Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Rams DC is now in the running??? A bit surprising to me. Leave no stone unturned and interview as many cadidates as possible, I guess.

I wonder....how much "interference" is run during a coaching search, similar to the NFL Draft... it's very common to use subterfuge to throw off everyone else....Eagles might hint that they are enamored with  player 'A' in the draft (when they really want player 'B')...so another team enamored with player 'A' takes him for fear of losing him and the Eagles end up with 'B' as they intended....

so I wonder if the same dynamic applied to HC candidates. Eagles put in a slip to interview a guy they really have no interest in...but it creates a buzz...maybe even a panic in the team that actually wants the guy..so they scramble to hire him...then the Eagles go after the actual guy they were targeting...

Eric Bieniemy, Duce Staley, Joe Brady, Mike Kafka, Kellen Moore,Todd Bowles, Brandon Staley, Jerrod Mayo that is who is left that they've been linked to :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Eric Bieniemy, Duce Staley, Joe Brady, Mike Kafka, Kellen Moore,Todd Bowles, Brandon Staley, Jerrod Mayo that is who is left that they've been linked to :rolleyes:

Mr. Coach Klein on Twitter: "that's a bunch of crap @CNN" ???

Brady would be worth the risk. I mean I think he did an ok job with the Panthers considering no CMC, not really any decent TE’s and working with Bridgewater. Moore, Samuel and Robbie Anderson all had nice years. And obviously had a lot of success at LSU. He seems the type of guy Lurie would roll the dice on. 

30 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Duce = HC

Kafka =  OC

Mayo = DC

DONE.

I think I just threw up in my mouth

Daboll was my guy from day 1 but if Chargers land him as they are saying in the media I am just not thrilled about any of the other candidates. Now dont get me wrong, Doug had to go this year. I guess Id roll the dice with Brady or Eric.

However speaks loudly that Eric was passed up last year and not a single mention this year by any team after everyone in the NFL said he would be the "hot" name this off season. 

If Kafka is the man, Id be more disappointed. Hes no different from Doug. So Id be unhappy for the next few years till they fire him seeing it was a poor choice. 

1 hour ago, T-1000 said:

1. Brady

2. Mayo or Brandon Staley

3. Duce

4. Everyone else on the list

13 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

1. Brady

2. Mayo or Brandon Staley

3. Duce

4. Everyone else on the list

Yeah that’s kind of how I feel. Daboll has been my guy since Doug officially let go. If not him or Riley, I want Brady. Even without CMC they still committed to running the ball, and his three top wideouts had career years with Teddy Bridgewater playing QB. They were in a tough division with the Bucs and Saints, so I’m not looking at W/L record to gauge his success. There is also the potential to put him and Ja’marr Chase together again...

I wonder if the Eagles actually made an offer to any of the candidates interviewed. I really believe Howie is the problem here. How is this guy so untouchable? 

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

@Moderator5 @Moderator6 Need the poll fixed

I think the problem is even though it’s a "new poll” since it’s the same thread it won’t let anyone who answered the first one answer again. 

163B8B78-718F-4AEA-A4D2-01A88997F255.gif

9 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

If this is true, not many coaches will want to come here. Coaches want to pick their own guy. Even if a candidate likes Wentz, they won't like the FO and personnel director dictating it ahead of time. And, if it's true, you can expect a less prominent name as HC. I could see Duce taking it or a special teams coach or position coach who wants to make a leap to HC. 

15 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Is muslim considered a minority in the NFL's standards?

Lebanese is.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I think the problem is even though it’s a "new poll” since it’s the same thread it won’t let anyone who answered the first one answer again. 

163B8B78-718F-4AEA-A4D2-01A88997F255.gif

I've voted in polls before where you could change your answer, can you edit the poll options? 

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If this is true, not many coaches will want to come here. Coaches want to pick their own guy. Even if a candidate likes Wentz, they won't like the FO and personnel director dictating it ahead of time. And, if it's true, you can expect a less prominent name as HC. I could see Duce taking it or a special teams coach or position coach who wants to make a leap to HC. 

Yep.  For a guy like Daboll, no wonder he has zero interest in coming here.  Who in their right mind would be handcuffed to Wentz when he could coach Justin Herbert instead?

5 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Yep.  For a guy like Daboll, no wonder he has zero interest in coming here.  Who in their right mind would be handcuffed to Wentz when he could coach Justin Herbert instead?

Sadly I agree. I think any coach coming in to Philly should want to be able to make a decision regarding the QB. I don't think anyone wants to be handcuffed to Wentz after the year he's just had and the now fairly regular reports that come out about him. 

We aren’t getting Daboll we are getting someone they can dictate to to play Wentz and not pick his own staff. So it’s going to be guys nobody else is interviewing like Kafka and Duce.

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth

Underwhelming, for sure. 😂

But I don't think they are going to get too much better than that. Too many dreamers on this board who think the best and brightest Coaches are coming to this team.

18 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Underwhelming, for sure. 😂

But I don't think they are going to get too much better than that. Too many dreamers on this board who think the best and brightest Coaches are coming to this team.

Or perhaps too many pessimists that think we’re the browns because of one bad season? How many playoff appearances and super bowls have the jags, jets, chargers, falcons, lions and Texans had in the last 20 years? Like it or not the eagles have been a successful franchise with Lurie and Howie, it will appeal to coaches far more than some here believe.

Archived