Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s not an Eagles coach and they interviewed him. If they didn’t consider him they wouldn’t have interviewed. That’s the bottom line. 

Considering him and offering him the job with him turning it down are two COMPLETELY different things.

40 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Definitely. Seeing the Linc actually burned to the ground would be pretty entertaining. 

Ha idk I feel like most would just find it comical. With how dysfunctional the team and really the whole country is right now, we all need a good laugh. Screw it. 

48 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Considering him and offering him the job with him turning it down are two COMPLETELY different things.

Considering him means they have interest. We don’t know if they wanted to hire him, cause they were too slow to act. Or maybe he thought the idea of having Howie Roseman and Lurie telling him who will be his coaches is just ridiculous. So when Duce is hired as the next coach or someone to that effect I’m sure it will be cause they think he’s the best option....NOT!

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Considering him means they have interest. We don’t know if they wanted to hire him, cause they were too slow to act. Or maybe he thought the idea of having Howie Roseman and Lurie telling him who will be his coaches is just ridiculous. So when Duce is hired as the next coach or someone to that effect I’m sure it will be cause they think he’s the best option....NOT!

Yet you had no problem saying that Saleh chose the Jets over the Eagles and bashed them for it which is what started this entire conversation :facepalm:

I do not think we have to worry about getting Garrett, Garrett is a finalist for the Chargers head coaching job after having an excellent interview and I would be surprised if Garrett does not get the head coaching job

From the remaining choices as of now I would prefer Daboll or Brady; the Eagles need to get a fresh offensive mind.  Someone to scheme players open — which is supposed to be Brady’s stock-and-trade.

No to Duce, no to Bowles, and no to Kafka unless it’s for OC.  If the Eagles screw this up and don’t get an innovative play caller for Wentz to work with, the Eagles will be a sub .500 team for the foreseeable future.  Who knows, maybe we’ll see some new names pop up next week after more teams are eliminated.

18 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

From the remaining choices as of now I would prefer Daboll or Brady; the Eagles need to get a fresh offensive mind.  Someone to scheme players open — which is supposed to be Brady’s stock-and-trade.

No to Duce, no to Bowles, and no to Kafka unless it’s for OC.  If the Eagles screw this up and don’t get an innovative play caller for Wentz to work with, the Eagles will be a sub .500 team for the foreseeable future.  Who knows, maybe we’ll see some new names pop up next week after more teams are eliminated.

If you were Daboll, would you rather take the Chargers or Eagles job? Easy answer IMO. Give me the LA gig! No QB controversy, healthier cap situation, better FO and coaching staff nucleus etc, etc.

We’ll either give Duce the job and surround him with a quality staff or hand it to a young up and coming coördinator like Brady, Moore or Kafka if they impress Lurie.

Unless another name pops up, those are the guys I’m keeping a close eye on.

9 hours ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

If we had hired Arthur Smith, the next million dollar question would’ve been; who will be our Derrick Henry? 

Oh I agree with you. I wasn't big on the Smith train to be honest with you. I'm just saying it's another candidate down. 

I do not see Eagles hiring anyone from outside...because frankly the situation is not that appealing. So it looks like Duce will be the next head coach by the process of NO ONE ALSO WANTS IT.

13 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I do not see Eagles hiring anyone from outside...because frankly the situation is not that appealing. So it looks like Duce will be the next head coach by the process of NO ONE ALSO WANTS IT.

They need a place holder while they get out of this post SB mess with old players and the cap.  Welcome, Duce.

6 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Yet you had no problem saying that Saleh chose the Jets over the Eagles and bashed them for it which is what started this entire conversation :facepalm:

All I know is he’s the coach of the Jets and the Eagles are still looking for one. If you’re happy about that congratulations. 

3 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I agree with you 100%, give me Daboll or Brady, I have to admit though, I am a little intrigued by Duce if he surrounds himself with a good DC and OC.

10 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Take it with a grain of salt (this page accurately reported the Arthur Smith hiring and Josh Gordon suspension news today so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt), but apparently Jason Garrett is a legit finalist for the Chargers job. If the Chargers are foolish enough to pass up on Brian Daboll for Garrett, it only further ensures our chances of landing him or Joe Brady. If the Texans go Bieniemy then we'll have our pick of the two!

Screenshot_20210115-191823_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e50dda691c50932706172593b7f55065.jpg

That would obviously be good for us should LA hire Garrett, but it still wouldn't guarantee either would be options for us.  I mean either of them could elect to decline the opportunity here.  Has Daboll been linked to us at all yet? 

9 hours ago, vikas83 said:

He has been a coordinator of a record setting offense. It really isn’t that hard to understand. OC of top offense in the league vs. RB coach on one of the worst offenses in the league...yeah, same resume. 

Without comparing the two (because your point is vaild), it is also a valid point that Andy runs the show in KC, so it is hard to know how much influence / say Bieniemy has on the offense.  They also have the best QB in the league and a stacked roster on offense (Hill, Kelce, Hardman, EWdwards-Helaire, Watkins, a solid OL, etc.) - it would be almost impossible to not be successful.  

4 hours ago, Ray75 said:

If you were Daboll, would you rather take the Chargers or Eagles job? Easy answer IMO. Give me the LA gig! No QB controversy, healthier cap situation, better FO and coaching staff nucleus etc, etc.

We’ll either give Duce the job and surround him with a quality staff or hand it to a young up and coming coördinator like Brady, Moore or Kafka if they impress Lurie.

Unless another name pops up, those are the guys I’m keeping a close eye on.

That's like trying to pick one of either Rosie O'Donnell, Roseann Barr, or Whoopi Goldberg to win a beauty contest against Kate Beckinsale.  

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That's like trying to pick one of either Rosie O'Donnell, Roseann Barr, or Whoopi Goldberg to win a beauty contest against Kate Beckinsale.  

Indeed! That’s how F’d we are...

Gun to my head, I’d probably do Roseann but they have to make me and I’d probably cry. 😂

13 hours ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

If we had hired Arthur Smith, the next million dollar question would’ve been; who will be our Derrick Henry? 

Rhamondre Stevenson

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Indeed! That’s how F’d we are...

Gun to my head, I’d probably do Roseann but they have to make me and I’d probably cry. 😂

lol I'd choose the gun! 

Of that list, I sure hope it is Brady (Beckinsale).  I will absolutely hate if it is Kafka or Moore.  It would be as bad as hiring Gase.  

Daboll, Daboll, Daboll, we need you here today,

Daboll, Daboll,  Daboll, make Howie go away...

4 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Yeah, Daboll should be their No.1 target but he’ll probably take the Chargers gig.

9 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

At this point I'd have to think he would be the best candidate.  

14 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Yeah, Daboll should be their No.1 target but he’ll probably take the Chargers gig.

Not if the clapper gets there first...

200.gif

Rams DC is now in the running??? A bit surprising to me. Leave no stone unturned and interview as many cadidates as possible, I guess.

Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is reportedly the "favorite" to take over as the Los Angeles Chargers' new head coach.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Saturday the Chargers are waiting for the Bills' playoff run to end so they can begin formal negotiations with Daboll, who emerged as their top choice after nine interviews for the vacant position.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

🤣

Archived