Eagles New HC Poll - search for new HC discussion here

Outlaw

Out of whose left, who do you want?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Current Poll: Out of whose left, who do you want?

• Daboll
    • Brady
    • Staley
    • Eberflus
    • Caldwell
    • McDaniels
    • Bienemy
    • Bowles
    • Lewis
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, xstonr said:

Word now is Bienemy is going to San Diego. No top coach wants to come to this disheveled, disorganized, soap opera of an organization.

Well he might want to stop in LA if he is going to coach the Chargers.

So is it Garrett, Daboll or Bienemy as the Chargers new coach, sounds like the media is throwing a lot of BS around.

17 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

McDaniels has shown he sucks as a head coach and seems like a terrible person. Idk I would rather have an unknown in Duce than have a guy we know will be out in 2-3 years. He doesn’t have Brady anymore to control the offense.

Not wrong but coaches have also shown to be better on the second go around. 

I wonder why a guy like Greg Roman doesn’t even get mentioned as a potential option. 

I have a question. If we keep getting coaches from the Reid tree shouldn't we have just kept the actual tree?

34 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I wonder why a guy like Greg Roman doesn’t even get mentioned as a potential option. 

Because it's Wentz and not Hurts...duh. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Philly said:

Maybe I’m in the minority here, I want to give Wentz another shot, yes he had a horrible year but he has shown me enough that I believe he can be saved with someone other than Press Taylor as his coach. You don’t just get rid of him and take a huge hit on your cap, not to mention all the draft pick you used to get him for one crappy season. 

Wouldn’t any smart potential HC for this job just phone John D or Reich and see if these reports have any truth? 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not wrong but coaches have also shown to be better on the second go around. 

See Belichick, Bill. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

What QBs have had passing success under Roman? None. Hes a QB run first type of offense. No thank you

2 hours ago, Damanick10 said:

McDaniels has shown he sucks as a head coach and seems like a terrible person. Idk I would rather have an unknown in Duce than have a guy we know will be out in 2-3 years. He doesn’t have Brady anymore to control the offense.

While you raise some good points, please consider:

1. Culture is huge, and can be the reason to promote Duce instead of going with a guy like McDaniels, however, I really think we need an outside perspective. Even DP was too close to AR/Eagles to bring enough fresh new ideas. The real difference maker (in my opinion) was Frank Reich

2. McDaniels might not have Brady, but I really believe Wentz has the potential to develop into a guy like Brady. If not Brady, at least an Aaron Rodgers, or Ben Roethlesberger. Different skill set, but I think Wentz is a championship caliber quarterback. He just needs the right guidance. 

8 minutes ago, DBW said:

This whole "Carson needs to be the qb” thing during interviews is very concerning.  

Yup lost out on all the good ones so now they have to sell us on a Kafka scrub who will just be happy to have a HC job.

3 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Yup lost out on all the good ones so now they have to sell us on a Kafka scrub who will just be happy to have a HC job.

I feel like it’s going to be duce because that’s all that will be left and they know some fans want it and would buy in.  My concern with duce is that they have to build an entire staff. OC, DC, etc, and I’m not sure he has the ties and the ability to bring in star studded coordinators.  So someone like kevin Kolb will end up as the OC. We’re really screwed for the next 5 years at least because of Jeffs infatuation with Howie.  And in a way, chip still haunts this franchise.  

25 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

What QBs have had passing success under Roman? None. Hes a QB run first type of offense. No thank you

I wasn’t even necessarily saying for here, just like...at all. 

13 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Brady, Daboll, Bienemy all still available. 

4 minutes ago, Swimm said:

"Carson needs to be the QB"

But we made sure to blow a 2nd rd on a QB anyway

Yeah I can’t believe that jeff is ok with this.  It doesn’t fit with the "we were trying to win now” narrative he put out there.  

5 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

I can't, might be the Invision configuration. Or maybe @Moderator12 can...

...or @Outlaw close this and start a new one? 🤷‍♂️

I haven't been following, what is the issue with it?

10 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Any coach who calls QB runs is a BS coach, that's why the Ravens haven't done well in the playoffs, it's simply BS play calling.

Don't get me wrong, a QB sneak, occasional surprise QB keepers, or having the QB take off when he sees an opening on a called pass play is fine, but calling 5 - 10 designed QB runs means you don't know what your doing as an OC.

11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Brady, Daboll, Bienemy all still available. 

Watch, Daboll will take the LA job, Brady and Bienemy will still be available, and we’ll still hire Moore or Kafka ... or worse yet, Gase.

1 hour ago, Moderator12 said:

@Outlaw changed some names in the poll but now those of us that voted before the chance can't vote again in the new one. I suggested he contact one of you to fix it

36 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

@Outlaw changed some names in the poll but now those of us that voted before the chance can't vote again in the new one. I suggested he contact one of you to fix it

Gotcha.

I would have to remove the poll and start it all over with a new one.  I *might* be able to close this and add the new one, but since its been modified I dont see the point  

2 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

Tried to remove names of people taken but rather than responses for those guys leaving with them, it would just move them up the list. So I closed the original poll and opened this new one. However people that voted in the old one can’t revote in the new

Archived