever shown ANY interest in, then we are a complete laughing stock and the new Browns. 

i like daboll best, then smith and brady then riley

dont want bienamy.

Archived